PatrickAWlson

PWCG for Flying Circus

6 hours ago, nickj123 said:

Thanks for trying, Patrick. Are there any files I can modify to reset it - could you send me the campaign that you were able to advance?

Also, what version of Java are you running?

I'll just post the campaign

• Upvote 1

Quick question, I'm running a Bristol campaign, a scrub, and we got an attack mission, that required bombs, however, none of he planes had bombs when we took off. I was able to determien that while the ammunition payload was set to "2: 0-VickersMk1-AP-973 + Cooper 24lbs - 12, the aircraft mods had been set to 0000000. I think I ws able to fix it by going in and manually adding the bombs modification to my flight in the editor, but, like an idiot, I didn't think to save a copy of the mission without the error.

This is using the FC 8.3.0 PWCG, and Il-2 version 4.005d. Is this something that's been found and fixed in a later version? If not, is there anything I can pull from my data set to help you diagnose it?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

20 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Quick question, I'm running a Bristol campaign, a scrub, and we got an attack mission, that required bombs, however, none of he planes had bombs when we took off. I was able to determien that while the ammunition payload was set to "2: 0-VickersMk1-AP-973 + Cooper 24lbs - 12, the aircraft mods had been set to 0000000. I think I ws able to fix it by going in and manually adding the bombs modification to my flight in the editor, but, like an idiot, I didn't think to save a copy of the mission without the error.

This is using the FC 8.3.0 PWCG, and Il-2 version 4.005d. Is this something that's been found and fixed in a later version? If not, is there anything I can pull from my data set to help you diagnose it?

Thank you,

Harry Voyager

Acknowledged.  I have to revisit the payloads of a couple of planes.  

Been dropping new releases every four or five days.  Up to 8.6, which has some good stuff for FC.  The improved briefings and coop control should help and the shorter mission lengths are probably even more important for WWI than WWII

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks Patrick, I do hope one day,  @AnKor    can implement this PwCG into BoX like what he did in RoF. 

And a bit of very minor little criticism, your layout is not the strongest point of PWCG. I know at the RoF period I did change all the backgrounds into a RoF look so it give you the idea if PWCG was integrated as a part of RoF. 

Edited by Dutch2

When I finish all the screens and want to generate the mission, I get an error telling me there is no definition found for request country RUSSIA (see attachments). Which kinda makes sense, since the map isn't Russian. Where do I change this?

pwcg_error.JPG

PWCGErrorLog.txt

12 hours ago, bassow said:

When I finish all the screens and want to generate the mission, I get an error telling me there is no definition found for request country RUSSIA (see attachments). Which kinda makes sense, since the map isn't Russian. Where do I change this?

pwcg_error.JPG

PWCGErrorLog.txt 4.07 kB · 0 downloads

Its an bug in 8.7.1, already been published by others so that will be fixed. Same as the “ undefined objects” popup during gameplay and freezes your game. 

I'm getting the following message on attempting download of PWCG for FC:

Not Found

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

8.7.1 had a game breaking bug for FC.  I pulled it.  Fixed and replaced with 8.7.2.  

PWCG 8.7.2
Added capability for themed desktops
- Russia Theme (Riksen)
- RAF Theme (Riksen)
- Luftwaffe theme (Me from Riksen)
- PWCG will automatically use the correct theme by armed service
- Capability for more.
Bugs:
Fixed error that prevented FC missions from generating properly
- verified that bomb payload on Bristol works properly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Quick question for you Pat, I've been trying to manually add a medal to one of my pilots for a coop campaign I'm running, but I can't seem to get the name right. It's the Black Wound Badge, would you be able to provide the exact name I'd have to put in the pilot's file for it to work?

Edited by logyboy77

hello 

what is the last PWCG version for ROF ?

is it abandoned ? since FC ?

i prefer ROF over FC ... more planes more period..

thanks

I have downloaded 8.7.2, but on the second mission with the new version I got 'Object Undefined' errors that froze the game on two attempts (the first attempt froze the whole computer).

I have attached the mission files if that helps.

The object error occurs at the northern most point of the patrol route on the Entente side of the mud.

object error.zip

Still not been fixed, its btw an old fault if doing a search here at the PWCG section, maybe it can not be fixed. 

13 hours ago, JG1_Jaus said:

The object error occurs at the northern most point of the patrol route on the Entente side of the mud.

