Developer Diary 242 - Discussion

Fingers crossed for more ways to generate SP mission content, the new QMB features for Tank Crew would be a god-send. Haven't quite logged as many hours on TC after going through the campaign, and the mission editor is rather difficult and quite time consuming. 

MP for me and my internet is impossible, so more SP stuff is good news. I would absolutely love to get more mileage out of TC, not enough like it out there really. 

Great work, looking forward to what's in store in the future!

9 hours ago, Legioneod said:

Exactly, it is vulnerable from the flanks and from infantry. Since we don't have infantry in-game all we have to do is keep our distance and our front towards the enemy. It's meant to keep it's distance and destroy armor from long range, if used in this way it will be nearly unbeatable in-game imo.

A 500kg bomb close enough will kill you instantly. Planes like the IL2 are your worst enemy currently in the game. You dont hear it, you just explode.

Edited by JG27_Steini

Will there be further improvements to the Prokhorovka map before TC gets finished? At the moment the map looks very empty and dull when your outside a village. Some minor details like single trees/bushes, telegraph/telephone poles, haystacks, trenches and other field fortifications would make a huge difference.

• Upvote 9

S!

Easiest way to disable the Su-152. Shoot thru the driver´s hatch or slightly above and you will kill or disable 3 of the crew immediately as they are located behind eachother. Also ammo stored there so a big chance of cook off. That armor is penned by 75mm /L48, 75mm /L70 and 8mm /L56 with ease. The Ferdinand with that 88mm /L71 will punch through any tank reds have at the moment to over 2000m while being safe from them, that 152mm is not a sniper gun nor did it have optics required.

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
15 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Yeah, this thing is gangsta right up until the devs fully model a young disaffected serbian man with a pistol and hilarious luck.

That poor Serbian man will have his eardrums blown out by the muzzle blast of the Pak43/2.

The Ferdinand did not have problems with being mounted by infantry.  Of course there is a problem with not having an mg,. You have to use the main gun and it's limited ammo supply to take care of the infantry. Shooting sparrows with cannons. It had problems with being focused by heavy artillery and mines.

Generally the crews loved their Ferdinands. Compared to other German tanks the maintenance was easy. The issue was with the limited number of the Ferdinand itself (90 were build) and the bad spare part situation (They were supposed do cannibalize the vehicles and use them up that way).

2 hours ago, radio said:

Please can we expect a buyable StuG III ?

StuG III/IV were ever so much more important than the Ferdninand. I don't own TC yet, but if you're doing Kursk without the StuG but with Panthers and that monstrosity, then you're drinking the Budweiser beer of Kursk. I'm not saying the Ferdninand is a complete failure, but with so many things "tiger" it was hugely expensive for what it did and very wasteful of resources to deploy. Also, (IIRC, but pretty sure) none were used by 4th Panzer Army, only by von Kleist's 9th Army on the norther shoulder of the battle. The place where the German's didn't come close to a breakthrough. 

• Upvote 1
56 minutes ago, SCG_SchleiferGER said:

That poor Serbian man will have his eardrums blown out by the muzzle blast of the Pak43/2.

The Ferdinand did not have problems with being mounted by infantry.  Of course there is a problem with not having an mg,. You have to use the main gun and it's limited ammo supply to take care of the infantry. Shooting sparrows with cannons. It had problems with being focused by heavy artillery and mines.

Generally the crews loved their Ferdinands. Compared to other German tanks the maintenance was easy. The issue was with the limited number of the Ferdinand itself (90 were build) and the bad spare part situation (They were supposed do cannibalize the vehicles and use them up that way).

That there was a joke son you missed it, flew right by ya!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination_of_Archduke_Franz_Ferdinand

5 hours ago, Juri_JS said:

Will there be further improvements to the Prokhorovka map before TC gets finished? At the moment the map looks very empty and dull when your outside a village. Some minor details like single trees/bushes, telegraph/telephone poles, haystacks, trenches and other field fortifications would make a huge difference.

Amen :trenches...anti tank traps etc etc....

On 2/28/2020 at 5:04 PM, Han said:

Previously we talked mostly about the Normandy project,

We can NEVER hear enough about the Normandy project and see them pictures of my pre-purchased Hurricane roaring over my pre-purchased White Cliffs...😇

• Upvote 1

I'm a big fan of TC, the vehicles are modelled so well, but when I bought it back in 2018 I thought it would have substantially more features. It's weird to have a tank simulator without things like infantry, trenches... The Prokhorovka terrain is so empty and featureless it reduces tactical choices. Most mission have an almost chess-like quality to them for this reason.

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Sessine said:

I'm a big fan of TC, the vehicles are modelled so well, but when I bought it back in 2018 I thought it would have substantially more features. It's weird to have a tank simulator without things like infantry, trenches... The Prokhorovka terrain is so empty and featureless it reduces tactical choices. Most mission have an almost chess-like quality to them for this reason.

One thing I enjoyed about playing tanks in Red Orchestra was the combined arms aspect of it.  You had tanks and you had mechanised infantry and to do well teams had to deploy both.  Maybe in time TC will come to do something similar or at least have AI infantry to support the tankers.

• Like 1

Hello,

for best "Ferdinand" and "Elephant" informations you can look at this book

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/02/panzerjager-elephant-modelling-porsches.html#more

or here

https://www.how-amps.org/amusing-hobby-35a030-135-sdkfz184-ferdinand-16t-strabokran-full-interiorclear-roof-parts

or this thread

https://gramho.com/explore-hashtag/フルインテリア

Kind regards

Edited by Koenigstiger
  • Upvote 1

Good morning,

her is a link to the "mother of all radio-controled tanks" from the 60`tis of the last century = the IMAI Kagaku 1/16 Jagdpanzer Elefant =

https://www.forum-rc-panzer.com/t5859-Anatomie-d-un-mod-le-de-l-gende.htm

The seller from the last complete kit gets two years ago more than 5.000 $ for it !

Good luck and health to the developers of TC - they are doing an excellent job !

On 2/29/2020 at 8:37 PM, Juri_JS said:

On 3/1/2020 at 2:37 AM, Blitzen said:

Amen :trenches...anti tank traps etc etc....

And the devastation of one of the largest opening artillery barrages of the war.  

• Upvote 1

When will we see visual damage on both enemy and friendly tanks? Currently it's really hard to see what kind of damage you've dealt to your target. Will we be able to see an actual hole from the round penetrating and so on?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5