PatrickAWlson

PWCG for Flying Circus

@J2_SteveF I think @PatrickAWlson resolved the FC mission object problem a couple of versions back.

FWIW - I also only play in VR, which is why I was really happy to see FC - what an amazing VR experience it is in these WWI aircraft.  For me, taking off the headset between missions isn't really a bad thing, I just view it like removing flight goggles and climbing out of the cockpit to go chat with the intel officer for a mission debrief. 

As a SP, I really like having a full campaign to keep some "purpose" to my flying and for WWI VR, PWCG is the only game in town right now.  Plus, even with having to remove the headset, I honestly prefer it with all the enhancements Pat has provided lately that provide real depth to what has become a dynamic "squadron simulation" experience as well as the pilot career.

That said, I agree that it would be nice if it could be accessed directly in game like RoF.  I also hope for Vol II with a Career Mode, I still fly both Career and PWCG in BoX, and I think it would pull in more SP sales.  I keep posting here because I just hate to see people turn away from FC right now when PWCG will give many exactly what they want, and maybe even better.

• Upvote 1

On 6/7/2020 at 1:37 PM, the_dudeWG said:

I didn’t think of that, but these images were from January missions. I just started a new campaign in August and everything looks normal. If this is the case, I’m definitely not a fan, especially the ground trail effect. If the rest of the map looked Wintery, it might be OK. 

I'll look at the map and make sure that I am using something that is actually there.  I might have accidentally asked for winter terrain that does not exist.

• Thanks 1

Hello Pat! I have used the campaign generator for Bodenplatte and I think its awesome. Thank you!

I went ahead and picked up FC and PWCGFC 9.2. I'm attempting to create a campaign and it is failing. Let me know if this is user error or something.

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Posted (edited)

I have the same, the Russian ladies are missing from the installation folder. Manually copying from the PWGCBoS folder does not fix this ..

PWGFC_9.2.0 error.jpg

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Edited by jollyjack

I went ahead and created a first names text file for Russian females and added some female names and it works. I think Pat just forgot to add a file.

• Thanks 1

Pat, after flying a couple dozen missions I've sort of noticed a pattern that wasn't there in PWCG for RoF. It seems like every different squad's mission begins at the same time (friendly or enemy), so there is literally no contact until everyone reaches the mud or shortly afterward. In PWCG for RoF, I remember seeing squads that appeared to be RTB as my flight was just heading out, and EA could be airborne and above friendly territory at any point during the mission. Here, it just feels like an NFL kickoff on a 100km field. Am I totaly wrong about that? Thanks,

• Upvote 1

So I recently bought FC during the summer sale and was delighted to see PWCG is now available for it. I installed it and loaded up a new campaign, but when I generate one, it throws up an error and wont let me start. Here's the error log:

The first error was : java.io.FileNotFoundException: E:\Games\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\PWCGFC\FCData\User\PlanesOwned.config (The system cannot find the file specified)

Now it only gives this: pwcg.core.exception.PWCGIOException: E:\Games\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\PWCGFC\FCData\Names\FirstNamesRussiaFemale.txt (The system cannot find the file specified)

I'd really love to some some single player stuff as the servers aren't always populated so any help is appreciated.