wolfeDrugut

Is there a plan for new planes?

I already have most of the rof planes, will there be new planes? I am really crawing for flying boats Macchi M.5 ,M.7, Hansa Brandenburg CC, Lohner L

Posted (edited)

Well the theory goes that by purchasing FC you are supporting future FC development.  Though right now that money seems to only be going toward WW2 development. 

Still, if nothing else it is the only effective way to show the devs that investing in WW1 content will result in sales; and it's far better than the community's misguided hope that buying all the WW2 content will result in more WW1 content.

It's a good game, if a little bare-bones; and when on sale is a good value.  So you should give it a try.  It's currently only $40 US, so jump in.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

There's currently no expectations of planes that aren't already in RoF, that I know of.

I would think seaplanes are unlikely in the next batch, there's not much in the way of sea yet !

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

There's currently no expectations of planes that aren't already in RoF, that I know of.

I would think seaplanes are unlikely in the next batch, there's not much in the way of sea yet !

Maybe the toilet though.

6 hours ago, wolfeDrugut said:

I already have most of the rof planes, will there be new planes? I am really crawing for flying boats Macchi M.5 ,M.7, Hansa Brandenburg CC, Lohner L

Not a chance in hell of getting those...

Still wonder why they havent just put a team on making one plane at a time selling it as collectors plane.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red_Von_Hammer said:

Still wonder why they havent just put a team on making one plane at a time selling it as collectors plane.

Yeah that makes sense... Charge us $120 for the base game, then charge us extra for each update. And most of these planes we have already owned in RoF, just a less updated version...

S!

31 minutes ago, Stumble said:

Yeah that makes sense... Charge us $120 for the base game, then charge us extra for each update. And most of these planes we have already owned in RoF, just a less updated version...

S!

I paid 60 using the RoF discount and now its 35.
But anyway, ok be my guest wait a year so you can pay "120" (donno where you get that number from?) for Vol.2 (another 10 planes) then 😄

I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I still dream of getting my hands on that sweet, sweet SPAD VII though....

2 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

He has a kiwi for an Avatar.  Probably means in aussiebucks.

Ummm your calling a kiwi an Aussie, Those are fighting words to a Kiwi. And when someone uses a Kiwi as an avatar that usually means their a Kiwi. And their dollar is worse than our Canadian dollar that sucks to start with.  

• Haha 1

Flying boats in RoF were (still are) a pain in the ass. They just hover around a dogfight area and shooting at anything around them, getting a lot of friendly fire. 
It's also annoying being constantly shot at by them when you try to have a good dogfight.

In FC with the huge map and mission objectives I think they could serve a different purpose. Attacking them sadly will almost always end up you getting your engine shot. no matter if you try diving on them or coming from below. 

But then we need a new map. Channel map for FC?

Any self respecting Kiwi would be honoured to be called an Aussie. It is we who have been insulted!.   (Grabs flying glove....SLAP SLAP SLAP)

I paid $115.00 Aussie for the pleasure, so my friend trapped on two small islands to the east is on the money re the price he paid.

Pity, by now after getting used to the new generation of Sturmovik games, i think FC1 is far more fun for gamers .... especially the dogfighting.

PS I paid fully for BoS, BoM, BoK, FC1,and feel a bit 'cheated' now they're dropping the price at sometimes at 50 % already after 6 months.

As such got really fed up with this IL2 pricing policy; for now i will not buy Normandy. Or Tank Crew for that matter.

You are treading on very thin ice here @J28w-Broccoli. Comparing me with an Aussie.... Nah hahaha. 

Yes, I'm from kiwi land so my kiwi dollar is a little bit higher then yours. But neverless, I don't think it's all that fair if we were to be charged extra for additional planes, when we're already charged an extortionate rate for the base game. 

I do want to add however, I think the half price discount is a much more reasonable price. And I understand that the devs have full control, and can do whatever they want. It just means poor buggers like me get a little angry lol

S!

Stumble!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stumble said:

You are treading on very thin ice here @J28w-Broccoli. Comparing me with an Aussie.... Nah hahaha. 

Yes, I'm from kiwi land so my kiwi dollar is a little bit higher then yours. But neverless, I don't think it's all that fair if we were to be charged extra for additional planes, when we're already charged an extortionate rate for the base game. 

I do want to add however, I think the half price discount is a much more reasonable price. And I understand that the devs have full control, and can do whatever they want. It just means poor buggers like me get a little angry lol

S!

Stumble!

Start saving mate, be a long time before we get more planes. Get an extra paper route lol. Or sell some of your Barbie dolls . 🤣

16 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Pity, by now after getting used to the new generation of Sturmovik games, i think FC1 is far more fun for gamers .... especially the dogfighting.

PS I paid fully for BoS, BoM, BoK, FC1,and feel a bit 'cheated' now they're dropping the price at sometimes at 50 % already after 6 months.

As such got really fed up with this IL2 pricing policy; for now i will not buy Normandy. Or Tank Crew for that matter.

I paid full price ($110 Aussie or thereabouts) for FC which is pretty very steep for an incomplete buggy game. But hey, I'm a WW1 enthusiast so logic/rationale didn't come into it. However, as all efforts from the devs seem to be directed at BoX or (ugh) TC, I'm unlikely to I won't purchase anything else until FC gets some good lovin'.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2020 at 2:57 PM, J28w-Broccoli said:

He has a kiwi for an Avatar.  Probably means in aussiebucks.

