Sign in to follow this  
69th_Mobile_BBQ

DM - I'm (mostly) not convinced.....

Posted (edited)

After many recent hours of using the 109 K4 and 190 A8 (still have yet to try other planes) in single player to throw everything and the kitchen sink at an endless stream of P-38s,

I've scored partial hits and full-on hits on the P-38 model and as far as I can tell, in single player, the damage reaction of the model seems to be very feasible. 

In SP, the P-38 didn't really break apart unless I got a truly strong hit on it with multiple cannon shells and bullets.  I observed no instances of 1 cannon shell disassembling the whole plane. 

PKs only came when the correct part of the plane was hit. Yes, sometimes 1 cannon shell was all it took to score a PK or machine gun fire hitting the correct area, but it all seemed very true to reality.  

I have yet to try various planes vs. other planes, (Tempest vs P-38, G-14 vs. P-47 for example) in single player, but this is what I've observed so far.  

It's my opinion that a lot of multiplayer DM problems (overly common PKs, super-weak DMs) are really caused by netcode / internet issues. 

I'm not saying that "bad actors" are the source of the trouble although it's unlikely that there are not at least a small % of those types.  

I am saying that while damage model tweaks for better reactions are always welcome, I think that it may not be the actual source of the issue(s) people are talking about and ways to improve the way the game acts and reacts when the internet is factored in might be what to look at.  

edited to say:  I'm not convinced that the easy breakability of the plane is a single player problem. 

instead of the original:

I'm not convinced that the easy breakability of the plane is a NOT single player problem. 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

I'd love to join constructively this discussion, as I'm always interested in DM improvements. However, the new DM calculations are coming out in next patch (see last DD's), and hence I feel this discussion is a bit off-timed. 

Concerning particular DM quirks (engine of Jug, elevator of Lightning and other stuff), I am sure the Devs know about these and, if they address them in the near future, they will do so after their DM update has come out.

5 hours ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

... However, the new DM calculations are coming out in next patch (see last DD's), and hence I feel this discussion is a bit off-timed...

Or perfectly timed... the DD just addressed these issues in great detail so we will get to see the improvements in Two Weeks 😀

Moot conversation since new Damage Modeling is coming in the not too far future.

Jason

On 3/6/2020 at 3:41 PM, Jason_Williams said:

Moot conversation since new Damage Modeling is coming in the not too far future.

Jason

Do you have any information about this, that can be published? Especially minengeschoss implementation.

• Confused 1

On 3/6/2020 at 9:41 AM, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Roger that.  Looking forward to seeing how it works out.      :salute:

5 hours ago, D3adCZE said:

Do you have any information about this, that can be published? Especially minengeschoss implementation.

Look at the latest DD entry.

13 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Look at the latest DD entry.

Thanks