Sign in to follow this  
602EAF_Puff

Possible bug report?

Hi folks..can anyone else replicate what I'm seeing in game....I take the t34/76 and set up a quick mission using the Rhine map in winter. Driving along in the snow, the tank cannot get out of first gear, RPM is to low to allow this, meaning you can only get about 7 km/hr for her.

Drivers would be able to keep the rpm high enough to allow the engagement of second or even third gear in snow { T34 was designed to be used in harsh conditions }

Is this a bug or is it what the developers wanted? Hope someone can help out :)

I can't replicate this but I have had many similar random things like this happen. What I do is change something in the key mapping file usually something that has multiple key assignments or even sometimes alternate key presses for the same function. Then I restart the game. That usually gets things working again. I thought it was just me lol.

Well it happened to me in planes 3-4 times by now; after playing some time, then  respawning, my RPM lever suddenly does not work any more. I have to close game, then to start all over again, and come back to server, if there is a free slot...

I saw somewhere that it might be because of several updates, and that game files are corrupt; I suppose to backup, uninstall, then again install game. But I am too lazy to try it.

Do you have warmed up engine selected in the realism settings? If not then you need to let it warm up first.

Sorry I did not notice this bug but I have another one quite different with the KV1S, when I am commanding a tank with the autopilot activated and finding that my gunner is not doing what I ask him to do, I take his place to fire and when I come back to my post I find myself stuck against the rear machine gun and impossible to regain the normal sight of the tank commander unless I take out the gunner/radio which is in the box at the front left.I have this problem on any map and any season, whether it's on fast, normal or multiplayer missions.

Has anyone encountered this problem?

In pictures to make it more explicit:

(Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version))

2062673260_BUGKV1Simage1.thumb.jpg.a4b749d64db2cb05eb257b410db3d16a.jpg

View tank commander

1534516555_BUGKV1Simage2.thumb.jpg.2597f67df4c05fceeaf728d42162a627.jpg

seen when I return from gunnery to tank commander.

133609972_BUGKV1Simage3.thumb.jpg.45aac28253c19b87f61d6f112a1def12.jpg

View when I press the T key to leave the rear machine gun

433632577_BUGKV1Simage4.thumb.jpg.c10499e0ea285b50cd19c86decca258a.jpg

I have to take out the front left gunner/radio gunner to get the first view of the tank commander.

I would like to point out that I only encountered this problem on the KV1S in Tank Master and Driver Activated Autopilot mode.

Edited by Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia

Yes, I have the same experience with the KV.

I find when I repeatedly hit:  "Lshift + T",  I regain the forward looking Commander view port.  However, the first and second Lshift + T moves me to rear located view ports and when I do get to the position indicated in your third picture, I have to Hit "T" again to free up my Track IR in order to raise myself up to actually see out of the front view port. The whole set up seems very counterintuitive and convoluted.

It's my opinion that the KV commaders position needs more work from the dev's.  It's a difficult position to operate from if you're trying to command the tank.  I have a hard time getting a 360 degree view from the view ports.  It takes a lot of head movement to try to see out of the view ports that are not directly in front.  It would be much easier if the distance from the commanders head and the actual view ports were closer like in the Panther.

I sense that part of the problem with the commander getting stuck with the rear gun position has to do with the Key Bindings related to firing positions.  It appears the game assumes that the player is switching firing positions instead of crew positions.  In the KV, the commander is suppose to use the rear gun (I think).  At any rate,  I may be alone in this, but think it would be an improvement if there was a Key Binding that switched the player to the Commander position.  It would ease the game play and relieve the player from having to cycle through all the crew positions when he only wishes to assume command of the tank.

It reassures me that I'm not the only one to encounter this problem with the KV1S, it gives me hope that what looks like a bug is fixed.
 I have the same conclusion as you about the fact that the leader's head is too far away from the windows which does not make it easier to follow the battlefield and slows down the reaction time, I do not know if it was like that in reality!
I still keep in mind that TC is still in early access and that this module full of promises will still evolve.
Is there a way to bring the problems to the developers or even to a TC beta tester?
The ideal to simulate would be to have 4 humans in the same tank crew even if there is a major problem it's the language barrier, I'm terrible in English and incompetent in German and Russian...;-(

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Have you tried to leave the gunsight view, before changing the position from gunner to commander? It might help you not to get stuck in the commander's 'gunsight view'.

The distance of the commander's head to the windows in the cuppola can be adjusted by using the zoom function and fix it with F10. Zoom the windows closer to the camera position and save this. When I start using a new aircraft or tank, I go through all positions, zoom in, until it looks to me as if I was sitting in this crate and save this with F10. Then I never use zoom again.

Posted (edited)

Thank you YogiFlight for the information. I found how to get out of my bug, you have to do 3 times left Shift + T to get back the normal view of the tank leader.
Thank you guys for your answers always relevant and helpful.

Edited by Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia

6 hours ago, Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia said:

Is there a way to bring the problems to the developers or even to a TC beta tester?

Maybe.  There is a thread to gather suggestions. Don't know how effective it is, but I did submit a short one regarding the Cupola which you may wish endorse: