Jump to content
334th_Padre*

334th FS P-51D skinpack

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Please find a link below for a skin pack containing numerous 334th FS P-51-D skins researched and made by me, except for QP-A "Man 'o' War", whose very unique paintscheme was painted by aviation artist Michael Lynch. All aircraft in the pack, with the exception of QP-A, are available in schemes with and without invasion stripes. Numerous different paintschemes used by the 334th during their time on P-51-D's  in WW2 are represented, some with a nose band and horizontal black tail stripe, others with swept red nose band and red tail, and one has full invasion stripes where others have only half invasion stripes. Therefore there is no uniformity to the skins in this pack.

I'm not the best skinner in the world, and have not yet progressed to the stage where I am capable of altering the alpha layer, so please don't expect amazing,  but I have researched these paintschemes very extensively, so they are historically accurate.

Credit to ICDP for the P-51 template.

Contents:


QP-A - 44-14292 "Man 'o' War" - Lt Col Claiborn H Kinnard
QP-B - 44-13984 - "Meg" - Lt Clarence L Boretsky
QP-D - 44-73155 - "My Achin Back" - Lt. Philo Burney
QP-F - 44-13306 - (assigned pilot unknown)
QP-G - 44-13884 - Capt. David W Howe
QP-H - 44-15326 - "Sizzlin Liz" - Maj. Gerald E Montgomery
QP-I - 44-13615 - Lt Preston Hardy
QP-J - (already in stock skins)
QP-K - 44-72063 - "Lil Aggie" - Lt Michael J Kennedy
QP-L - 44-13314 - "Salem Representative" - Lt Ralph "Kidd Hofer
QP-M - 44-15324 - Capt Victor R Rentschler
QP-N - 44-14436 - Lt William O Antonides
QP-O - 44-73108 - "Red Dog XII" - Maj Louis H "Red Dog" Norley
QP-P - 44-72327 - (assigned pilot unknown)

QP-Q - 44-14142 - Lt Jerome E Jahnke
QP-R - 44-14110 - "Georgie" - Lt Kenneth G Helfrecht
QP-S - 44-63223 - "Sweet Arlene" - Lt Arthur Bowers
QP-T - 44-63583 - "Helen" - Lt Edward J Wozniac
QP-U - 44-73304 - "Blondie" - Lt Marvin Arthur
QP-VV - 44-14332 - "Lazy Daisy" - Lt Raymond A Dyer
QP-W - 44-14322 - "The Count" - Lt Ralph "Buck" Buchanan
QP-X - 44-11661 - "Iron Ass" - Lt.Col Jack J Oberhansley
QP-Y - 44-14281 - Capt William B Smith
QP-Z - 44-13352 - Capt Joseph Lang

Historical references:

The Official Site of the 4th Fighter Group - World War II
http://www.4thfightergroupassociation.org/
Little Friends
http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/4th-fighter-group/
American Air Museum in Britain
http://www.americanairmuseum.com/unit/881

 

One note about QP-L "Salem Representative" ..
Historical records indicate that although Ralph "Kidd" Hofer was killed while flying P-51B 43-6746, coded QP-X, he had at that time been allocated P-51D QP-L, serial 44-13314. As such the aircraft is included in this pack and his personal nose-art is on the aircraft, in the same position as it was on his personally assigned P-51B serial 43-6946 QP-L "Salem Representative"
.

Download:
This file is a self extracting archive file (SFX) created with 7zip. To install, simply click the exe and point the installer to your main game folder (click the box with the 3 dots to browse for your installation folder  - "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad" for Steam users, or "IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles" for standalone version) and it will extract to the correct folders in your game .  
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9tT0XEMibffn6b2b03X8uVoEk?e=X0d5pA

         

QP-A.jpg

QP-S.jpg

QP-T.jpg

QP-U.jpg

Edited by 334th_Padre*
typos
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not a big fan of the Mustang BUT I am a big fan of self extracting downloads. 

 

Thanks for your work

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 1:25 PM, 334th_Padre* said:

Hi all,

Please find a link below for a skin pack containing numerous 334th FS P-51-D skins researched and made by me, except for QP-A "Man 'o' War", whose very unique paintscheme was painted by aviation artist Michael Lynch. All aircraft in the pack, with the exception of QP-A, are available in schemes with and without invasion stripes. Numerous different paintschemes used by the 334th during their time on P-51-D's  in WW2 are represented, some with a nose band and horizontal black tail stripe, others with swept red nose band and red tail, and one has full invasion stripes where others have only half invasion stripes. Therefore there is no uniformity to the skins in this pack.

