J5_Baeumer

Bloody April X - Flying Circus Edition

Bloody April X Campaign - Flying Circus Edition - Register Today!  

78 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you plan on flying in this years event?

• Yes! Enlist me today!
    • I won't be flying but I'll buy war bonds from the home front.
  2. 2. What side do you prefer to fly? (side assignements cannot be guaranteed although we try to meet everyones preferences; historical units will be kept together)

• No preference - put me where you need me.
    • Entente
    • Central

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, J99_Himmelhund said:

Sorry!

I left the game last evening before it really started.

The mess in Discord made me totally nervous. A feature was active that read text messages aloud while other participants were speaking. I find it difficult to follow a conversation in English. And now this mess!

Then I was also separated from the other J99 participants. I didn't understand what I had to do, what to do. I could have asked my comrades, but that didn't work anymore.

I had been looking forward to the tournament in advance. But I can't have fun in these conditions. I will therefore no longer participate in this tournament.

Salute!

In your user settings;

image.png.a018a5ef330e43f635aa3d98e2e128be.png

https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/212517297-Text-to-Speech-101

Edited by Oliver88

On 4/5/2020 at 12:04 PM, 56RAF_Talisman said:

Me too.  Hate discord and won't use it.  I was on TS3, but it was not fair for the rest of my squad so I am bowing out now.  TS3 is so much better with all the different whisper channels available.  Discord is data mining and has an infantile interface set up for kids.

Good luck to everyone and hope you have a good time for the rest of the campaign.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

I agree with you in all what you said, I don't like discord either (the interface is a mess, too much information everywhere, tries to be a jack-of-all-trades without being best at anything). Unfortunately, J5 TS isn't able to support all players at once, so that's why we ended up being on discord. Last but not least, the whisper capacity and other things aren't relevant in BA, because you're not allowed by rules to talk with players outside your package, anyway, so give it another try. The BA experience far surpasses the "discord hassle", trust me. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Red team, are we still doing the pilot signing thing every week until Wednesdays? It seems that our file doesn't have an entry for next weekend (and tomorrow is Wednesday). 

Or the same tab marked as "04/04" is to be used for every session?

Thanks

8 minutes ago, jokerBR said:

Red team, are we still doing the pilot signing thing every week until Wednesdays? It seems that our file doesn't have an entry for next weekend (and tomorrow is Wednesday). 

Or the same tab marked as "04/04" is to be used for every session?

Thanks

No BA this weekend Joker.  Easter.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J5_Gamecock said:

No BA this weekend Joker.  Easter.

That's what happens when you're confined and live alone. Completely forgot. 😆
Happy Easter to everyone.

Edited by jokerBR
  • Haha 1

See Notice to Participants in first thread -

Is it possible to join? I would like to participate in the mission scheduled to April 18th...

Yes, just start on the first post of the thread and follow instructions (download and read rules, register on J5 forum so you can sign up for the mission and read your teams planning materials etc.).   Entente or Central preference? 

S!

Just a note for the participants to sign up for the Saturday's missions. We will be flying Week 2 missions (Dusk and Dawn) this Saturday.

The sign up sheet is ready for the Red Team. It is the same document you used two weeks ago. The faster you will sign up, the more time will the HQ have for the mission planning.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Ok, I'll download the rulez and sign up to the forum. I hope to do this today (I'm working now). 

PS.: I have not preference between Entente or Central.

Edited by LeNobleItalien

Call to Arms!  see updated Notices in the original post of the thread.

Posted (edited)

Yesterday, I created my profile on J5 forum but I didnt receive yet confirmation. Is it normal?

Maybe I could fly next mission with you.

Edited by LeNobleItalien

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LeNobleItalien said:

Yesterday, I created my profile on J5 forum but I didnt receive yet confirmation. Is it normal?

Maybe I could fly next mission with you.

Sorry for the delay. This will be taken care of today. Welcome to the Event. Do you need any assistance in getting registered for the Bloody April Event?

Edited by J5_Sturm
added info

Dont worry Sturm and thanks for your reply.

I’ll read the forum and I’ll try to understand rules. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, LeNobleItalien said:

Dont worry Sturm and thanks for your reply.

I’ll read the forum and I’ll try to understand rules. 

Thanks

We have you registered now, are you flying Central or Entente?

On 4/14/2020 at 5:35 AM, LeNobleItalien said:

PS.: I have not preference between Entente or Central.

Very well, You can fly for Central.

WEATHER FORECAST STATION LFAQ (EPINOY) Dusk

Wind:  03 KNTS (1.5 m/s) from 310

Clouds:  Scattered at 1550m (~5100ft)

Turbulence: Light Chop

Temperature:  14C

Pressure:  749mmHg

NOTAM:  The mission starts immediately!  No warm-up period!

WEATHER FORECAST STATION LFAQ (EPINOY) Dawn

Wind:  01 KNTS (0.5 m/s) from 340

Clouds:  Few at 300m (~1000ft)

Turbulence:  None

Temperature:  6C

Dewpoint:  4C

Precipitation:  Baby Rain (Light Fog)

Pressure:  756mmHg

NOTAM:  The mission starts immediately!  No warm-up period!

