Jump to content
J5_Baeumer

Bloody April X - Flying Circus Edition

Bloody April X Campaign - Flying Circus Edition - Register Today!  

78 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you plan on flying in this years event?

    • Yes! Enlist me today!
    • I won't be flying but I'll buy war bonds from the home front.
  2. 2. What side do you prefer to fly? (side assignements cannot be guaranteed although we try to meet everyones preferences; historical units will be kept together)

    • No preference - put me where you need me.
    • Entente
    • Central


Recommended Posts

Gentelmen!

 

I do not know situation at Central team, but for entente team i can say exactly that right now we do not have even half necessary team.

We need to fill 37 slots for all 6 hours. To fly more than 3 hours is difficult for most most of pilots.  So total team activity must be more than 70 regular pilots. I even not take in accout reserve pilots. Please be active on mission avaliable sign (nesseasry info at Jasta 5 forum), in other case i WILL RISE this friday evening the question to organizers about reducing fome two 3-hour session to one with changing main session time or rebalancing both teams moving pilots from one side to another.

Your command need time to prepare the plans for flying for EACH Bloody April participant.

 

 

Hurry up!

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Adler_Blau said:

Gentelmen!

 

I do not know situation at Central team, but for entente team i can say exactly that right now we do not have even half necessary team.

We need to fill 37 slots for all 6 hours. To fly more than 3 hours is difficult for most most of pilots.  So total team activity must be more than 70 regular pilots. I even not take in accout reserve pilots. Please be active on mission avaliable sign (nesseasry info at Jasta 5 forum), in other case i WILL RISE this friday evening the question to organizers about reducing fome two 3-hour session to one with changing main session time or rebalancing both teams moving pilots from one side to another.

Your command need time to prepare the plans for flying for EACH Bloody April participant.

 

 

Hurry up!

Adler_Blau,

 

The situation in the Central team is more or less the same for the time being. Maybe some pilots do not understand the necessity for their timely commitment to a mission or they believe that they are going to just fly and shoot down planes as they are doing in the daily Flugpark missions. THIS IS A WRONG ASSUMPTION GENTLEMEN! Please follow the instructions posted here and help us create a fruitful event.

 

On the other hand Adler, this is war and it is our job to kick our pilots to life or suffer the consequences if we fail to do so. If I will have only 5 pilots to run the mission with and you have 30, I will still do what I can and not complain. The event cannot be subject to constant changes just because the participants do not understand the rules. The organizers have allocated an equal amount of pilots for both teams.

 

Assuming that you are the Red Team side commander, good luck and fair play!

 

 

To all pilots, Blue and Red.

 

Only 38 out of the 76 people that have committed to participate into BA X have checked in in the topic below:

 

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=14868

 

YOU ALL NEED TO DO SO! This is not optional this is mandatory! If you had not done so it means that you are not signing in to fly, the command cannot plan correctly, you are not reading the orders, you are not interacting with the command of the campaign, in short you either don't know or you do not care! With this post there is no more the ''I didn't know'' excuse.

 

Please all comply!

Edited by J2_Drookasi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J2_Drookasi said:

If I will have only 5 pilots to run the mission with and you have 30, I will still do what I can and not complain. The event cannot be subject to constant changes just because the participants do not understand the rules. The organizers have allocated an equal amount of pilots for both teams.

 

Assuming that you are the Red Team side commander, good luck and fair play!

 

Hi!

 

I am for intesting event, and if you will say that you have only 5, we will discuss moving Entente pilots for Central team and reducing the flying time. I am not complaining, i am showing the facts for everybody and what we should to do to make this event outsanding for everyone. I am against routine and one side playing, skills have to matters, not quantity.

 

Regards!
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I tried to register yesterday and my account is still inactive.  Here are my six pilots:

 

WIS-Redcoat

WIS-ArthurBrown

WIS-Sharpienero

WIS-DFA21

WIS-RoryMcCann

WIS-WinstonDarby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

When I registered I only gave our squadron and my name.  Do all seven of our pilots need to give there names here?