I'm not the best skinner in the world, and have not yet progressed to the stage where I am capable of altering the alpha layer, so please don't expect amazing,  but I have researched these paintschemes very extensively, so they are historically accurate.

Credit to ICDP for the P-51 template.

Contents:


QP-A - 44-14292 "Man 'o' War" - Lt Col Claiborn H Kinnard
QP-B - 44-13984 - "Meg" - Lt Clarence L Boretsky
QP-D - 44-73155 - "My Achin Back" - Lt. Philo Burney
QP-F - 44-13306 - (assigned pilot unknown)
QP-G - 44-13884 - Capt. David W Howe
QP-H - 44-15326 - "Sizzlin Liz" - Maj. Gerald E Montgomery
QP-I - 44-13615 - Lt Preston Hardy
QP-J - (already in stock skins)
QP-K - 44-72063 - "Lil Aggie" - Lt Michael J Kennedy
QP-L - 44-13314 - "Salem Representative" - Lt Ralph "Kidd Hofer
QP-M - 44-15324 - Capt Victor R Rentschler
QP-N - 44-14436 - Lt William O Antonides
QP-O - 44-73108 - "Red Dog XII" - Maj Louis H "Red Dog" Norley
QP-P - 44-72327 - (assigned pilot unknown)

QP-Q - 44-14142 - Lt Jerome E Jahnke
QP-R - 44-14110 - "Georgie" - Lt Kenneth G Helfrecht
QP-S - 44-63223 - "Sweet Arlene" - Lt Arthur Bowers
QP-T - 44-63583 - "Helen" - Lt Edward J Wozniac
QP-U - 44-73304 - "Blondie" - Lt Marvin Arthur
QP-VV - 44-14332 - "Lazy Daisy" - Lt Raymond A Dyer
QP-W - 44-14322 - "The Count" - Lt Ralph "Buck" Buchanan
QP-X - 44-11661 - "Iron Ass" - Lt.Col Jack J Oberhansley
QP-Y - 44-14281 - Capt William B Smith
QP-Z - 44-13352 - Capt Joseph Lang

Historical references:

The Official Site of the 4th Fighter Group - World War II
http://www.4thfightergroupassociation.org/
Little Friends
http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/4th-fighter-group/
American Air Museum in Britain
http://www.americanairmuseum.com/unit/881

 

One note about QP-L "Salem Representative" ..
Historical records indicate that although Ralph "Kidd" Hofer was killed while flying P-51B 43-6746, coded QP-X, he had at that time been allocated P-51D QP-L, serial 44-13314. As such the aircraft is included in this pack and his personal nose-art is on the aircraft, in the same position as it was on his personally assigned P-51B serial 43-6946 QP-L "Salem Representative"
.

Download:
This file is a self extracting archive file (SFX) created with 7zip. To install, simply click the exe and point the installer to your main game folder (click the box with the 3 dots to browse for your installation folder  - "IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad" for Steam users, or "IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles" for standalone version) and it will extract to the correct folders in your game .  
https://1drv.ms/u/s!An9tT0XEMibffn6b2b03X8uVoEk?e=X0d5pA

         

QP-A.jpg

QP-S.jpg

QP-T.jpg

QP-U.jpg

Hi, its possible send as simple zip? no exe? thanks. how much skins are in? of 4thFG? the names up? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you right click on the exe file you should be able to manually extract the files.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/1/2020 at 2:33 PM, -EAGLE-Shifter said:

Hi, its possible send as simple zip? no exe? thanks. how much skins are in? of 4thFG? the names up? Thanks


It's only 334th skins, no 335, no 336. List of aircraft is there.
Right click exe and extract in normal way.

Edited by 334th_Padre*
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, 334th_Padre* said:


It's only 334th skins, no 335, no 336. List of aircraft is there.
Right click exe and extract in normal way.

Thanks i see it, excelent work.

Thank you.

 

I'm planning a trip to Debden in May:)

 

 

87973673_2862093660545163_8763163774237540352_n.jpg

87819989_581100805952143_4576593318120521728_n.jpg

87894260_2852439414801654_3183262874545946624_n.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 11:38 AM, -EAGLE-Shifter said:

Thanks i see it, excelent work.

Thank you.

 

I'm planning a trip to Debden in May:)


Thanks @-EAGLE-Shifter

Nice uniforms and jacket you have there.

 

I've been to Debden by myself and once with squadron members, but it's worth knowing it is still MOD property housing British Army units.
Access is restricted.

Having said that, it's pretty much in it's wartime condition, minus the Hangars and Control Tower. The runways and hardstands still exist, but are overgrown.
This is a photo of our squadron visit to lay a wreath at the memorial. We went there a day after one of the Duxford air shows.

DSC07920a.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...