Store Sale 17-Feb

cardboard_killer

cardboard_killer

I did not see it announced, but it looks like there's another sale on the Store front (not on Steam though), including FC at 50% off.

Capture.JPG.c66afc4e7c401379c72169c87354ae5a.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1CGS
Jason_Williams

My internet at the office is down so I cannot announce this sale properly until it’s back up, but yes Leap Into the Cockpit Sale is on and it’s a good one.

I posted this from my phone.

Jason

• Thanks 3

Well, as much as I’m a supporter of these games, I have finally learned my lesson.  Never again will I preorder or even purchase before full release.  All you have to do is wait a couple months after full release now to get these brand new modules for half price.  What a rip off to those who back these games during development and save 10 dollars but those who wait for release save 40.  Hurry up loyal customers and save 10 dollars before full release happens.  What a joke!  I understand old modules but not new ones.  No more from me.  I hope others are getting smart to this nonsense.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4

cardboard_killer
4 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

What a rip off to those who back these games during development and save 10 dollars but those who wait for release save 40

For $40 you got the planes as they came out, many months before the release and up to a year before the sale.

• Upvote 4

unlikely_spider

6 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

Well, as much as I’m a supporter of these games, I have finally learned my lesson.  Never again will I preorder or even purchase before full release.  All you have to do is wait a couple months after full release now to get these brand new modules for half price.  What a rip off to those who back these games during development and save 10 dollars but those who wait for release save 40.  Hurry up loyal customers and save 10 dollars before full release happens.  What a joke!  I understand old modules but not new ones.  No more from me.  I hope others are getting smart to this nonsense.

News Flash: Price of Entertainment Product Declines Over Time.

Next up in Today's News: Our Correspondent Noticed that Some Times of Year Feel Colder than Others. More at 10.

• Haha 7
  • Upvote 4

PatrickAWlson
3 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

...  No more from me.  I hope others are getting smart to this nonsense.

Yeah, let's hope everyone gets really smart to this nonsense and doesn't buy anything anymore!  That'll show 'em!  Oh, they went out of business?  Damn, that sucks.  I liked that flight sim.  Guess I'll just have to get a different one.  Oh wait, there really isn't another one quite like it.  Well, I guess i can use my flight sim gear for a doorstop.

But yeah, you showed 'em.

More polite version: when you have a customer relationship with a small company it's a bit different.  They do not have a massive revenue stream.  They make what they do for a relatively small group of enthusiasts, not for a massive market.  Their existence depends on the support of that group of enthusiasts.  Supporting or not is your decision, but don't expect the company to be here if people stop buying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9

FarflungWanderer

I wish I had the money for something, but I'm a bit tight at the moment.

It's a shame, I'm pretty close to having all of the collector's planes! Next sale...

• Upvote 1

cardboard_killer
15 minutes ago, FarflungWanderer said:

Next sale...

I keep buying even through I'm broke. I now have everything BoX except the Ju-52 and I simply have no interest in it except as a target. Can't bring myself to move to FC yet, and tank sims I get my fix via cardboard, not electrons.

It is strange that I have never been able to play cardboard/paper air war games. I cannot think in 3d without a visual.

FarflungWanderer
5 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

I keep buying even through I'm broke. I now have everything BoX except the Ju-52 and I simply have no interest in it except as a target. Can't bring myself to move to FC yet, and tank sims I get my fix via cardboard, not electrons.

It is strange that I have never been able to play cardboard/paper air war games. I cannot think in 3d without a visual.

I'd have given you an upvote if I had any reactions left for the day (why is there a limit anyhow?).

I echo that sentiment re: tabletop air war games. To be honest, I've never found a system that really captured the fluidity of air combat well. Blind-plotting I-go-you-go systems like Aerodrome lead to these bizarre scenarios where you'll slot in on someone's tail only for the next turn for both of you to go flying off to the ends of the earth because you plotted to go in opposite directions and (apparently) couldn't gauge where they were moving by sight.

I feel like a lot of these games think aircraft move via instant transmission rather than slow, swooping, easily observable banks and pitches...

cardboard_killer

JD Webster's games are the closest you can get with paper IMO. And I could never get the hang of it.

But I suck at BoX, too, just much more realizable to me.

Have been wanting to dive into FC for a while. Wish I could have supported the team by buying at full price, but appreciate the reduction and I couldn't pass up this price. Hope you guys move a lot of copies with this sale!

cardboard_killer
2 minutes ago, Abdelhak22 said:

Sweet! I will buying BOS & BOM  not sure if to get the LA-5?  

BoS Premium edition ($20) comes with the Fw-190A3 and the La-5 (and varient that is the La-5F I think). The La-5FN is sold separately as a collector plane.

