D-Box Support

BB36

Like others in this Motion Simulators forum, I too am a Sim Racer and my rig works well for flight simulators, with removable steering wheel, plus I have interchangeable aluminium plates to switch out my (future) VirPil flight stick for the gear shifter and handbrake.

D-Box provided motion support for the original IL-2 Sturmovik : Cliffs Of Dover and IL-2 Sturmovik 1946.

Has D-Box contacted 1CGS about support for the current series of games, and if so, is D-Box support on the roadmap?

Note: I've requested D-Box to contact you, but I have no idea if they listen to their user base.

FTS-Rig-DSC05632-02-Apr2018.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

I have an email from D-box last year saying they already added support.

Jason

Thanks for the reply.  If so then D-Box has yet to release current IL-2 motion codes to the public, so there could be some misunderstanding on D-Box 's part.

D-Box supports below:

1. IL-2 Sturmovik : Cliffs Of Dover (v1.0.5949, 11/23/2012)
  2. IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 ( v1.1.5324, 02/07/2012)

Thus D-Box is right that they already support IL-2 Sturmovik, however they may not realise they only support the old titles and not the current version of the game.

That is a real nice Looking motion rig. I use a platform mover aswell, which is optimized like yours for sim racing, I use FREX Hyperaxis 100mm actuators and I can say that 100mm in movement is great for sim racing but not for warbird style flying. The motion is enough also for flying airliners or normal General Aviation stuff without aerobatics. Flying aerobatics or dog fights with large bank and pitch angles feel weird in my Motion rig, because the movement of my actuators are too much limited.

How many mm or inches do your D-Box actuators travel? I hope you get the Motion support for IL-2 Great Battles for D-Box and can provide some Feedback how it feels with YOUR rig when you fly aerobatics, or just large pitch and bank angles.

Seeing that you also use the Buttkicker Advance, I have the same one, also mounted on the same spot on my bucket seat and using the new Sim Shaking Software of Andre for IL-2 Great Battles adds a whole lot of Immersion. I recommend you to buy the Sim Shaking Software of Andre, you will love it, but maybe you have it already!?

Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2020 at 5:46 AM, spitfirejoe said:

That is a real nice Looking motion rig. I use a platform mover aswell, which is optimized like yours for sim racing, I use FREX Hyperaxis 100mm actuators and I can say that 100mm in movement is great for sim racing but not for warbird style flying. The motion is enough also for flying airliners or normal General Aviation stuff without aerobatics. Flying aerobatics or dog fights with large bank and pitch angles feel weird in my Motion rig, because the movement of my actuators are too much limited.

How many mm or inches do your D-Box actuators travel? I hope you get the Motion support for IL-2 Great Battles for D-Box and can provide some Feedback how it feels with YOUR rig when you fly aerobatics, or just large pitch and bank angles.

Seeing that you also use the Buttkicker Advance, I have the same one, also mounted on the same spot on my bucket seat and using the new Sim Shaking Software of Andre for IL-2 Great Battles adds a whole lot of Immersion. I recommend you to buy the Sim Shaking Software of Andre, you will love it, but maybe you have it already!?

Good Luck.

My D-Box has 1.5" actuators, which is awesome for sim racing, but utterly underwhelming for all flight sims.  If only for flight sims, I wouldn't recommend D-Box at all as it caps out at 6" and I don't think that is enough for flight sims...

I use SimXperience's SimVibe software to drive my Buttkickers, but that has very poor support for flight sims.   You now have me intrigued about Sim Shaking Software by Andre.  What is the link to that as I can only find SimRacingStudio?

Thanks

spitfirejoe

Yes I think that is not too great with such limited actuator travel, to use for flight sims, same as my Hyperaxis.

For your Buttkickers and IL-2 you better buy the Software of Andre. Read this thread and you will find all answers.