It would be helpful, but not absolutely required. Anyone who doesn't register on the Jasta 5 forum however, will not have access to NOTAM's, weather forecasts, rules etc.

 

Also, anyone who does register on our forum should use their squad tag in their username there. Makes it easier for us to put you in the right group. 

5 minutes ago, WIS-Redcoat said:

Well I tried to register yesterday and my account is still inactive.  Here are my six pilots:

 

WIS-Redcoat

WIS-ArthurBrown

WIS-Sharpienero

WIS-DFA21

WIS-RoryMcCann

WIS-WinstonDarby

you are now active, had to determine where to put you.

Edited by J5_Gamecock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I count 23, 28, 21 and 15 for the four dawn missions at this time.

 

As I am new to multiplayer I would very much welcome a description of the types of ground targets and so on so I can try to bomb them more precisely and also a general description of orders please, such as what does 'Barge (0.5)' mean? I can presume it means you try to take a Barrage Balloon. If so does that need special ammunition  or do I dive bomb them? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions but if I don't ask I won't be able to be effective.

 

Thanks  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Snowy said:

As I am new to multiplayer I would very much welcome a description of the types of ground targets and so on so I can try to bomb them more precisely and also a general description of orders please, such as what does 'Barge (0.5)' mean? I can presume it means you try to take a Barrage Balloon. If so does that need special ammunition  or do I dive bomb them? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions but if I don't ask I won't be able to be effective.

 

Thanks  

 

From the rules document provided on the original post;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=88479

Quote

Strategic Bombing – Trains / Convoys / Barges / Bridges

Strategic bombing is performed by flying over the area marked on the map and destroying assigned targets with bombs.  The icon and tooltip will explain what the target is.  In the case of convoys and trains, these targets are mobile.  Use the tooltips for information as to where they’re moving from and to. Pilots are responsible for choosing an acceptable load out for the task at hand before taking off. 
 
Important:

  • Roughly 75% of a bridge must be destroyed for mission success.  (¾ of total bridge spans)
  • 100% of convoy vehicles must be destroyed for mission success.  (4 of 4)
  • 100% of barges must be destroyed for mission success.  (2 of 2)
  • The train engine must be destroyed for mission success.  (1 of 1)  

 

The attacks may be conducted at any altitude and in any manner desired (high level flight, low level flight, divebombing).  Keep in mind that the bomb fuse choice may have an impact on viable options.  Failure to meet the specific requirement for the target will mean mission failure. A completion message will display on the screen upon completion.  A bomber does not need to return in order for the mission to be credited a success.  Objective success is registered by the parser.

 

Ground Attack – Tanks / Gun Emplacements

Bombing is performed by flying over to area marked on the map and destroying assigned targets with bombs.  The icon and tooltip will explain what the target is.  Pilots are responsible for choosing an acceptable load out for the task at hand before taking off. 
 
Important:

  • 100% of tanks must be destroyed for mission success.  (4 of 4)
  • 100% of gun emplacements must be destroyed for mission success.  (4 of 4) 

 
The attacks may be conducted at any altitude and in any manner desired (high level flight, low level flight, divebombing).  Keep in mind that the bomb fuse choice may have an impact on viable options.  Failure to the specific requirement for the target will mean mission failure. A completion message will display on the screen upon completion.  A bomber does not need to return in order for the mission to be credited a success.  Objective success is registered by the parser.  


Barge would be referring to a canal barge, or rather two barges judging from the above. There tends to be one barge on the regular Flugpark missions that you can practice on. The Germans one tends to be on the River Somme, not sure about the Entente one, some river east of Bapaume from memory.

 

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S! Snowy

 

People who ask dumb questions should get medals in my opinion as there are often others who'd like to know the same info.

 

So for anyone who's doing a campaign for the first time.

 

Oliver88's post is very helpful in explaining the theory behind the campaign.