2 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

BoS Premium edition ($20) comes with the Fw-190A3 and the La-5 (and varient that is the La-5F I think). The La-5FN is sold separately as a collector plane.

Ah ok I was considering the Premium edition but i have Kuban so i assume the  Fw-190 A-5 is better that  Fw-190A3?, not sure about the LA-5 series form the videos and comments i have read. 

The MC 202 looks like fun! to many choices! 

cardboard_killer
4 minutes ago, Abdelhak22 said:

I was considering the Premium edition but i have Kuban so i assume the  Fw-190 A-5 is better that  Fw-190A3?

Yes, but it depends on what you want to do with it. There were no Fw-190A-5s at the Battle of Stalingrad, so you won't be able to do a career in one on that map. Same with the La-5FN. Indeed the FN only appears in Autumn campaigns in BoK.

6 minutes ago, Abdelhak22 said:

Just buy them all. You know you will eventually :)

13 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

Yes, but it depends on what you want to do with it. There were no Fw-190A-5s at the Battle of Stalingrad, so you won't be able to do a career in one on that map. Same with the La-5FN. Indeed the FN only appears in Autumn campaigns in BoK.

Just buy them all. You know you will eventually :)

I want everything but i really shouldn't!  I brought BOK on the last sale and joy stick and throttle.. I will definitely get BOS & BOM just deciding between  BOM premium or standard & DW D9 

4 hours ago, Nightstalker said:

Let say it a different way, a bit early for that 50% discount on FC, but on the other hand you are supporting 1C for further development and we all know eventually soon or later, it will come in the sale.  

So lets hope for WW1 fans FC2 will be released, ehhm

Edited by Dutch2

J5_NiiranenVR-Gfr

Well , I'm growing old - and ppl ask me : why are you not playing golf like other old people ??? 

Hmmm .... What if I like it , I have no time for it with my job and so on! 

But ..... Now I bought the FC .....!!

And ....... , 
I think it's really great , and you can play more tactical - course it's not going so fast 
I was in the flying Circus server , but sadly only about 4 ppl in there 

6 hours ago, Abdelhak22 said:

The MC202 has a good roll rate... but it is a bit sudden when it comes to wing-tip stalls/spins... and requires some finesse in choosing when to turn and when to accelerate. I'm not trying to discourage you from getting it! Just expect to have to use a delicate touch and be responsive to its needs! Look after it :)

PatrickAWlson
28 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

The MC202 has a good roll rate... but it is a bit sudden when it comes to wing-tip stalls/spins... and requires some finesse in choosing when to turn and when to accelerate. I'm not trying to discourage you from getting it! Just expect to have to use a delicate touch and be responsive to its needs! Look after it :)

I find it's a sweet handling plane but damn it's slow and under gunned to boot.  Still, if you want to play Italian PWCG has a campaign for it (I think career mode does too).

10 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

JD Webster's games are the closest you can get with paper IMO. And I could never get the hang of it.

But I suck at BoX, too, just much more realizable to me.

I used to play the Ace of Aces book games.  Nothing too in depth but fun.

I went ahead and brought BOS & BOM along with the scripted campaigns, MC 202 weapons put me off, still eyeing up the LA-5 or LA-5FN does anyone what the major differences?  

I have preordered it, bought as much i could afford and im happy with my descision, why, cause i am supporting the company that provides me with so much fun for so many years .. so paying a few more bucks for "my" entertainment... 

What are 10$ or 20$ more? Here you are paying the company and not giving a penny to Steam!! 

1PL-Husar-1Esk
16 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

ICan't bring myself to move to FC yet, and tank sims I get my fix via cardboard, not electrons.

Time to try Flying Circus :)

6 hours ago, 76IAP-Black said:

I have preordered it, bought as much i could afford and im happy with my descision, why, cause i am supporting the company that provides me with so much fun for so many years .. so paying a few more bucks for "my" entertainment... 

What are 10$ or 20$ more? Here you are paying the company and not giving a penny to Steam!! 

I own all of their products.  I have backed them many times over.  I expect items to drop in price over time but not within a couple of months of release.  It’s not 10 or 20 dollars.  I literally bought FC right before early access ended as they announced the discount was ending.  It cost me 70 dollars American.  It’s now 30 dollars cheaper then the early access discount they told people to hurry up and get in on.  That is rediculous after only a few months after release.  It shows the rapid decline of the products value or the fact they are overpriced to begin with.  You never see discounts like that on new products from DCS.  It’s a slap in the face to your early access customers.  Feel free to disagree.  

Edited by Nightstalker
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

Feel free to disagree.  

Hokey doke. We all know that the products we buy are going to end up getting discounted, especially computer games. There are no rules on when those discounts occur or how much those discounts should be... it's not even unusual for games to have release-day discounts these days.

