Support Request for Air Speed in Telemetry

Roons

Please add support for speed in telemetry so we can utilize wind kits to simulate the speed of the aircraft. These units are incredibly immersive and add so much to the game. I currently use the Sim Racing Studio fan kits that emulate wind in DCS, DiRT Rally 2.0, Asseto Corse, and iRacing and the effect is incredible. The thought of sitting in a I-16 Type 24 or the WWI planes with the wind effect matching your speed would be amazing!  

Marcelo at Sim Racing Studio advised they just need the air speed for them to implement it for IL-2. 

Please, I beg you, add speed telemetry and I will do everything I can to help beta test or provide data for troubleshooting. I will advise Sim Racing Studio once support is implemented. :) Thanks for making an incredible game and I look forward to your continued support for motion rigs and telemetry data within IL-2.

Thank you!

PS - I deleted this reply on another thread to avoid duplication and to have it as a separate topic. 

Here are a couple video reviews of sim fan kits in action: 

Edited by Roons
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'd actually pay for this enhancement.  I'm also running the SRS blower kit, and even in fixed manual mode it's incredible immersion when flying WW1 birds.  Having variable speed based on telemetry would be huge.  Even using it in WWII closed pit birds would be good, as I use it in iRacing with closed pits and the speed clues provided by the wind is very useful.

Also great for keeping that VR HMD enclosed head cool.   😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not sure how to move a post, but I added this support request to the Suggestions pinned thread here  

Edited by Roons

vonrickenbecker

I think this is a fantastic idea guys! I will add that it may actually be more worthwhile to have the game export either % power or RPM of the engine rather than the airspeed of the craft itself. I've done a bit of open-cockpit flying IRL, and I can say from experience that in most phases of flight, the speed of air impacting your face is FAR more dependent on the engine/propeller speed than it is on airspeed. Regardless of how fast your plane is moving through the air, the propwash is almost always going to be faster (except of course for when the enemy flames your engine and you glide in for a forced landing!). 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

No need for commercial stuff as racesimmer have the free Simhub. 

I also did ask this at the start but apparently there’s seems to be no interest from 1C. For simracer there is a FREE tool called Simhub that’s supporting lots of sims. It is working perfect https://www.simhubdash.com/supported-games/  It does have bass shakers, drive wind fan and more included. Would be great if this BoX/FC could be included in Simhub. 

Edited by Dutch2

• 8 months later...

Bumping to top. A simply addition to the already existing API would easily support Air Speed telemetry for fan kits. It would be INCREDIBLE if this was added for the WW1 and open cockpit planes.

• Like 1