Key bindings double funktion?

Hi there.

Is It possible to bind 2 different funktions to the same key if the funktions are individual and not  getting used at the same plane?  Im thinking about binding watercooling control and radial engine inlet cowl to the same lever since I believe that in most cases, if any, radial engines do not have watercooling.  Should this Work ok without conflicting, and do any of you know other obvious non conflicting funktions that I can combine in one button / lever?

=FSB=HandyNasty

There shouldn't be any conflicts. 

for some other functions examples :  

- elevator trim,  Bf109 horizontal stab, Fw190 horizontal stab etc can all be set on same keys

- oil radiator opening of for example Bf110, He111 with opening oil rads of other planes

- same for water rads

- RPM control and prop pitch control on keys

• Thanks 1
TCW_Brzi_Joe

- RPM(+) and prop pitch(-) (opposite directions)

- Water radiators and outer cowls

- Oil radiators and inner cowls

- all Lights together, only cockpit light separate

- Gears (up/down) and "gunners fire at will" and "gunners shoot ground targets"

• Thanks 1
cardboard_killer

Trim up/down with Trim Up Button and Trim Down Button. No two planes have both. (note I just found that CLoD you cannot do this, and they have separate trim resets for all three trims).

Speaking of trim, why would they do this. It caused me so many problems binding the up button to be UP and not DOWN!

Capture.thumb.JPG.94f7f1bfaad3f921b51dbc7ff4b2f27c.JPG

Edited by cardboard_killer
  • Thanks 1
Ghost666
10 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

Speaking of trim, why would they do this. It caused me so many problems binding the up button to be UP and not DOWN!

Capture.thumb.JPG.94f7f1bfaad3f921b51dbc7ff4b2f27c.JPG

because you are adjusting the trim tab and not the elevator itself. up on the trim tap pushes the elevator down and the the nose of the plane down.

cardboard_killer
17 minutes ago, Ghost666 said:

because you are adjusting the trim tab and not the elevator itself. up on the trim tap pushes the elevator down and the the nose of the plane down.

I understand that, but the difference between the elevator trim axis and the elevator trim buttons is the opposite of the other trim axes and trim buttons. See how in the elevator axis it is b11/b10, but then the switches are b10 and b11 respectively; but look at the rudder trim axis/switches--b9/b8 and then b9 and b8 switches. They reversed the order on the one that has up/down reversed as well. And why make the distinction at all--we all understand that moving the tab/elevator up pushes the nose down, why choose the Down Cursor to trim the elevator Up, because it helps an inexperienced pilot remember what pushes his nose up? Pah!