6 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Still not been fixed,

Pat just created a new Bugs thread in the main PWCG forum, so you should probably post this there also including the "report bug" zip file.  I have had this error too, but I haven't been playing FC Campaign recently (waiting for the new DM evaluation to be completed by the Devs), so I can't report it with a file for Pat to review right now.

7 hours ago, Varibraun said:

Pat just created a new Bugs thread in the main PWCG forum, so you should probably post this there also including the "report bug" zip file.  I have had this error too, but I haven't been playing FC Campaign recently (waiting for the new DM evaluation to be completed by the Devs), so I can't report it with a file for Pat to review right now.

He already know’s 

Posted (edited)

(Deleted)

Moved to PWCG issues thread......

Edited by JG1_Jaus
moved

On 4/29/2020 at 6:11 AM, liaxelotliaxelot said:

hello 

what is the last PWCG version for ROF ?

is it abandoned ? since FC ?

i prefer ROF over FC ... more planes more period..

thanks

I have not worked on RoF for a couple of years.  BoS and RoF have diverged too much for any form of backwards compatibility.  

You can get the last version of PWCG for  RoF here:

http://www.pwcampaignmanager.com/pwcg/web/PWCGRoF.php

On 4/27/2020 at 11:43 PM, logyboy77 said:

Quick question for you Pat, I've been trying to manually add a medal to one of my pilots for a coop campaign I'm running, but I can't seem to get the name right. It's the Black Wound Badge, would you be able to provide the exact name I'd have to put in the pilot's file for it to work?

"Wound Badge(Black)"

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 5:52 AM, liaxelotliaxelot said:

thanks for answer pat....

so i have to wait for better FC

more plane, specialy french

For what it's worth there is a French unit in PWCG for FC.  I also added French units to WII ... Normandie Niemann on the eastern front and a Free French RAF squadron in the west.

• Like 1

yes   thanks  ...it is not your fault

i say more plane   in the  game   FC

only the spad 13   a good  plane probably the best french fighter of ww1

but he is  alone !!! in  the game

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2020 at 4:56 PM, liaxelotliaxelot said:

yes   thanks  ...it is not your fault

i say more plane   in the  game   FC

only the spad 13   a good  plane probably the best french fighter of ww1

but he is  alone !!! in  the game

Yeah, but in the time period pretty much every escadrille flew it.  The French were pretty good about not going nuts with different types in service.  Early on pretty much every escadrille flew the Nieuport 11 and 17.  Once the SPAD VII hit the scene it really took over.  There were some Nieuport units still flying the 24 and 27 but they were a minority.  By late 1917 there was hardly a Nieuport to be seen.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

Is there a way to change squadron aircraft during a campaign?  I am in a German campaign and have been flying Pfalz's for months (Jasta 10) despite the equipment depot showing all Alabatros.

Simply put I am struggling with the install

I have updated Java

i am running through steam

i have tried installing in two places 

first error is installed to wrong file

With next install I get to the mission fly screen but after a while it jumps back to roster screen 

So I simply need to know what file to install into and where am I going wrong and us there anything else I need to  change

dues PWCG start from its own application or should it be started by the main Il2 In game set up screens like with Rise of Flight or the Kaiserslacht FC mini campaign

lots of questions but simply seeking some idiot proof answers ‘

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, pennardPetervicar said:

Simply put I am struggling with the install

I have updated Java

i am running through steam

i have tried installing in two places 

first error is installed to wrong file

With next install I get to the mission fly screen but after a while it jumps back to roster screen 

So I simply need to know what file to install into and where am I going wrong and us there anything else I need to  change

dues PWCG start from its own application or should it be started by the main Il2 In game set up screens like with Rise of Flight or the Kaiserslacht FC mini campaign

lots of questions but simply seeking some idiot proof answers ‘

Install video
(steam version is exactly same , just need to locate the game location for steam version and  it's normally)

this folder (normally on C drive , but mine is on D drive)

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad

Spoiler

Steam installs to the following folder by default:

C:\Program Files\Steam

Files for games installed on Steam are stored in the following folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\

During the installation of Steam, you have the option to install Steam to a location other than the default. Since Steam relies on the game files residing in the SteamApps folder, your game files will go to whatever folder you have Steam installed in. The game files must be in the SteamApps folder in order to function.