Prospective  FC purchaser.

image.jpeg.d9ef8e984f68dd9e9390df6f523a8da9.jpeg

Things could be worse tho image.jpeg.52b6bb0108e0c29b91c2cc06d55db7d8.jpeg

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 5

On 3/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, Zooropa_Fly said:

Will the Rof planes be working in FC1? I would like that Roland Cii there, plus a few bombers and water planes ...

4 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Will the Rof planes be working in FC1? I would like that Roland Cii there, plus a few bombers and water planes ...

As far as I remember, the plan was to 'port' all the RoF planes over.

That however, would take us to FC4 at the current rate.

Since FC2  is dependant on sales of FC1, whether we get an FC2 is still anybody's guess at this stage.

There seems to have been a bump in sales since the price was cut in half, so maybe an FC2 is more likely now tha a few weeks ago.

I do understand current owners of the game being a bit pissed about the price being slashed so soon after 'release', questionable form from the devs there.

S!

Out of sheer frustration i bought RoF LoL (and at the recent dump price).

24 minutes ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

That however, would take us to FC4 at the current rate.

S!

There isn't enough German planes in RoF for even FC 3. There are two 1918 single-seaters and four pre-1917 single-seaters left. Couple of two-seaters and seaplane. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, J2_Trupobaw said:

There isn't enough German planes in RoF for even FC 3. There are two 1918 single-seaters and four pre-1917 single-seaters left. Couple of two-seaters and seaplane. 

That was purely based on the fact there are, by my reckoning, 39 planes in RoF.

FC1 has 10 planes.

So perhaps we might get 1 new crate with FC4 🤓

Edited by Zooropa_Fly
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think the way forward with FC is with new planes.  Use the last day of the war as the model.  So we'll have the D8 and pfalz12 again, maybe Gotha and HP as well; but also some new ones we've never had before.

Flying Circus: The Hundred Days

Edited by J28w-Broccoli
  • Upvote 1

Sounds to me like a guy should have bought RoF…..oops🙄

On 3/9/2020 at 4:46 PM, Red_Von_Hammer said:

This was basically the RoF model.  Early on they discovered it didn't work but were lumbered with it. 

Early in BoX development Jason  stated that they would not pursue that model again but would release as they are now;  a map with the relevant plane set. 

58 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

This was basically the RoF model.  Early on they discovered it didn't work but were lumbered with it. 

Early in BoX development Jason  stated that they would not pursue that model again but would release as they are now;  a map with the relevant plane set. 

Wait, it didn't work? Shoot. Wish someone would've told me before I bought all the dang planes! (Discounted, of course.)

One of the reasons I haven't gotten FC yet is because of the sad plane set. I can essentially play the same game (and with a nice campaign) in RoF, but with a better selection of planes to choose from. And all sorts, from large bombers to flying boats to planes with wing warping instead of ailerons.

I'm all for supporting the development of more WWI-era flight-sims, but they also got to make it worth my while.  Hell, just allow me to port my RoF plane set over (even with the lower-res textures) and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. (Although certainly not at a $70 price point.)

I'll probably pick it up eventually, but most likely during one of those $19.99 fire sales, like they do with Battle of Moscow.

Posted (edited)

Its $40 now and well worth it. It is fun.....

Dont let the planeset scare you off.

Edited by US213_Talbot

13 hours ago, GrislyAccord said:

Wait, it didn't work?

No, it didn't work for the dev team.  They were always short of funds and led a hand to mouth existence.

Individual collector planes still represent a problem for the devs in BoX as it interferes with planned work flow.

27 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

No, it didn't work for the dev team.  They were always short of funds and led a hand to mouth existence.

So like now too, basically.

Maybe they should try working out all the bugs first?

3 hours ago, Knarley-Bob said:

Maybe they should try working out all the bugs first?

Check the dev diary, there’s a constant stream of bug fixes. These guys haven’t stopped fixing and improving the delivered software so that’s an unfair comment. 

• Confused 1

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 2:21 AM, jollyjack said:

Out of sheer frustration i bought RoF LoL (and at the recent dump price).

I bought it pre-sale.  Pretty much 1 part booze, and 2 parts no "review purchase" phase before inadvertently making the transaction. 

Glad I did though ultimately.  It is the best of the BoX series even though it has barely got going yet.

5 hours ago, Hoots said:

Check the dev diary, there’s a constant stream of bug fixes. These guys haven’t stopped fixing and improving the delivered software so that’s an unfair comment. 

I think he's referring to the fairly huge, 4 years old bug that severely effects the integrity of multiplayer at the moment.

• Like 1

Does it now? Unlike RoF icons-on bug, there is no visible exodus from the servers (quite the contrary).

7 hours ago, Hoots said:

Hey,

I just bought into these games. I have noticed a number of "bugs" and have read of even more, and they are NOT only for FC. It seems to me that releasing new aircraft BEFORE all the bugs (or at least most of the reported ones)are fixed, all one is doing would be just releasing more "bugs". Building on a "flawed" foundation isn't a wise thing to do.

I'm not trying to say the devs aren't doing their job, but having the horse IN FRONT of the cart is the way to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Knarley-Bob said:

Hey,

I just bought into these games. I have noticed a number of "bugs" and have read of even more, and they are NOT only for FC. It seems to me that releasing new aircraft BEFORE all the bugs (or at least most of the reported ones)are fixed, all one is doing would be just releasing more "bugs". Building on a "flawed" foundation isn't a wise thing to do.

I'm not trying to say the devs aren't doing their job, but having the horse IN FRONT of the cart is the way to go.

Good luck finding any piece of software this large and complex that doesn't have bugs in it.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2