Notice To Pilots Updated including current week and to date results and upcoming guidance/clarification notice.

• Upvote 1

Important rules guidance and clarifications.  See original post Notice to Pilots.

Just a kind reminder that we are going to fly the Week 3 on this Saturday!

The pilots are asked to report to their Commanders and sign for the missions.

Right now, there is a 1:1 draw between the Entente and the Central Powers.

S!

• Upvote 2

Scores Posted.  See page 1 original post of thread under Notices.

• Upvote 2

S!

Tomorrow we will fly the last two missions in the Bloody April campaign. The pilots are asked to report to their CO's and sign in for the missions. It will be very helpful because the CO's will know how many of you will be able to fly and how to create a mission stategy.

Good luck, everyone!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I would like to thank all BAX participants and organisers for the event. I hope Jason and 777 recived new facts about community and understand  that all common and possible bugs at FC have to be fixed as soon as possible. Funs need to have more FC planes to make the game it more intresting and various.

... comes to the homeport.

77ae8ece84de3406e29e147c6d32b01d.jpg

Edited by Adler_Blau
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

S!

I would like to thank Jasta 5 for keeping this great even going on through the last 10 years, especially Baeumer and Matthias. Without your server upkeep (and $$$ spent on hosting) we would not have BA or daily Flugpark missions. Finally, the Bloody April keeps the community together and brings new faces to the multiplayer and organised events.

Secondly, I would like to thank Adler for his leadership for the Red Team. While perhaps I was more visible on the Discord, giving orders, Adler was responsible for the general strategy, planning and creating 'sign in' sheets for the players. We spent a good amount of hours planning tasks for the Red Team and without his input this would not be the same. I am also thankful for Adler Legion pilots who were flying all the missions with a great dedication.

Third, my S! goes to the Blue Team and J2 Drookasi for leading them. Again, as usual, the event was full of sportsmanship and we were able to quickly discuss any issues regarding the scoring or other situations. Thank you!

The win would not be possible without a Red Team individuals. This time, I would like to praise pilots who flew as independent ones. You know, it is always easier to assign virtual squadrons because you know their value. During the BA X things were slightly different in my opinion. Those who made the difference were our Mercenary Pilots who were able to show extraordinary skill and were not afraid to take any orders or planes. Redman, Cuban, Olivier, Zatch, Snowy, Joker, Father Ted, Oorpii, HagarTheHorrible, RubberDucky, Hauggy, ElMarta and Hellequin13 - big S! and thank you!.

Finally, I would like to thank all virtual squadrons taking part in the BAX as a Red Team: Adler Legion, No56, No74, -IRRE-, US93 and US213, WIS and my 1.PL. We did a good job! Way to go!

Lucas

Edited by 1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for all the fun!!! I had a blast doing my first Bloody April.

• Upvote 3

Hey thanks guys!

Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday but I'm glad I could participate to the other missions!

Had a great time and Lukas planning and management was top notch!

Hopefully next campaign the damage model issues will be fixed. 😄

• Upvote 3

Yes, thanks everybody - the J5 organisers and our Red Team management.  As always the event generated memories and introduced me to some more of our community

• Like 2

A BIG Thank You for everyone involved on planning and executing this tournament. Without you guys, we wouldn't have experienced the fun and camaraderie shown during the event.
Special mentions to team commanders, for giving their time and effort on every mission, leading the teams, making it really easy for all of us to just jump in and have fun.
Congrats to fellow Red Team's pilots for the victory, and to the Blue Team for being a worthy opponent.

Hope to fly BA again. 

• Like 1

Thank you @Adler_Blau and @1PL-Lucas-1Esk for leading us and for all the forward planning. Cheers to all those I flew with, and against. Jasta5 can be rightly proud of the success of this event, which is the first I have experienced. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I liked the changing weather conditions amongst many other things and I look forward to the next Bloody April. 

Posted (edited)

I echo Snowy’s words.  Thank you very much, to all involved, for all of  your time and effort in organising and running BA X.  My only regret is that my internet connection didn’t allow me to take a fuller part and like some others, completely craping out on the last night.

The only suggestion I might have is that it wasn’t overly easy to find the correct weekly sign-up pages and then the assignments page to see what tasks had been allotted, I seemed to come across them more by accident rather than by design.

Anyway, that aside, thanks again for running and hosting this event. I very much enjoyed, when I could, meeting and flying with a great bunch of FC players, whom I wouldn’t normally bump into.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

Thanks for the effort you put in Guys, sorry I couldn't contribute each week but it was good fun.

Cheers

Branston

S! and congratulations to Adler, Lucas and the rest of the Red team for their win in a well fought campaign. 

Also, many thanks to Drookasi for the time and effort you put in while leading us. :salute:

Final results, thanks and campaign ribbon awarded.  See first post of thread.