(from the game properties page  in steam on "Local Files" tab you can click "browse local files" button to find your location)

image.png.a6f2ff71606167c5b100ae70e5f70ddf.png

All related PWCG videos from author here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVUdk7Y4k0_1fmTvAeFltLQ

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

I have downloaded Java which sits in my C file

I have extracted PWCG to the file steam apps/ Common/ BOS I click on the icon to start the program

I create campaign etc and commence a mission it says creating mission in a small Java window and then jumps back to the mission and window

I click on Combat report and an error message tells me that PWCG was unable to find a log file for the mission.

I know I nearly have it sorted but not quite!

Also where do the BOS skins download to....

Apologies for stupidity its been a hard day

Not too long ago I made PWCG create the binary file.  That is the little window that you see.  It takes a couple of minutes but let it finish.  Then the mission is available to play.

Make sure that log files are enabled in your startup.cfg.  Without that the game will not produce log files.

Enter the game and go to "Missions".  Your mission, identifiable by campaign name and campaign date, should be there.

Fly the mission.  

While the mission was running it will have created a series of text log files.

Go back to PWCG and press "Combat Report".  PWCG will match the log file sets to the latest mission to produce an AAR.   

Got that sorted I think

Interestingly when trying to open a downloaded BOS PWCG I got the message I downloaded java script even though I had downloaded in for FC PWCG

Also with the BOS skin pack..which folder do they go into?

Starting to get back into this modding after many years absent from Sims

Thanks for the help

PWCG 9.0.0 Beta Available at PWCG Download Site. 

I flew three test missions: one on my campaign, one Il2 attack mission, and one FC Pfalz mnission.  No issues.  

The beta installs to a different directory so it can live side by side with 8.1.1.  8.1.1 campaigns are usable so if you want you can just copy them in.

It looks a lot like PWCG does today, but under the hood it is much more solid.  The premise of creating the ground activity and then adding air on top of it is just more straight forward and more viable.  The main difference that you may notice is that enemy bombers and ground attack missions will go after real targets and not the single AA gun placebos that they used to.

Give it a go and let me know what you think.

PWCG Videos Here

The videos are really short.  

To enable text log files 

mission_text_log = 1
in <il2 install>\data\startup.cfg

open it in a text editor, search for "mission_text_log", and set the value to 1.

That "creating binary mission file" takes a very long time. Up to 2 minutes here.
In your version 7 it didn't create this file and the mission loaded very fast in game.
Can you go back to this if possible?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 127Tom said:

That "creating binary mission file" takes a very long time. Up to 2 minutes here.
In your version 7 it didn't create this file and the mission loaded very fast in game.
Can you go back to this if possible?

Open the configuration settings and user preferences. Set build binary mission file to 0.

Edited by Trotsky
  • Upvote 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:26 AM, Trotsky said:

Open the configuration settings and user preferences. Set build binary mission file to 0.

What's the consequence of not building a binary mission? Thanks.

Pat,

I've been getting strange white textures (buildings and ground trails) in PWCG. It only happens with PWCG (I'm using 9.0.0, but this has been going on for me long before the past few updates). Thanks.

964144835_Il-22020-01-2800-36-22-69.thumb.jpg.05ceea0979fdf96dc780b41e68224738.jpg31038138_Il-22020-06-0412-31-28-97.thumb.jpg.7188d337585fb30c2bebffd6a3504228.jpg

11 hours ago, the_dudeWG said:

What's the consequence of not building a binary mission? Thanks.

Pat,

I've been getting strange white textures (buildings and ground trails) in PWCG. It only happens with PWCG (I'm using 9.0.0, but this has been going on for me long before the past few updates). Thanks.

964144835_Il-22020-01-2800-36-22-69.thumb.jpg.05ceea0979fdf96dc780b41e68224738.jpg31038138_Il-22020-06-0412-31-28-97.thumb.jpg.7188d337585fb30c2bebffd6a3504228.jpg

Looks like the Winter version of textures?

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 12:35 AM, migmadmarine said:
On 6/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, the_dudeWG said:

Looks like the Winter version of textures?

I didn’t think of that, but these images were from January missions. I just started a new campaign in August and everything looks normal. If this is the case, I’m definitely not a fan, especially the ground trail effect. If the rest of the map looked Wintery, it might be OK. 

Edited by the_dudeWG

Yea, I think that is the result of PWCG auto-selecting winter assets during winter months, but them looking out of place because there are no winter textures to use for the landscape they look out of place. 

• Thanks 1