Developer Diary 244 - Discussion

Missionbug

The C-47 looks a real beauty, cannot wait to see her in sim.:drinks:

Having a cockpit to sit in it would also be most welcome.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Avimimus

I know it is out of the question at the moment - but I couldn't help wondering "How successful a crowd funding campaign would need to be to get an Li-2" :) Anyway, it'll be nice to see the C-47 as an AI asset... definitely lovely.

Dev, can you tell us if the C47 Ai will perform the same features as the JU52 : drop paratrooper, drop canister, cargo unload.

And when she will be flyiable by player ? 😁

Edited by Habu
  • Upvote 2
I./JG1_Baron
24 minutes ago, Habu said:

Dev, can you tell us if the C47 Ai will perform the same features as the JU52 : drop paratrooper, drop canister, cargo unload.

And when she will be flyiable by player ? 😁

Im bloody sure that answer is Yes. 

So did tante Ju start as AI only or was that flyable right off the bat? I would gladly pay for a flyable dak and wait patiently a good long time for her too.

FlyingNutcase

Looking beautiful. For our mental health & general well-being, yes this really needs to be flyable one day. 😄

45 minutes ago, schurem said:

So did tante Ju start as AI only or was that flyable right off the bat? I would gladly pay for a flyable dak and wait patiently a good long time for her too.

she was AI only at the begining, and after she'll become flyable.

Nearly 85 years after its first flight, the DC-3 is still an elegant looking airplane.  The model as pictured, looks great.

LLv24_Sukka24
58 minutes ago, Livai said:

Unarmed?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0b/2a/44/0b2a44329b3d691e91729a451e1d2de4.jpg

I thought we were going to Normandy, not Vietnam.

• Haha 1
76IAP-Black

😂 Who cares, armed is armed 

I can imagine they will open a preorder, step by step, plane by plane

B-25

B-26 Im most looking for ward to it

C-47

The planes will be succesfull as collector planes, 

I never was a Fan at the beginning of payable stuff after putchasing the game, but it finance my passion and hobby for the next years, so, why not and im happy to have a new il2 

• Like 1
namhee2
14 minutes ago, Juri_JS said:

Have the Soviets sometimes equipped their lend-lease C-47s with turrets or was this only done with the Li-2?

two exemple

1_3.jpg

1_19.jpg

AEthelraedUnraed

Just wondering, are there any significant differences between the C-47 and Li-2 (besides the obvious turret)?

News are greats, but one wish (always the same) please, is it possible to make the B-25 and the C-47 flyable. The Ju-52 is partially with only the pilot and gunner seats available, I dream to see the Ju-52, the B-25, the C-47 and all the actual and futur big planes with all the crew position playable as it is for Tank Crew, I know the most part of players want to be a pilot or a gunner to have fun in shooting planes but some like to recreate a crew with all the position as pilot, co-pilot, radio, navigator, bomber playable, specially on multiplayer mode. I imagine it will be a lot of work, but Tank Crew and the previous version of Il-2 showed it’s not impossible...

• Like 1
BladeMeister

Nice work Gents. Stay healthy everyone. I predict the online numbers will be setting new records for a while.

S!Blade<><

1/JSpan_Guerrero

The Waco CG-4 will not be modeled to represent D-day? It is an easy model to model in 3D

a7a3b58734057e95d0593993ba53b955.jpg

The Waco CG-4 will not be modeled to represent D-day? It is an easy model to model in 3D

It would be a very interesting plane to develop a scripted campaign. I would buy it. Of course it would be an IA plane. It would also serve to decorate certain air bases.

Edited by 1/JSpan_Guerrero
1 hour ago, 1/JSpan_Guerrero said:

a7a3b58734057e95d0593993ba53b955.jpg

It would be a very interesting plane to develop a scripted campaign. I would buy it. Of course it would be an IA plane. It would also serve to decorate certain air bases.

If this were to happen the Horsa would be a must. And possibly the German ZFS 230. But this is just wishful thinking. 🙃

TP_Sparky

Is the size and shape of the Normandy map the same as the revised area shown before?   I hope so as it includes my village on the southern edge.

jollyjack
On 3/13/2020 at 2:43 PM, Han said:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

C47 Ai only ????????????

Edited by jollyjack
Jade_Monkey
Just now, jollyjack said:

C74 Ai only ????????????

Yes, per the BoN announcement, same with the B-26 and V1.

LukeFF
5 hours ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

Just wondering, are there any significant differences between the C-47 and Li-2 (besides the obvious turret)?

The cockpit and engine cowlings were different.

Edited by LukeFF
-=PHX=-SuperEtendard

ngl I would like them to make the Li-2 to make use of the guns it had (turret, nose and side door ShKAS) and bombs too.

li2niivvs.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams
11 hours ago, Livai said:

Unarmed?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0b/2a/44/0b2a44329b3d691e91729a451e1d2de4.jpg

AKA Puff the Magic Dragon. Nice!

Jason

pilotpierre

My first flight was in one of these flying from Adelaide to the Woomera rocket range in 1958 I was 12 at the time and flying alone to stay with my cousin who lived in Woomera. 

Flying over the desert was a rough ride, dropping 200’ then immediately rising backup again a couple of hundred feet higher than its original altitude. I can distinctly remember being enthralled and was the only passenger on the plane who wasn’t air sick. 

I am sure it was this flight that switched on the key to get a pilots licence  just to fly aerobatics later on in life. 

Now at 73 and with dozens of overseas flights under my belt I have only ever experience the same magnitude of air disturbance once. Whilst I enjoyed it my wife and many others were somewhat terrified.

CCG_Pips
1 hour ago, pilotpierre said:

My first flight was in one of these flying from Adelaide to the Woomera rocket range in 1958 I was 12 at the time and flying alone to stay with my cousin who lived in Woomera. 

Flying over the desert was a rough ride, dropping 200’ then immediately rising backup again a couple of hundred feet higher than its original altitude. I can distinctly remember being enthralled and was the only passenger on the plane who wasn’t air sick. 

I am sure it was this flight that switched on the key to get a pilots licence  just to fly aerobatics later on in life. 

Now at 73 and with dozens of overseas flights under my belt I have only ever experience the same magnitude of air disturbance once. Whilst I enjoyed it my wife and many others were somewhat terrified.

😉.........My first flight on a C-47.....1961 from Colomb Béchard (South Algerian west Sahara) to Algier (Algeria) and the top was for pure fun, co-pilot took me by the hand and he sat me down in the cockpit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After about 60 years, I still remember and for sure this adventure gave me the Air flight virus!!!😄

At this NICE time, rules in planes where not so strict !!!

You can understand why I am so crying to do not see this beauty flyable !!

AndyJWest
3 minutes ago, CCG_Pips said:

😉.........My first flight on a C-47.....1961 from Colomb Béchard (South Algerian west Sahara) to Algier (Algeria) and the top was for pure fun, co-pilot took me by the hand and he sat me down in the cockpit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully the conversation didn't go like this: 😉

• Haha 7
  • Jason_Williams unpinned this topic