PatrickAWlson

PWCG 8.0.0 Beta 3 Available for Test

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

PWCGErrorLog (4).zip 1.48 kB · 1 download

I had an error log in the AAR of my FW 190 campagne

Do you have the campaign and mission log files?  This is another bookkeeping error in PWCG.  The PWCG mission file, BoS mission file, PWCG personnel and inventory, and the logs all have to match.  It looks like they do not.

Edited by PatrickAWlson

@Yogiflight the data dir is zero bytes.  Can you try again?.

Also, the report error button (bottom of the campaign screen) functionality had failed to keep up with changes to the campaign structure.  I just fixed that and it will be available in the next push.  Pressing that button will create a full zip file including the campaign and mission logs.

missionReport(2020-03-22_13-32-37)[151].zip

Sorry Patrick,I made a fault, when I tried to zip them.

The report error button is hardly on the screen, when I have PWCG open. I clicked it more by guessing than really seeing. Maybe you could position it a bit higher.

Posted (edited)

Got it.  The "missing vehicle" in question is a flak gun on a train car.  So ... BoS has a concept it "turret" - basically a manned gun position.  Until this error I had no idea that at least some, maybe all, Flak guns were treated in the logs as "turrets".  I though that turrets were limited to plane gunnery positions.  Turns out they are, at a minimum, also used for train AA cars.  Probably also used for AA on any vehicle.  I have to modify PWCG to associate turrets with ground vehicles as well as aircraft.

Thanks.

Got a fix in place for it.  Thanks for taking the time to zip everything up.  My code assumed that turrets were only associated with planes.  Obviously that changed and I was not aware of it.  Just changed the code to map turrets to ground units as well as planes.  Your combat report went through without a problem after the fix.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 1

Released 8.0.0.  Not perfect yet but IMHO a marked improvement over version 7.  Many thanks to all of the testers.  Best bunch yet.  Very committed not just to trying it out but to really help in solving problems.

• Thanks 5

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 1:30 PM, IIIMuerteIII said:

I am not sure as I don't have any other Flying Circus Coop missions to choose from except the PWCG ones. I only have FC and nothing else from IL2 and I am also quite new to all of this. If there is a way to create FC coop missions ingame without using a mod I am not aware how it works.

Edit: I tested it with a created Dogfight Server. Same Problem. Actually my friends don't see any planes, not even bots. They are on an empty map except for some explosion effects and such.

I had this problem and solved it but I'm not sure exactly what fixed it. 

I made sure there were no mods in use (I had an English radio sounds mod installed) and then I did a complete reinstall of BoX (I don't have FC but it runs the same engine anyway) and that worked. Double check your friend doesn't use any mods and also make sure your firewall (both Windows and router) aren't blocking anything. The correct ports to open are listed elsewhere on the forum. 

Edited by AtomicP
double post

On 2/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Been discussed.  IMHO this is a game issue that has been in place since Rise of Flight.  I have two choices:

1. Use high priority waypoints that will cause the bombers to keep formation but also cause the gunners to fall asleep.

2. Use medium priority waypoints that will wake up the gunners but cause the bombers to fly in ways that bombers didn't usually fly.

For years I went with option 2, being aware of the bug.  I had feedback tat the bug had been fixed to I reverted to option 1, only to find that the gunner issue was not fixed.  In 8.0 alpha I have gone back to option 2 again.  Maybe I can try option 1 in another decade or so.

Just curious if you're back to option 1.  I just decimated a flight of Halbs (FC) due to no return fire.  However,  on another flight, they fired back.  I'm assuming this was an "attack" flight, and the ones that didn't shoot back were a "bombing" flight.

35 minutes ago, Napping-Man said:

Just curious if you're back to option 1.  I just decimated a flight of Halbs (FC) due to no return fire.  However,  on another flight, they fired back.  I'm assuming this was an "attack" flight, and the ones that didn't shoot back were a "bombing" flight.

You hit on the difference.  Bombing flights are using high priority waypoints.  I'm going to post again in bugs.  See if there is any response.

• Like 1

Dontated 20$ thanks for all you great work Patrick.

But you never awnsered me if the mission allways fail for all missions or campaigns generated in this ?

Also, a diffrent points system to the roster would be great. Taking into account lost planes, gound targets, air targets and also successfull missions.

1 hour ago, Toriatrix said:

But you never awnsered me if the mission allways fail for all missions or campaigns generated in this ?

Also, a diffrent points system to the roster would be great. Taking into account lost planes, gound targets, air targets and also successfull missions.

The mission should not fail if you land at your home base.  I have had the game say failed sometimes and succeeded sometimes when I quit in flight.  Not sure why the variation.  

2 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

The mission should not fail if you land at your home base.  I have had the game say failed sometimes and succeeded sometimes when I quit in flight.  Not sure why the variation.  

Is there a reason mine allways fail?

Did i do something wrong on install or something?

Do all of the players and AI need to return home?

TBH I don't know.  That is the game making the decision and not PWCG.  I will have to revisit the criteria specified in PWCG.  I did the mission success criteria years ago and have not looked at it since.  It is quite possible that the underlying code in BoS has changed and interpretation of success criteria is not what it used to be. 

I ran into something similar with my last bug fix.  "Turrets" in the logs were always gun positions and PWCG treated them as such.  Turns out that there was a change where they can now be gun positions in any vehicle type.  I had to change code to account for it.

2 hours ago, Toriatrix said:

Just did the same, awesome responsiveness from Patrick to the reported issues!

I agree - PWCG is definitely "Necessary!"

We are a small group of 4 and we have been using version 8 for couple weeks now. Been doing patrol mission mostly. Have had no issues whatsoever. Only thing was java, as it did not choose to install 64bit version on the server box by default. But after manually downloading and installing it we have had no issues since.

Cheers for continuos development on this. It is brilliant.

• Thanks 1

Just discovered PWCG and I am loving it. A group of friends and I fly just about every night. I see there has been an update (I have 10.2.0) and the web site says there is 10.3.0) If I download and install the newest one will it overwrite/erase the campaigns where have already started?  

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

12 minutes ago, DrumThumpnMonkey said:

Just discovered PWCG and I am loving it. A group of friends and I fly just about every night. I see there has been an update (I have 10.2.0) and the web site says there is 10.3.0) If I download and install the newest one will it overwrite/erase the campaigns where have already started?  

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

It won't erase nor overwrite. You can always zip your campaign as a safety measure, but whenever a new release is available I just unzip it on top of the old one. Been flying a bf109 campaign since PWCG 8.0.0 beta without issues, currently on 10.3.0.

8 hours ago, DrumThumpnMonkey said:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

There are two key directories that I would suggest zipping up and keeping:

Campaigns

Coop

They contain your campaign and coop user date respectively.  PWCG installs will not overwrite these directories so it is not absolutely necessary to back them up before installing the new version, however, should you ever wish to do a clean install these are the directories to keep.