DFLion

'Rat Catching' a single mission by DFLion

“Rat Catching” – a historical Mission by DFLion taken from Pierre Clostermann’s book ‘The Big Show’.

Kenway control was having extreme difficulty picking up the Me262 jets on the Allied radar network because of their 600mph speed. RAF Wing Commanders Lapsley and Brooker have worked out a means of intercepting these jets. The ‘Rat Code’ was born (which was soon called the ‘Bastard Code’ by the pilots).

Two pairs of Tempests were kept on a permanent state of immediate alert at Volkel. As soon as a ‘262’ crosses the Rhine towards the Allied lines – ‘scramble rat’ was ordered. The quarry being too fast for any attempt to catch it, the two Tempests would immediately scramble for Rhine/Hopsten jet fighter base ready to intercept them when they slowed down for landing.

You are sitting in your Tempest, along with your Wingman and ‘scramble rat’ came over the radio!

Good luck! Watch out for the flak.

Mission fixed Me262’s now drop their bombs.

DF_Rat_Catching.zip

Edited by DFLion
Fixed Me262's dropping their bombs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Love the concept will probably try it out tonight. Took a look at your mission and I think you forgot to trigger the attack area command for the 262s. The trigger waypoint (20747) before the attack area command should trigger the attack area command (20788). On those command MCUs you object link to WHO should be commanded, and you target link to them to determine WHEN they should be activated.

Edited by Utopioneer

Thanks 'Utopioneer' - you nailed it, all working now. I will update the post.

DFLion

Love that!

Thanks a lot