 

The process is, at some point you will have your team meeting, your commander will assign roles to people after discussion over what needs doing and who feels comfortable doing it. So have a think about what you are most experienced in and enjoy doing, and see if that's needed. One of the side benefits of a campaign like this is sometimes finding yourself outside your comfort zone because the team needs you to do a role you have no experience in. But you will be on comms with people who will give you lots of help and advice, teamwork is key.

 

I'm looking forward to hearing of your experiences of your first campaign.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you Oliver88 and J5_Daedallus, I really appreciate both your responses. 

 

And I got the rules to read. I first tried on my work Surface but Adobe would not open it.  I have it now. 

Edited by Snowy
More information
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm looking for a Fritz Fagioli.  Please PM me here so we can get your registration sorted out.

 

 

Edited by J5_Gamecock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snowy said:

 

As I am new to multiplayer

you're not alone - not first time I'm in MP - sure not - but my first time to be in a Champaign like this and not fly like lonely/no friends Woolf , so ....I'm looking really forward to it' 👌😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm already registered (allocated to Entente) and posted on calendar (marked first two slots - total 3h - , let last two marked as "?" because I'm still not sure I will be able to commit for 6 hours straight).
As I understood, tomorrow commanders will have a meeting with pilots on discord to check plans, then it will be a good time to reassess the situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Will not be able to attend  Friday 9 pm (GMT)

Edited by Oorpii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Snowy said:

I count 23, 28, 21 and 15 for the four dawn missions at this time.

 

As I am new to multiplayer I would very much welcome a description of the types of ground targets and so on so I can try to bomb them more precisely and also a general description of orders please, such as what does 'Barge (0.5)' mean? I can presume it means you try to take a Barrage Balloon. If so does that need special ammunition  or do I dive bomb them? I'm sorry if these are dumb questions but if I don't ask I won't be able to be effective.

 

Thanks  

 

I will not discuss this and other info from secured resources which is only for Entente team. Stay confidentiality, otherwise you will lose team trust. You can ask me personally what you need.


Salute!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checked in!

I was previously on the Red side but I wouldn't mind flying blue if theres an imbalance in numbers.

See you on April the 4th!

I think I still got the Teamspeak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

...

I think I still got the Teamspeak.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess this time we'll be using Discord?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Important rules clarifications and changes to scoring.  See Notice to Pilots at top of first post of the thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We are almost 1 day before the first mission of the first Bloody April event for Flying Circus and we all need to confirm that we have already done the things listed below:

 

1. We have access in the Jasta 5 forum:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/index.php

2. We have read the rules:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14864

3. We have registered in the Jasta 5 server statistics parser:

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/

4. We had made a post in the  'Pilot Check In' topic:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=60

5. We have access in our team's planning area. For Blue team it is here:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=59

6. We have signed-in for participating in a mission by filling in the Weekly sign up Sheet. For Blue, here:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14762

7. We are ready to use the Jasta 5 Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/h8MRmyN

8. We are regularly checking our team's planning area to read orders, instructions etc.

 

Failing to do any of the above will cost to your team and to your pleasant experience of the event.

 

Salute all!

Edited by J2_Drookasi
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What J2_Drookasi posted is very important for all players regardless of sides to accomplish. If you are red team you should have access to red team updates and instructions and if you are blue team the same instructions will apply for blue team. There are a lot of first time players for this event and it is very important in order to get the enjoyment we are seeking that they reach out to each team commander if you are having difficulties. Remember hostilities begin tomorrow! there is still lots to have completed so reach out to anyone who may have the knowledge and get assistance or who can get you connected to the person who can get you current. If you are not registered for this forum https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=87 

it is very important to do so immediately reach out to J5_Gamecock, J5_Baumer or any J5 member for assistance if needed.

Notice to ALL J5 members, please reach out to me, J5_Gamecock, or J5_Baumer if you get requests and are not sure how to proceed.

Thanks all and have a wonderful time with the event

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question: If I am able to pull up my stats from the parser, does this mean I do not need to register with the parser? I attempted to register and get an 'error 500', but having flown on the server multiple times, seem to be already accruing stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hellequin13 said:

Quick question: If I am able to pull up my stats from the parser, does this mean I do not need to register with the parser? I attempted to register and get an 'error 500', but having flown on the server multiple times, seem to be already accruing stats.

