Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Does the FC sale price ($40) set the bar for any additional plane sets ?

 

Lots of new faces have appeared with the sale, this might suggest this is the price point at which people, with a casual interest, might be prepared to splash the cash.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Normal retail price is $115 in my part of the world.  The sale definitely makes it more accessible.   Very much recommend too for anyone who is familiar with the BoX series but is looking for a fresh experience and some action that is much more up close.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now they know what sales can be achieved at various price points. If ratio of MP to SP players is consistent they must've seen a very decent spike.

 

However if it was me I'd keep the launch price as high as possible to max returns from the core player base who'll pay what it takes to get the best ww1 sim experience available. Then intro the discount later for more casuals. I guess they might get more launch sales now too, given the  enlarged user base.

Edited by US103_Baer
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the lowest price drop we will get for a while right? I'm really considering getting it finally for the $60 instead of the usual $120.

 

I may as well right?

 

What are the servers like at various times of the day? My problem is I live in New Zealand, so I'll only ever manage to catch the tail end of Thursday night fly in, and I'll never be able to play on my Sunday (your Saturday) either. 

 

S!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The $39.99 discount price can only be a good thing for sales. I wonder how long it'll go for? But I reckon the regular price should be set at $49.99. Only WW1 aviation nuts will pay $79.99. And marketing it as primarily MP with no career was a blunder. I really don't understand this strategy which dismisses a large market. Anyway, if sales have spiked enough I hope this is corrected and we can move onto a more complete (and less buggy) FC2 and beyond.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just signed up in the sale on 14 Mar as, excellent marketing strategy, but in buy it I almost guarantee I'll not be catching any virus. I've enjoyed ROF and the eclectic mix of aircraft, not doubt I'll have to buy them all again, but this was too good an opportunity to miss, so, THANK YOU Guys

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2020 at 12:53 PM, catchov said:

The $39.99 discount price can only be a good thing for sales. I wonder how long it'll go for? But I reckon the regular price should be set at $49.99. Only WW1 aviation nuts will pay $79.99. And marketing it as primarily MP with no career was a blunder. I really don't understand this strategy which dismisses a large market. Anyway, if sales have spiked enough I hope this is corrected and we can move onto a more complete (and less buggy) FC2 and beyond.

 

Agree. I keep seeing the arguments for the developers have to sell FC and TC at a higher price to make an ROI which I completely understand and agree with. But I honestly think a price of $70-80 is just too steep for anybody apart from the core players that buy everything. To get that ROI they have to find the right sweet spot for a price. Perhaps the sale will show if there is a spike in interest even though mainly people already having an IL2 account will be aware of the sale.

 

Secondly I see people say they hope that FC and TC will have follow ups to generate actual content. So that means we have to pay $80 first with mainly a focus on MP and then pay another $80 to get SP content... casual players just won't buy it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am lucky , the money it cost is not a problem for me ( sort of ) , but sometimes I have to try before I have the 'want to buy ' 

I was late to buy the FC , course I can only play one game at time and I have the Il2 ww2 and better , be better pilot in my 109 than spill my time in an old plane ..... But I bought it , and maybe it will become my favourite ...let's see .....

But ........

If in QMB I have had the possibility to try it out , don't have to be full plane set - maybe just 2 plane - like 2 tanks - 1 Vs 1 - it could have startet my interest to buy it earlier - and for some ppl ' to buy ' 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Niiranen-VR said:

I am lucky , the money it cost is not a problem for me ( sort of ) , but sometimes I have to try before I have the 'want to buy ' 

I was late to buy the FC , course I can only play one game at time and I have the Il2 ww2 and better , be better pilot in my 109 than spill my time in an old plane ..... But I bought it , and maybe it will become my favourite ...let's see .....

But ........

If in QMB I have had the possibility to try it out , don't have to be full plane set - maybe just 2 plane - like 2 tanks - 1 Vs 1 - it could have startet my interest to buy it earlier - and for some ppl ' to buy ' 

 

Another Dane around here, great :)

 

I bought BodenPlatte and Kuban on the sale. I wish it had been possible to buy more than one module with the codes... have to wait for the next sale 😪

Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought it on full price, but now i have enough content that I'll be sure to not buy anything at full price from Il-2 any more, especially as i know from previous experience with these devs that FC will likely go on sale for everyone in just a bit of time. This is the challenge of what they're doing. If the game is rediculously expensive but you keep giving 50-75% sales you *will* end up with people not buying anything until there is a sale, and those few that bought it at full price just feel shit once the 75% sale happens a month or two after.