If you feel that FC was worth $70 then as far as I'm concerned you have nothing to complain about. If you feel that FC was not worth $70 to you then you should not have bought it. You should have had some patience and waited until it was discounted to a price you were happy to pay. You can't begrudge the fact that others are now getting it cheaper because they chose to wait, any more than you can begrudge the developers for choosing how and when to discount the product they worked to create. You had the same opportunities as everyone else, but you placed quicker access to FC over price you were paying. That was your choice and it's nobody else's fault, including the devs.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Abdelhak22 said:

I went ahead and brought BOS & BOM along with the scripted campaigns, MC 202 weapons put me off, still eyeing up the LA-5 or LA-5FN does anyone what the major differences?  

La-5FN is the best performing fighter for the VVS. It turns better, climbs better, and flies faster than the earlier La-5. Its a later-war plane so there are less places to fly it. You would only see it in the Kuban career modes. For online play, it tends to be more often restricted than the normal La-5. For pure performance, go for the FN.

I have the standard La-5 and like it, its quite a difference from the other soviet fighters. I don't have the FN, just never got around to getting it. Maybe during this sale...

=621=Samikatz

The FN is a little nose heavy so it handles a bit worse, but there's no doubting it's faster

The main disadvantage of the FN I find is that there's a subset of people who will disconnect rather than fight you if they realise what you're flying. It's not common, but it's enough to stand out vs the rest of the aircraft...

On 2/17/2020 at 5:49 PM, Nightstalker said:

The whole point of buying into pre-order is that you as a player are able to follow development as it happens and if you want also help with feedback that further enhances the sim, you are also able to use those items of a new module as they are released over what is essentially is a two year development period.  If you do not find that interesting or beneficial in any way then buying the game at full price or with a considerable discount in subsequent sales following release is the way to go, if you have followed the series from its inception that was always the way, no one is misled or cheated in any way as we all have that choice, however, many feel they would rather pay up front to help fund the process and hopefully keep the series going.

The game overall is really cheap I think, too much so when you consider the full package that is provided, however, if price really is a concern then the team do offer up many incentives to buy in for those less able financially, however, like all things in life it has to be funded to survive and you will have to wait a while for the very latest titles, nothing wrong there.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nightstalker said:

I own all of their products.  I have backed them many times over.  I expect items to drop in price over time but not within a couple of months of release.  It’s not 10 or 20 dollars.  I literally bought FC right before early access ended as they announced the discount was ending.  It cost me 70 dollars American.  It’s now 30 dollars cheaper then the early access discount they told people to hurry up and get in on.  That is rediculous after only a few months after release.  It shows the rapid decline of the products value or the fact they are overpriced to begin with.  You never see discounts like that on new products from DCS.  It’s a slap in the face to your early access customers.  Feel free to disagree.  

About the step to reduce the price drasticly in a months, ok, but the comparison with DCS doesn't suit il2.

DCS has not big discounts, or any discounted products a few months after release, it has another problem. The modules are not finished, you buy a non discounted, lets say "alpha" staged product / modules for a flight sim world that has many bugs for many many years. 
Il2 is more complete, not perfect but a nice product that makes alot of fun and provides a full pacage for us simpilots. 

I'm totaly happy with the development of il2 from BOS to what we have now with BOBP and BON in the future. 

A good sum up of the problems can be found here 

If you want it cheap, wait. It will go on sale eventually. Sales are pretty frequent. I was able to pick up 3 modules for the price of one standard "AAA" game when I first started out.

If you want it now, buy early access. You're at the least still paying less than standard pricing. The earlier you buy in, the earlier you have access to the content than other people.

I don't tend to get into strategic (for lack of a better term) considerations like supporting the developers or the genre as a whole. Nothing wrong with that, I just consider that I am buying an entertainment product with a limited budget and I'm choosing the ones that I like.

Likewise I don't take it personal if someone decides not to buy something I have purchased, or gets it cheaper. I mean, if I buy a new car at the end of 2019 and some people get it at a big discount at the end of the model year, why would I be mad at them? Or even they guys who sold me the vehicle? Its a business. Its just the way it is.

I'm happy to see BoBP at a lower price, and I bought in mid-way through the Early Access period. Cheaper sim means more players, means more life to the project, and generally means higher MP numbers, which is good for anyone who plays online.

This sale is a little unprecedented because the discounts are coming so early - normally its about a year before we see the first discounts.

Chalk it up to a need for a shot of revenue after the generally longer development cycle for BoBP/Tank Crew/FC, expansion and some perhaps disappointing sales numbers for FC. This may be an attempt to get the sales up high enough on FC to justify a volume II.

• Upvote 2

• Jason_Williams locked this topic