klunker

Player Tank Ai

Does anyone out there know how this feature works? I haven't seen a description on how this feature works.

Someone has said that player tank ai is hardwired into the game.  In SP missions I've had my tank ai start shooting on engine startup (not all the time..only on some missions)..even before getting into the Commanders position and giving orders.  I have discovered that I can squelch the Ai gunner in Single Player missions from the Commander's position if I give the order to:  "Do Like Me".  That seems to stop the Ai gunner in my tank from acting on his own.  BTW...the Ai gunner is good beyond belief..in one mission, I've seen him identify a target, switch ammo, and kill the target at 1300 meters even before the engine has finished starting.  (Hope this Ai thing gets more more realistic in future editions).

This is trial and error as I don't see any instructions on this...or am I missing something? 

@klunker, start autopilot, while in driver's position, change to commander's position and open the command menu with 'Tilde'. Then you can command the AI in your tank. In missions, where you are platoon leader, you can also command your platoon this way.

• Thanks 1

Thank you.

I didn't make myself clear.  I do understand how to use the Commander's orders via the Tilde key.  My real question is "how is it that the player's tank has Ai some of the time and not all of the time".  There are some missions where the Player Tank Ai is NOT available.  There are times where it IS active and I don't wish for it to be active and wonder how to TURN IT OFF. 

I don't believe it is related to the Auto Pilot function in Realism settings because I've turned that off and STILL have tank Ai when I don't want it. 

I thought it was a function that the Mission Builders could select when making missions in the Mission Editor, but one mission builder says it is NOT selectable in the Mission Editor, but rather, it is HARD WIRED into the vehicles.  But if that is so, it would seem likely to ALWAYS be available.  But that is not the case.  Some missions do not have vehicles that the Players Ai is active (i.e. Tank Scenarios...Fast Tank Battle).

Does anyone know how the players tank Ai is incorporated into a mission, and how it can be turned off (without issuing an order via the Commanders Tilde menu).

Yes OP it's frustrating  wanting to do a mission But overridden by the AI ! what's the difference where multiplayer auto control is off compared to missions where auto control is active ! There must be a way to turn it off if you can turn it off in Multiplayer  ?