If you are already getting your stats for the Flugpark server, there is nothing else you need to do as far as registering to the parser is concerned.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just have one question.....Will we get to hear " A Sussex Lad "  during intermissions ;)

 

...but my aeroplane lacked common sense.... and crashed into a tree!

 

 

We were huddled around the warm hearth next to the bar in the squadron mess when Tripod, our venerable old three-legged, mangy dog of a squadron mascot, perked his ears up.  A few moments later we heard the unmistakable sputtering of a Spad's hispano-suiza engine droning above the the pouring rain and leaking ceiling of the chateau. "Who the devil could that be in this weather?", asked our CO, old Mac, as we all drew a curious eye toward the ceiling.  We rushed to the door of the mess just in time to see the outline of a landing spad in the late afternoon rain.  With what seemed like casual effortlessness, the pilot wheeled the spad around in front of the hangars, killed the engine, climbed out and gave a friendly wave to us and the approaching ground crew. Suddenly one of the boys exclaimed.."That's old Lt. Col. William Thaw! The legendary leader of the Lafayette Escadrille, swaggered over in our direction with a relieved smile. He had been at it since 1915, and had all the care free confidence of the man we'd heard so many stories about.  He had been separated from his patrol by an engagement over the lines and with the worsening afternoon thunderstorms, had become quite lost and forced down at our drome. He drank all the drinks the boys bought him, and patiently answered every question asked of him.  The men's faces lit up like the sun when he told them of his narrow escapes and encounters with particularly skilled German aces.  He couldn't quite mask his look of astonishment at the young rookie pilots, all speaking of yearning for action against the hun.  He gave them the best advice he could, without dampening their spirits, but still managing to bring home the point that their opponents were good, and there was no substitute for experience.  He flew out just after dawn this morning, after a quick breakfast and a farewell to the squadron.  Everyone couldn't help thinking how wonderful it would be to have such a skilled hand with us, given whats ahead.  They say we have the numbers and the German ace Boelke is dead, but rumors are rampant of the "flying circus" and their ace pilots, just across the mud.  I suppose we'll see what it's all about tomorrow at dawn, April 5, 1917.

Edited by CubanCoveRunner
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice read Cuban. Thanks for sharing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also getting the Server Error 500 Message. But I cannot find my ststs with the search Function omn the stats page.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I may watch Scarface and The Godfather 2020 Corona Redux during the intermission.

 

Bidet, mate: Toilet paper is not a hill we need to die on - The ...     Nonna's Kitchen - Posts - Gorham, New Hampshire - Menu, Prices ...

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Still possible to join I hope?

1.JaVA_BlGGLES flying for entente

 

Cheers,

 

Biggles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the behalf of the Entente HQ, I would like to thank all the participants from both sides! Hope you enjoyed the missions and are having fun during the tournament. More to come in two weeks (be sure! ;) )

 

S!

Lucas

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost six hours in this business, this is hell.  My hands became wooden ... I won’t want to fly again soon, especially in SeVa ;-))) To all the participants of the battle and especially the organizers of the event S!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 My butt hurts from sitting in the chair for 6 hours. :biggrin:

 

 Was a good time though, some great fights and white knuckle moments. Looking forward to continuing in two weeks.

 

Edited by J5_Gamecock
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, J5_Klugermann said:

I may watch Scarface and The Godfather 2020 Corona Redux during the intermission.

 

Bidet, mate: Toilet paper is not a hill we need to die on - The ...     Nonna's Kitchen - Posts - Gorham, New Hampshire - Menu, Prices ...

Take a good f*ckin' look at da bad guy....Ju neva gonna see another bad guy like dis again babay ok??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1.JaVA_BlGGLES said:

Hi,

Still possible to join I hope?

