Sign in to follow this  
HappyHaddock

award winning movie short

Some here may be aware that whilst my primary employment is as a professional artist, sculptor and miniature model maker, the variety of projects and clients I work for can be diverse and eclectic.

Today I've just been contacted by a production company I worked for some years ago, they wanted to say a multiple award winning short movie I helped out with some FX work on as principle (ie. only) physical model maker has been released free on youtube and is supposedly "going viral" having had more than fifty thousand hits per day since release. 

Since others were responsible for the majority of the FX work which was done digitally, I can't claim to be in  any way responsible for it's success. Plus there is an awful lot of  other talent behind this production who have no connection to FX work and model making. However for those with twenty minutes to kill I thought I'd share the following.

Whilst others may know the principle actors, to me the two people whose efforts I was most directly involved with were director  Dan Smith who is a BAFTA winner for his work with David Attenborough on natural history documentaries, whilst the concept artist whose work I was challenged with recreating as life size  physical miniatures was Jake Lunt who designed many of the robots for films like Star Wars, where BB8 seems to be the most famous of his designs .

Cheers

HH

Flyspy slideshow.jpg

Edited by HappyHaddock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Congratulation, mate, fantastic work of yours! Good short movie too...

Cheers

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Congratulation, mate, fantastic work of yours! Good short movie too...

Cheers

Well... very little of the work was mine, even short movies like that involve large teams, I was, as they say just a little fish in somebody else's big pond.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, HappyHaddock said:

Well... very little of the work was mine, even short movies like that involve large teams, I was, as they say just a little fish in somebody else's big pond.

Yes, but still - don't mitigate your part - it's like Star Wars movies. Ever thought of Star Wars movies with crappy space ship models? Would ruin the whole

movie, wouldn't it?

• Thanks 1