Edited by FarlanderMiG
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They've got a 75% discount at the moment... And they aren't advertising it very much. When buying it look under promo codes or something like that. U can choose 50 or/and 75% off i think. 

 

I wish I had know that before I bought it

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 8:38 AM, HagarTheHorrible said:

Does the FC sale price ($40) set the bar for any additional plane sets ?

 

Lots of new faces have appeared with the sale, this might suggest this is the price point at which people, with a casual interest, might be prepared to splash the cash.

I'm considering getting it because of the sale. Not because the original is out of my price range, in fact, I bought it previously but refunded it after seeing no single player content (other than the frail system we have in place now to pit a few aircraft against each other).

 

Yes the missing campaign is all that's holding me back. If at least there was a better system in place for pitting yourself against the AI..  there should be multiple options :

 

-Dogfight

all the options we currently have

_________

-Bombing run ( Bomber/Fighter Bomber)

Choose between large scale bombing mission with lots of friendly bombers, choose to go with a fighter-bomber to attack enemy supplies, or Train, or Houses, or in the thick of the frontlines.

_________

-Interception bomber (or) Fighter-Bomber

choose to attack large scale bombing run, or to attack fighter bombers.

_______

-Real-time (historical) missions 

recreating realistic type missions that happened, somewhat like we have now, and recreating historical ones, but being able to play them in real time. Meaning an 8 hour mission, is an 8 hour mission. (Like that one game in the past, about the Mighty Eight, you could play a bomber run in real time. That game, if it wasn't for the odd controls, would still beat IL-2 in matter of simulation.)

____

 

-etc etc

___

 

I mean, in a WW2/WW1 Flight sim, these are the options we should have, especially if they jack the price to 90$. Making the game look beautiful but a pretty empty shell is still just an empty shell in the end.   Anyway so this is my opinion on wht I haven't been buying Flying Circus.

 

although for 40$, I'm thinking about it because I think the price is right for what you get, for this one only. Iv been happy to pay full price for the other titles.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stumble said:

You should try using the PWCG. That generates missions for you. Good fun and great substitute for a career mode that we don't have. Check out the Missions sub thread for more info. 

That doesn't solve the problem that they are charging a lot more (almost 100$ ) for a game that has tremendously less than their other games. I don't want to install a a mod to play a game I paid 100$ for. For 60-75$ in their other titles, you get a campaign.

 

I don't want to be THAT guy, but it has to be said. Besides, Iv tried using PWCG in the past and it gave me a headache more than anything so It's a hard pass for me on that, but thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

Edited by hobotango
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I fully agree with you there. It took me a while to finally buy FC for the same reason you point out here. However, PWCG IMO is a good enough work around for any hardcore WW1 fan keen to fly in a career mode. But I'm not really a single player guy, I perfer MP.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah..and I'm not that hardcore about it haha. Anyway usually I don't even have time to play anymore, but... Quarantine is getting to me haha. 

 

For 40$ I think it's a good deal. I have a VR so at least I can enjoy the game like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh you lucky bugger lol. I would love to try this in VR. Everyone says it's amazing!!

 

Beware of the new Damage Model tho. Hopefully they do change it soon... But at the moment wings fly off very very easily after only a few rounds. It means people can take stray shots from 0.5km away, get in a couple wings and take you out the next time you pull any manouver.

 

I'd say it's a game breaker, so hopefully they fix it soon enough. 

 

S!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The price for this product needs to be $30 new, and 15 or 20 on sale. I will never pay $80 for this insult. I own RoF and am happy to just keep playing it from time to time until FC is brought into the realm of reality. Just on the face of it that price tag is ridiculous, but after a quick read of the forums I'm now learning that many of the planes are using unaltered flight models from 2008 and 2009? That is absolutely outrageous. There's no campaign, old flight models, and only a handful of planes. 

