Sign in to follow this  
Oscar19681

T-34-85?

What are the chances we will see the t-34-85? I mean the T34-76 is just no match for the Tiger or Panther even in large numbers. That leaved the tiger and Panther in Tank crew with really no worthy opponent...

1 minute ago, Oscar19681 said:

What are the chances we will see the t-34-85?

Zero, without a 1944-45 scenario.

8 hours ago, Oscar19681 said:

What are the chances we will see the t-34-85? I mean the T34-76 is just no match for the Tiger or Panther even in large numbers. That leaved the tiger and Panther in Tank crew with really no worthy opponent...

Many T34-76 killed me in a Panther. It is not that hard. It is not always possible to hide the weak side of your tank. As a german tanker we have the same problem with PzIII. Every russian tank is far superior than the PzIII. 

8 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Zero, without a 1944-45 scenario.

Why? The T-34/85 was introduced and massed produced in 1943...

41 minutes ago, Oscar19681 said:

The T-34/85 was introduced and massed produced in 1943...

No. First serie (25 tanks) made in January 1944.

1 hour ago, JG27_Steini said:

As a german tanker we have the same problem with PzIII. Every russian tank is far superior than the PzIII. 

One of the reasons, why I would love to get the M3 Lee instead of the SU 152. It would be A good opponent, and in my eyes it is a cool tank, I always loved its design.

Every russian tank is far superior than the PzIII. 

I read the book "Scheibert, Horst, Nach Stalingrad — 48 Kilometer" (russian edition), there were many mentionts about how good was long-barreled Pz-III against soviet tanks. It could destroy T-34 already at 600 m + it had better optics and far superior rate of fire. Yes, T-34 could teoretically destroy Pz-III at 1500 m, but it seems russian crews almost always had problems with aiming accuracy.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Good morning,

In his book "Tiger in the Mud", Otto Carius describes the problem of Russian tank guidance in such a way that the hatch was mostly closed. In addition - at least at the beginning of the war - there was a lack of or insufficient radio equipment. The fine tanks were discovered too late and could not be reported further. After the first and last tank of a column were shot down, panic developed.
The Israelis also noticed this panic among the Arab crews of the T-55 and T-62 tanks supplied by the Russians in previous wars. They found a number of tanks that had no bullet damage, but whose crews were dying of failure of the autonomic nervous system due to the panic of panic.

Good luck !

32 minutes ago, Lofte said:

I read the book "Scheibert, Horst, Nach Stalingrad — 48 Kilometer" (russian edition), there were many mentionts about how good was long-barreled Pz-III against soviet tanks. It could destroy T-34 already at 600 m + it had better optics and far superior rate of fire. Yes, T-34 could teoretically destroy Pz-III at 1500 m, but it seems russian crews almost always had problems with aiming accuracy.

True, but in game it is completly different. Red player are shooting very well. I have no problem with PzIII, but we need more tanks to balance the game better for online wars. I understand how hard it is to fight a Tiger in a T34. Last night i took out 5 tanks in close combat with KV and T34 with a Panther. 

True, but in game it is completly different.

Yeah. To balance and make the game more historically true needs to do:

- worsen T-34's optics (add dimness)

- worsen T-34's rate of fire (from 9 now to 4-5 rounds per minute)

- worsen T-34's aiming sensetivity and add effect of inertia

- add additional armor to Pz-III (with tracks parts)

All is MHO

Edited by Lofte

I remembered that some article mentioned T-34 has engine overheat issue in summer. it has to limit the RPM to make its speed hardly pass 30km/h.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, III/JG2Gustav05 said:

I remembered that some article mentioned T-34 has engine overheat issue in summer. it has to limit the RPM to make its speed hardly pass 30km/h.

Never heard or read about it. Yes, Т-34 and it's diesel V-2 (В-2) had low reliability, but never met info about some RPM's limits..

Edited by Lofte

It would be nice to see a t34 57, I think it fits the time frame, though not masses of the 57mm made.

Yeah, they fitted the 57mm ZiS-2 to a small number of T-34 M1943 in the summer of 1943 and tested them in combat before choosing the 85mm...

Would be a good modification for the T-34 M1943 we have already, just like the commander's cupola that is shown in the promo pictures.

Posted (edited)

I wish people would stay on subject......Tank Crew is a recreation of The Battle of Kursk, and the  fact is, HUNDREDS of T-34's where destroyed by a relative few number of German tanks before the German offensive was stopped.  I totally agree with Lofte, in that to be historically correct, the T-34 gunnery should be downgraded. I'd rather see a Battle of Kursk simulator based on historical accuracy than some aberration of World of Tanks.

Also, any variations of the playable tanks should reflect what was there during the battle. Maybe after Early Access,  we might see the devs or Modders implement some of these characteristics in the game. Degraded Russian gunnery, Panther Engine unreliability, etc. would be awesome.

Edited by manintan2016