1.JaVA_BlGGLES flying for entente

 

Cheers,

 

Biggles

 Not too late. Just follow instructions in OP and get registered on J5 forums. We'll get you in. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, emely said:

Almost six hours in this business, this is hell.  My hands became wooden ... I won’t want to fly again soon, especially in SeVa ;-))) To all the participants of the battle and especially the organizers of the event S!

 

Pure immersion! S!

Edited by CubanCoveRunner
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I am assigned to Arty spotter escort, and we accomplish the mission successfully, do  I get a searchlight to shoot at as well,  when I land back at base ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 10:29 AM, J2_Drookasi said:

We are almost 1 day before the first mission of the first Bloody April event for Flying Circus and we all need to confirm that we have already done the things listed below:

 

1. We have access in the Jasta 5 forum:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/index.php

2. We have read the rules:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=14864

3. We have registered in the Jasta 5 server statistics parser:

http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/

4. We had made a post in the  'Pilot Check In' topic:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=60

5. We have access in our team's planning area. For Blue team it is here:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=59

6. We have signed-in for participating in a mission by filling in the Weekly sign up Sheet. For Blue, here:

https://www.jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14762

7. We are ready to use the Jasta 5 Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/h8MRmyN

8. We are regularly checking our team's planning area to read orders, instructions etc.

 

Failing to do any of the above will cost to your team and to your pleasant experience of the event.

 

Salute all!

 

Salute to all that had participated in the initial two missions of BA X. For those spending 6 hours flying, I share your pain!

 

I shall repeat myself one more time. This is not an event that you just get in discord, get the password and fly the way you like. There are tasks to be done, there is coordination, planning, reaction to unpredicted situations, limited communication and enough uncertainty. If you want to participate it is not late, you can do so, just follow the list of 'to do' things above. If you are uncertain of something, just make a post here and you'll get answers/help.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry!

I left the game last evening before it really started.

The mess in Discord made me totally nervous. A feature was active that read text messages aloud while other participants were speaking. I find it difficult to follow a conversation in English. And now this mess!

Then I was also separated from the other J99 participants. I didn't understand what I had to do, what to do. I could have asked my comrades, but that didn't work anymore.

I had been looking forward to the tournament in advance. But I can't have fun in these conditions. I will therefore no longer participate in this tournament.

Salute!

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great game 👌

One of my first time in a team and on discord - I was only dead once - I was in some dogfight in my 1,5 time flyhours and pulled panic the trigger /I'm sure I hit - but they continue fly with ventilation holes in there fabric - I'm number 92 out of 96 so (maybe) I'll be better 

I'm a beginner in team so more listening and learn than pub-talk ......but,......so....

 

I'm in next game/14 days too 👌😁

 

Tak 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

If I am assigned to Arty spotter escort, and we accomplish the mission successfully, do  I get a searchlight to shoot at as well,  when I land back at base ? 

Negative. Only the pilot performing a direct task must shoot at the searchlight. The escort shall not do that. 

Edited by 1PL-Lucas-1Esk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big thanks to the organizers and to all who helped me survive for 6 hours! I certainly wasn't of much help to our team but I had a lot of fun and excitement doing it. 🙂 Cheers to all involved! Looking forward to the next round!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, J99_Himmelhund said:

Sorry!

 

I left the game last evening before it really started.

 

The mess in Discord made me totally nervous. A feature was active that read text messages aloud while other participants were speaking. I find it difficult to follow a conversation in English. And now this mess!

 

Then I was also separated from the other J99 participants. I didn't understand what I had to do, what to do. I could have asked my comrades, but that didn't work anymore.

 

I had been looking forward to the tournament in advance. But I can't have fun in these conditions. I will therefore no longer participate in this tournament.

 

Salute!

 

 

Me too.  Hate discord and won't use it.  I was on TS3, but it was not fair for the rest of my squad so I am bowing out now.  TS3 is so much better with all the different whisper channels available.  Discord is data mining and has an infantile interface set up for kids.

 

Good luck to everyone and hope you have a good time for the rest of the campaign.

 

Happy landings,

 

56RAF_Talisman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...