Sign in to follow this  
E69_Kar

Visibility, invisible planes.

Hi guys, 

last weekend a couple of pilots of our squadron ran a bomber raid with  9 He 111 in the Finish virtual pilots server, wen my wingman and me rejoin to scort very close to them at 5k I could only see  3 of the 9 bombers of the formation, my lucky wingman could see  4 of the 9, then along twenty minutes he111 were popping in the formation. Two days longer in WoL, same raid, this time 4 he111, well another mate and me could see only 2 of the 4 planes in the formation from our 109 at 50m distance.

I don't know what this guys have done with the graphycs of this game, now things are getting worse, spotting contacts, invisible planes at 50 meters. Its becoming unplayable.

I've bought all products of this game, but now i'm not going to spend more time and money until this problems had been  fixed.

Im totally disappointed.

• Upvote 4

I can add, that in FC a buddy and I, could not see each other when we were circling the same city, at the same altitude. 

It is not every time this happen, and when it does, it can be on different servers. 

S! 

Happened today to me and squad mates. I sit on spawn and 2 other guys next to me are invisible, but they can see me. Bit later again on could not see the rest of us, we saw him. This at 10-20m away. 

Another day back same thing. He sees me but I do not see him. Distance again 10-20m.

Again on a sortie one of us sees only AA, tracer, bomb explosions but not the other planes at all. We saw him clearly. 

In every case restarting the game solved it. We have gone through video settings for the GPU, no help. Every setting as default as they can be, no enhancements, overrides etc. Only the in-game settings used to avoid any conflict. 

I am starting to believe that one part of the problem can be the netcode. Everything goes, to my understanding, via the servers. Can this cause issues when a server is full and lot of action?

For example on Virtualpilots server the tick rate was still below 10 even it was almost full. According to those with more understanding of that, say the limit is below 20 or you will have issues. 

Hopefully solved some day. 

This problem is quite old already and we have little to no mentions from Devs to solve the problem. I still can not undestand how this bug is not the prior thing to solve now. Seems related with net code a big pendedt subject to improve on the game. Hits not counting that makes us to blame about DM, Useless evasives because planes are not really where you see  and invisible planes. 

I made a post about that with a lot of examples about invisible planes. We got even some answer from a dev saying that the isue should be solved but was not the case and we still can find this situation quite often. 

On 3/2/2020 at 10:04 PM, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Happened today to me and squad mates. I sit on spawn and 2 other guys next to me are invisible, but they can see me. Bit later again on could not see the rest of us, we saw him. This at 10-20m away. 

Another day back same thing. He sees me but I do not see him. Distance again 10-20m.

Again on a sortie one of us sees only AA, tracer, bomb explosions but not the other planes at all. We saw him clearly. 

In every case restarting the game solved it. We have gone through video settings for the GPU, no help. Every setting as default as they can be, no enhancements, overrides etc. Only the in-game settings used to avoid any conflict. 

I am starting to believe that one part of the problem can be the netcode. Everything goes, to my understanding, via the servers. Can this cause issues when a server is full and lot of action?

For example on Virtualpilots server the tick rate was still below 10 even it was almost full. According to those with more understanding of that, say the limit is below 20 or you will have issues. 

Hopefully solved some day. 

Same for me on MP last night.  Spawn in for ground start and my mate can't see me but I see him.  Fired my guns and deliberately crashed into him on the ground but still he doesn't see me.  He shut down game, restarted game and spawned in again and then he saw me and we went flying.

Happy landings,

Talisman

22 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

This problem is quite old already and we have little to no mentions from Devs to solve the problem.

Jason Williams on 23rd. January;

Q. What's the deal with the sometimes invisible planes in MP? What's the cause?

A. This issue is a difficult one to solve for many reasons because the root cause is hard to identify. We have “fixed’ the problem a few times already and we are convinced they were first caused by cheaters. We don’t like commenting on cheaters because we don’t want to give anyone any ideas on how to do it, but we tried to eliminate the issue. We thought we had it solved, but it started happening again. This time it’s more complicated because we see evidence of it not being used as cheat and aircraft are seen and not seen by different users on the same server. We also see evidence of it still being used a cheat. Unfortunately, some of the cheat tools out there are very sophisticated and with our custom engine it is easier to cheat then plug the vulnerabilities. Our Security Branch will continue to look for ways to stop cheaters and we will continue to ban those that are caught. Because of the past history with cheaters this invisible plane issue has been muddled and it’s hard to determine the root cause and what is evidence of cheating and which is an actual bug. It’s very frustrating for us to try and solve. We will keep trying to solve it. Please keep filming examples of it when you see it if possible and we prefer you send directly to us in a PM.

• Thanks 1