Is there any way to adjust the size of my pilots head? Feels like it hits the canopy far before I normally would. Some planes like the Ju88 don't even let you lean over to the right when there is clearly nothing there or even forward to the gun sight. If not I think the Devs need to go back over them and allow a little more wiggle room and re-evaluate some that are clearly broken. Personally I would rather accidentally stick my head through something then be jolted by the plane suddenly shifting.

Edited by driftaholic

They fixed some of them especially the forward movement in some of the 109s, even after stating it wasn't possible for a few years. That was an awesome surprise one patch.

Hopefully the other planes get a look in. The 190 is particularly bad I feel, along with the Ju88 that you have already pointed out.

I think this has to do with the way these limitations work in the basegame, as in non-VR. IIRC the limitations can only be made in a rectangular fashion instead of the actual geometrical forms of t he cockpits.

Changing this would AFAIK necessitate working very deep into the core of the game‘s Code and who knows what kind of issues that would cause.

• Upvote 1

You can turn that head limitation off by setting Custom game settings rather than Expert.

Obviously though if flying multiplayer that is set by the server.

I fly single player only and have that head limit turned off.

Unfortunately there are only two populated multiplayer servers. I understand the rectangular limitation, maybe it's better though to error to the side of more room with some clipping. 

It has been discussed to no end in the multiplayer threads, and the consensus is that the limitations are on. Monitor-players otherwise defined snapviews that are placed 0.5m out on the wing, to see their six perfectly, or something like that. Don't remember precisely what it was - something along these lines is why.

But I also remember, if you ask them for that in the multiplayer thread section, better wear your Flak-vest and shit-storm mask. 😷

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, So_ein_Feuerball said:

Doesn´t IPD offset make the cockpit bigger? Or have they fixed that?

That is what it is for.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

It has been discussed to no end in the multiplayer threads, and the consensus is that the limitations are on. Monitor-players otherwise defined snapviews that are placed 0.5m out on the wing, to see their six perfectly, or something like that. Don't remember precisely what it was - something along these lines is why.

But I also remember, if you ask them for that in the multiplayer thread section, better wear your Flak-vest and shit-storm mask. 😷

Latest rumor is that if you're looking back towards a bandit on your six you're more likely to get pilot sniped. I get pilot sniped a lot, and with a small FOV headset like the Rift S I'm looking directly at the bandit....but I dunno if this is an actual bug or imagined.

Either way, I'm not looking to be able to put my head on the wing. I just wan't to be able to look side to side in the FW190 without the cockpit moving. You literally can't turn 180 degrees left to right (without leaning at all) and your head hits the glass in both directions. lol

Edited by driftaholic

On 2/26/2020 at 12:25 AM, Alonzo said:

Latest rumor is that if you're looking back towards a bandit on your six you're more likely to get pilot sniped. I get pilot sniped a lot, and with a small FOV headset like the Rift S I'm looking directly at the bandit....but I dunno if this is an actual bug or imagined.

Well it sounds like all we have to do if a bandit is on our 6 is use the IPD offset to make the cockpit as big as possible, so by comparison our pilot's head is as small a target as possible.  It'd be like a tennis ball in the cockpit and much less chance of getting sniped.  Hopefully by temporarily shrinking our body size down like that, the pilot will still be able to reach the controls so as to perform pint-sized evasive maneuvers.

Conversely, maybe making the pilot's head as large as possible while patrolling will improve the ability to spot planes since there would be more retinal area within the enlarged eyeballs.  Worth a try at least.

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy