DFLion

Tempest_vs_Messerschmitt a Single Mission by DFLion

Tempest vs Messerschmitt – a mission by DFLion

This is another historic mission created from a chapter from Pierre Closterman's book ‘The Big Show’. Watch out for ‘The Hun in the Sun’ and as Clostermann says in his briefing, keep your Tempest speed high in a dogfight and use your 4 x 20mm cannon’s sparingly or you will soon run out of ammo. If you are in close to an enemy fighter, it doesn’t take many 20mm rounds to knock it out!

I have requested from our wonderful skinners, that RAF 3 Sqn 122 Wing skins be posted again, if possible, for us all to use in this Mission.

Good Luck.

DFLion

DF_Tempest_vs_Messerschmitts.zip

3Sqn_RAF_01.jpg

3Sqn_RAF_02.jpg

Edited by DFLion
I've added shots using the new skins, thanks Skinners.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

All these missions are really great!

Don't you consider making a SP campaign with all the missions together?

Hi DN308,

Thanks for your appreciation. I am starting to get the grips on the mission maker with all these single missions, though I still have a lot to learn. I will be working on putting a campaign together, probably using the 'Big Show' missions. If you have the original IL2 Sturmovick flight sim, I produced a 52 mission campaign following Pierre Clostermann's career in the RAF using his book 'The Big Show' for reference. I got permission from his family to use the name 'The Big Show'. This Campaign went viral with hundreds of downloads and it was even translated into French with many more downloads. You should be able to still find it on 'Mission 4 Today' website.

The new IL2 Sturmovik 'Great Battles' flight sim is certainly a much more authentic environment for making these historical missions and I am looking forward to the 'Battle of Normandy' Map which will link in very well with the 'Bodenplatte' map.

DFLion

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I already have and fly it on the original version.

What a great job you've done!!!