Han

Developer Diary 244 - Discussion

No!!!¬† it was "clean" ūüėā

On 3/13/2020 at 8:41 PM, schurem said:

So did tante Ju start as AI only or was that flyable right off the bat? I would gladly pay for a flyable dak and wait patiently a good long time for her too.

23 hours ago, 1/JSpan_Guerrero said:

The Waco CG-4 will not be modeled to represent D-day? It is an easy model to model in 3D

It would be a very interesting plane to develop a scripted campaign. I would buy it. Of course it would be an IA plane. It would also serve to decorate certain air bases.

22 hours ago, Lemsip said:

If this were to happen the Horsa would be a must. And possibly the German ZFS 230. But this is just wishful thinking. ūüôÉ

It's funny to see the '"We want" inflation' striking again. Same thing happened with Ju-52. BOS was released without it - cue instant 'We must have the Ju-52 in BOS' threads.

Then....

AI Ju-52 announced.

We must have a flyable Ju-52.

Flyable Ju-52 announced

It must have paratroopers - we absolutely need paratroopers

Flyable Ju-52 released as collector plane - with paratroopers
As we have a flyable Ju-52 for Germans, it is only fair that allied side gets Li-2/C-47. We must have a Li-2/C-47

AI C-47 announced for Normandy

We need a flyable C-47 (with paratroopers - obviously!)

And...by the way...could we have the Waco CG-4 glider too?

And if we are getting the Waco,  we must have the Horsa

If Allies get Waco and Horsa Germans must have the ZFS 230

Sometimes I feel sorry for the devs ūüôā

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, kendo said:

It's funny to see the '"We want" inflation' striking again.

Imagination knows no bounds!

• Haha 1

Next step I presume:

Waco, Horsa and ZFS 230 MUST be flyable

17 minutes ago, kendo said:

It's funny to see the '"We want" inflation' striking again. Same thing happened with Ju-52. BOS was released without it - cue instant 'We must have the Ju-52 in BOS' threads.

Then....

AI Ju-52 announced.

We must have a flyable Ju-52.

Flyable Ju-52 announced

It must have paratroopers - we absolutely need paratroopers

Flyable Ju-52 released as collector plane - with paratroopers
As we have a flyable Ju-52 for Germans, it is only fair that allied side gets Li-2/C-47. We must have a Li-2/C-47

AI C-47 announced for Normandy

We need a flyable C-47 (with paratroopers - obviously!)

And...by the way...could we have the Waco CG-4 glider too?

And if we are getting the Waco,  we must have the Horsa

If Allies get Waco and Horsa Germans must have the ZFS 230

If there is realy so many ppl who wont ju52, there would be no question of geting c-47, fact that they have to do it as AI after po-2 shows that there is no market in airplanes like that. Better they focus on making atleast one of the AI bombers into player airplane and test if there is raly so many players that wont bombers, as ju52 and po-2 show that there is not interest in airplanes like c-47.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, CountZero said:

there is not interest in airplanes like c-47.

I have little interest in the C-47 (although much more interest in it than the Ju-52), but I just did a poll of planes and the C-47, after three rounds, came up as the most wanted new plane from a list of 36 planes I put together.

Personally, I love the Po-2. One of the draws of CLoD was that it had a flyable tiger moth, so I'm very glad the Po-2 was added. Still, I waited until it was on sale to buy it . . .

18 minutes ago, CountZero said:

If there is realy so many ppl who wont ju52, there would be no question of geting c-47, fact that they have to do it as AI after po-2 shows that there is no market in airplanes like that.

Or might it eventually have to do with the fact, that making it flyable would need more time, plus if it would be flyable released with BON, there would be one aircraft have to be cut out on Allied side? So which one would you sacrifice?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, kendo said:

No need to, they are enthusiasts as well as us so understand we want it all to make the sim complete, keep giving them interesting ideas I say.:lol:

Unfortunately they have to do the math for each item, here I do feel sorry for them, they have to choose what to leave out.:cray:

All will eventually come to those who wait patiently, especially if they make a little noise as well.;)

As for the Waco and Horsa, maybe they could replace the intended V-1 Flying Bomb with a towed glider, more relevant for Normandy I think.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Posted (edited)

We need the following IMMEDIATELY...

The HuuricaneandaflyabeB25andtheP-47D22andtheC47withLi-2optionthatcarrybombssowecanmakeFootballWarscenarios...

(huff-puff)...

and...

and...

and...

THE WESTLAND WHIRLWIND!!!!

All in 2 weeks please.

ūü§£

Edited by Beebop
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Beebop said:

All in 2 weeks please.

ūü§£

Answer of Han will be: OK, we'll do it in one week:salute:

8 hours ago, CountZero said:

If there is realy so many ppl who wont ju52, there would be no question of geting c-47, fact that they have to do it as AI after po-2 shows that there is no market in airplanes like that. Better they focus on making atleast one of the AI bombers into player airplane and test if there is raly so many players that wont bombers, as ju52 and po-2 show that there is not interest in airplanes like c-47.

Considering that myself am passing up buying BoN until it goes on a steep sale, I would assume its a very popular and highly wanted flyable aircraft. I mean, one need only look at this entire thread to see that almost everyone here is asking for it to be flyable.

Now normally, I would have purchased BoN, but considering it pretty much ONLY has fighters... it was a very hard pass for me. As much as I love the P-51, P-38, and P-47, I'm a transport/bomber pilot at heart.

Curious, which planes would you get rid of in order to include more bombers, and which would you include?

Check me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me that the reason we don't get as many flyable planes as we want, in fact as many planes as we want, along with all the maps, theaters (pacific), objects and a myriad of fixes is because the Development Team is small, most likely underpaid and most importantly not a huge international concern like say, Ubisoft that can devote a couple of dozen workers to a single game, is the reason things take so long.  Sure, I'd like the world and I'd like it now but what we do have is beautiful and for a computer simulation pretty darn realistic.  It also supports VR, a nearly "cutting edge" technology not found in all games so, all things considered, I'm pretty darn happy.

10 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

I have little interest in the C-47 (although much more interest in it than the Ju-52), but I just did a poll of planes and the C-47, after three rounds, came up as the most wanted new plane from a list of 36 planes I put together.

Personally, I love the Po-2. One of the draws of CLoD was that it had a flyable tiger moth, so I'm very glad the Po-2 was added. Still, I waited until it was on sale to buy it . . .

You missed the B-17 plane¬†ūüėĀ

1 hour ago, kitsunelegend said:

Now normally, I would have purchased BoN, but considering it pretty much ONLY has fighters... it was a very hard pass for me. As much as I love the P-51, P-38, and P-47, I'm a transport/bomber pilot at heart.

Heresy! he has forgotten the Mosquito F.B. Mk.VI! 

Forum members, please form an angry¬†mob behind me!¬†Pitchforks and flaming torches will be supplied to those who need them.¬†ūüėȬ†

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll take a flaming pitchfork thank you.

29 minutes ago, Beebop said:

I'll take a flaming pitchfork thank you.

No, no, no! It was flaming rags tied on sticks.¬†Pitchforks were used for emphasis by¬†pumping them vigorously¬†up and down¬†while chatting ‚Äúhurumph, hurumph, hurumph‚ÄĚ

I’d like to add my voice for a flyable C-47 too. 

On 3/15/2020 at 5:49 PM, Yogiflight said:

Or might it eventually have to do with the fact, that making it flyable would need more time, plus if it would be flyable released with BON, there would be one aircraft have to be cut out on Allied side? So which one would you sacrifice?

It can be released like Ju-52 as a collectors plane, no necessary to cut any other planes:blush:

18 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

Forum members, please form an angry¬†mob behind me!¬†Pitchforks and flaming torches will be supplied to those who need them.¬†ūüėȬ†

May we foam at the mouth where appropriate? I've been working on my mouth-foaming quite a bit lately, be nice to try it out as part of a proper mob.

29 minutes ago, NHK295M said:

It can be released like Ju-52 as a collectors plane, no necessary to cut any other planes:blush:

Which will then be after the release of BON. So it might still be the right thing to first implement it as AI only, so we can use it in the career, and then when there is time, make it flyable.:good:

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, AndyJWest said:

Every fighter is a F.B. in the BoN plane set. I think he wants medium level bombers, not Mosquitos with solid noses and cannon and mg   . . . . . mmmmmmmmm. I need a cleanup in the pants aisle

Edited by cardboard_killer

The C-47 looks beautiful. I would also like to see this flyable as a collector's aircraft.

On 3/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, LukeFF said:

The cockpit and engine cowlings were different.

It also had a rear side door on the right hand side and I think the main undercarriage legs were slightly different.

Would love to see the Li-2 in the game.

Posted (edited)
On 3/14/2020 at 8:43 AM, namhee2 said:

two exemple

1_3.jpg

1_19.jpg

Calm down!! Calm down!!

Turrets are prohibited on this game.

Edited by 6./ZG26_Gielow

20 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Gielow said:

Turrets are prohibited on this game.

.......and i saw somewhere  (not remember exactly)  real pictures of  JU52  with front -cabin  turret and another with same mg rear mount over the copilot !

i'll try to find docs .

but now : three cheers for 101e Airborne  jump from Dakota :soldier:

hello,

Thanks for the links, excellent, I'm surprised to find so many people interested in JU../..Toucan .

Actually, I am new here and I'm a bit lost in the Forum, too many interesting topics, films, characters etc. at once

'll try to be slower now for  enthusiastic reactions !

Looking forward to the C-47. Will pay whatever to get her flyable :)

• Like 1

Wow, the risks people will go to smuggle hillbillies:)

• Haha 1

Streamlined panted wheels too?

images (9).jpg

The C47 is a beautiful aircraft. If it was a collector aircraft I'd buy her in a heart beat. I recently purchased the JU 52, its a shame that not many servers have objectives for it.

Regards

Deano