 

I mean in what friggin dream world is this company living in when FC is $30 MORE than Battle of Bodenplatte?

 

If this company ever decides to wake up to reality and price their product in a non gougey way, then I'll consider supporting FC since I love the time period. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Relic said:

The price for this product needs to be $30 new, and 15 or 20 on sale. I will never pay $80 for this insult. I own RoF and am happy to just keep playing it from time to time until FC is brought into the realm of reality. Just on the face of it that price tag is ridiculous, but after a quick read of the forums I'm now learning that many of the planes are using unaltered flight models from 2008 and 2009? That is absolutely outrageous. There's no campaign, old flight models, and only a handful of planes. 

 

I mean in what friggin dream world is this company living in when FC is $30 MORE than Battle of Bodenplatte?

 

If this company ever decides to wake up to reality and price their product in a non gougey way, then I'll consider supporting FC since I love the time period. 

The graphics alone make FC superior to ROF by a long shot and if you have VR it's a no brainer. Ai are much better, still not great. 100 times more pilots on line in FC compared to ROF. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tycoon said:

This price is still a ripoff, I don't care how hard it was to port for the devs but there's just no way around it.

This is all we got for ww1 flight sim that is being worked on, no one is building another and a good chance no will other than this group of developers. Unless of course Microsoft decides to build one using their new flight sim engine, then of course that would be the end of 1c1 but I highly doubt that will happen, so we have to suck it up and pay the price. I have all the other war flight sim's but only play this one. I've spent hundreds on flight sims but always and only fly this one. So a hundred bucks or so is nothing. How much did you spend on battle field, once a new one comes out the one you play will be dead. everyone will move to the new game and that just keeps on going time after time. If they add to FC it'll last for a hundred times longer than battle field 1 or what ever it's called.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

 

Or just....not; and go play something else.

 

So there we go.  This thread has reached it's logical conclusion; 

 

 WW1 combat flight sims are an unviable product as the potential market is not prepared to pay a price that gives the developers a realistic return on investment. 

 

:scratch_one-s_head:  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny, I watched my wife buy her 2 boys (my step sons) games that would cost 50 to 100 bucks each, they'd finish them in a month and wanted more. She must have spent thousands on games and some complain about less than a hundred bucks that lasts for years. Crazy. The best ww1 flight sim ever and will only get better with new modules. Most of us cant wait for the Thursday and Sunday battles and that's been going on for how long now and getting more popular by the week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that value in a product can be subjective, the more you play something the more it's worth your money. Even certain games I would normally consider have criminal prices per- content like certain mmos may have value to people who put tons of time into it. That can apply to this game as it can apply to every game. But what I'm talking about is different, this is a slightly "upgraded" version of ROF with a higher price tag. This is no different than Bethesda releasing an "enhanced" version of skyrim that changes nothing for a higher price. Our devs will use the niche excuse, but why then do AAA companies do it as well? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 12:12 AM, Relic said:

I mean in what friggin dream world is this company living in when FC is $30 MORE than Battle of Bodenplatte?

 

It's the same price as the Premium Bodenplatte, both having ten planes, but FC is being included in sales, which in my observation have become more frequent of late.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 9:57 PM, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

... The best ww1 flight sim ever ...

That is debatable, there is a better ww1 flight sim out there. Its called Wings over Flanders Field.  Cutting edge AI who will run away, who gets tired, who has moral drops, etc. The game has a campaign. 80 flyable planes,  450 squadrons in a single player campaign that will perform historical missions.   Etc etc and a price of 30$ U.S +tax. 

The only thing FC has over WOFF is its graphic and VR capabilities. 

Edited by hobotango
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hobotango said:

That is debatable, there is a better ww1 flight sim out there. Its called Wings over Flanders Field.  Cutting edge AI who will run away, who gets tired, who has moral drops, etc. The game has a campaign. 80 flyable planes,  450 squadrons in a single player campaign that will perform historical missions.   Etc etc and a price of 30$ U.S +tax. 

The only thing FC has over WOFF is its graphic and VR capabilities. 

...and flight models and multiplayer.  Apart from that, what have 1C ever done for us?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...