Sign in to follow this  
Devere

Some DLC advice required!

Ho chaps

So the skinny is that I own BoS on steam, and with the current sale on was eyeing up the Kuban expansion. Unfortunately steam don't have the collectors editions just thebase expansions, which is annoying because it's really more the spitty V that has grabbed my interest. So as it's only the one ship I'm really interested in and eeing as my finances are somewhat light at the moment I figured Imight just grab the spit as a standalone collectors aircraft.

So my question is will I be able to do anything with it if I don't have the base expansion? Or will it just sit there looking pretty until later when I pick up the full game?
Also does she come with many/any mods and how does she stack up against the enemy?

OT - nice to see so many of the 'old contemptibles' from the RoF days here🖐️

Anywhoo cheers for any and all advices rendered.

Edited by Devere

If you have the Spitfire V, you can fly it in MP, QMB, and any career squadron that flies it in the Battle of Stalingrad (but I don't believe any squadrons do to the best of my knowledge).

No fear (unless you were hoping to take it into the career mode) if you buy the Spitfire, you'll be able to fly it.

You can fly it in multiplayer, single player QMB flights and custom single player missions. Doesn't look like it is used in any career outside of Kuban

Ninja'd by Wanderer

Edited by pfrances

1 hour ago, Devere said:

So the skinny is that I own BoS on steam, and with the current sale on was eyeing up the Kuban expansion. Unfortunately steam don't have the collectors editions just thebase expansions, which is annoying because it's really more the spitty V that has grabbed my interest. So as it's only the one ship I'm really interested in and eeing as my finances are somewhat light at the moment I figured Imight just grab the spit as a standalone collectors aircraft.

What about purchasing BOK in the Sturmovik webstore and linking your two accounts, so you can play everything through Steam? With currently 75% off, it would be very interesting, and then you can use the BOK career mode, too.

• Upvote 4

People have made some mods for the career mode (check the mods forum!), might be worth looking into that and seeing if you can get an unhistorical Spits over Stalingrad thing going? If you like career, that is

@Yogiflight is right, if you purchase BoK premium from the il2 store and then 'link' that with your steam accounts (search durum for 'link accounts', it's a 2 minute process), then you can launch Battle of Stalingrad through steam and all your BoK content will be available in game. This has the added bonus that the monies from anything you purchase through the iil2 store direct (which has sales slightly more frequently than steam) will 100% go towards directly supporting the dev team, and not helping Gabe afford yet another dososkin rug.

[WARNING: POTENTIAL NATIONAL BIAS] In game, I think the Spit Vb is a dream. No lockable tailwheel means she can be a bit of a handful on the ground (you'll get used to seeing Spits gracefully pirouetting all over taxiways if you dip your toe into multiplayer), but once in the wild blue you're in an aircraft with many virtues and few vices. She's showing her age a bit by the BoK time frame, sure, but you have a very powerful 5 minute boost, two very powerful 20mm cannon (limited ammo though, 6 seconds, so be conservative and fire at convergence), she'll out turn almost anything in almost any situation, and unlike most soviet built fighters, you can dive at considerable speeds and things don't start falling off. 

All this and you look damn stylish doing it. 

• Upvote 3

Cheers for the input gang. Well it's good to know there is content available for the spit.

How does one go about linking store and steam accounts? If I recall when I first logged on from steam it asked me to set up my account here - so does that mean the accounts are already linked or is there some over step required?

16 minutes ago, Devere said:

Cheers for the input gang. Well it's good to know there is content available for the spit.

How does one go about linking store and steam accounts? If I recall when I first logged on from steam it asked me to set up my account here - so does that mean the accounts are already linked or is there some over step required?

Yes, that's what it means. No additional steps required.

Also, once you have your mind blown and then get used to the strange alternate universe generated by the super-powerful-but-convention-busting mission editor (or FMB, if you will), you can start churning out your own Stalingrad-located Spit Vb missions! And sharing them with the rest of us! 🤩

On 2/20/2020 at 9:10 PM, No601_Swallow said:

Also, once you have your mind blown and then get used to the strange alternate universe generated by the super-powerful-but-convention-busting mission editor (or FMB, if you will), you can start churning out your own Stalingrad-located Spit Vb missions! And sharing them with the rest of us! 🤩

If it is anything like the one from RoF, then it is way beyond my limited abilities 😱

You can use my tool to generate missions over Stalingrad with a Spit:

Deselect “historical” planeset to select an aircraft outside of the historically correct set.

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:38 PM, Devere said:

If you login on the www.sturmovik.com site, you should be able to view all your License Keys under Profile. Check to see if your BoS is in the list, with type Steam. If so, your account is correctly linked.

• Upvote 1

Cheers for the advice all. Thanks to a kindly sort of chap I now have the Kuban theatre to fly the spit in.

Will deffo look into your mission generator Vander.