The A.I are not following commands?

Hello 

I'm new to using the editor, I've been following the Mission Editor and Server manual.

I've created a simple Dogfight map, but I wanted to include A.I targets on the ground having a battle between tanks and some aircraft taking off from airfield. 

I've setup the MCU's and events for planes, waypoint and attack zones for tanks, but when I play the mission none of the A.I follow commands they all just sit still. 

Any ideas what I'm missing? 

Have you set up waypoints, have you activated the first waypoint (if not everything will stay still indeed), have you set the priority of the waypoints to medium or low (with high they will not fire just move to the next waypoints). Check also that the AttackArea is activated and that it has an object link to the leader or the corresponding tanks. For tank to tank check ground units in the AttackArea. You can also have tank platoon against another platoon using Attack. 

• Thanks 1

Hi all thanks for responding, I've been following the Mission Editor videos on you tube by Vapor8bit, during the second video he sets up some MCU's which is what I've done but alas they don't do anything.

I have set commands for take off (planes) and I've also set a waypoint for the tanks including a 5 sec timer before giving them the command. 

I gather A.I logic is not affected by having the mission set as Dogfight?

Not sure if pictures are really going to help>?

image.thumb.png.899bc5d3a00467926053b9fa9c834180.pngimage.thumb.png.2ceb320a4061425b2599fe22ae750643.png

6 hours ago, F-Dog said:

Not sure if pictures are really going to help>?

It's usually better to post the mission. Zip the mission files and attach the zip to your post.

On 3/6/2020 at 6:14 AM, Zooropa_Fly said:

Tricky bit is getting them to have a fair fight.

S!

That’s it.

I sometimes I use an endless tank battle generator which just keeps new tanks driving toward the battle as each one gets killed.

• Upvote 1
On 3/8/2020 at 3:39 AM, Gambit21 said:

That’s it.

I sometimes I use an endless tank battle generator which just keeps new tanks driving toward the battle as each one gets killed.

I would be interested in seeing an endless generator :) 

11 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Are those timers inside the blue box in the pic triggered by anything?

No they are just timers - I was following a tutorial on you tube, I don't recall there being anything before hand. Should I attach a mission begin MCU?

14 hours ago, F-Dog said:

Yup that did it! thanks for pointing it out :)

And you can have as many Mission Begin as you want. This allows for better organisation of the connection graphs of your mission, and define autonomous entities.

Do not forget to use the groups facility. It is very important that from the beginning you think in terms of groups, which will become your building blocks in terms of various tasks. You build groups on top of groups and so you will create your mission "tree". You can create your own library. You can then have connections between them, but most important you can easily copy paste complete "functions" or "actions" which can be totally autonomous or not. As you learn you will realize how powerful is this ME.

Edited by IckyATLAS
  • Thanks 1

There are a certain number that have been put on the forum over the years. You have to search a little and see if you find what you are looking for or similar.

You have also those that are with Jim's Manual.

Edited by IckyATLAS