Sign in to follow this  
J3Hetzer

Oh, so that's the AI seeing through cover.

Ya, just had my first experience of that on the Finnish server. Hidden amongst buildings about 1km away from the enemy tank base, suddenly multiple shells start landing around me. I'm like "WTF!!!" Then boom, my tank blows up. No way for a human to be able to see me, much less machine-gun fire shells at me.

I'm done with this for now, I'll check back in six months and see if the devs have deigned to give us the $70's worth we paid for.

Edited by J3Hetzer

10 hours ago, J3Hetzer said:

I'm done with this for now, I'll check back in six months and see if the devs have deigned to give us the $70's worth we paid for.

You have to expect these sorts of things when you buy a game in the early access phase. If you can't tolerate these sorts of things, then well, wait until the game is officially released and decide then if you want to spend the money on it.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 2

It's gotten better especially snaking a round past trees or houses to take out a target.  That used to be really frustrating.  It's not perfect, but it is better.  

26 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

You have to expect these sorts of things when you buy a game in the early access phase. If you can't tolerate these sorts of things, then well, wait until the game is officially released and decided then if you want to spend the money on it.

I don't consider something as fundamental to a shooter as this to be an 'early access' issue. This is something that should never have been in, from day one. At the other end of the spectrum we have invisible planes. Fortunately nobody's reported invisible tanks yet, though the AI being able to see and shoot through forests and buildings constitutes the same effect.

Edited by J3Hetzer

Good example, pretty sure this is the same sortie as in the video @ timestamp, killed by flak 37 (8.8CM) In fact 4 of 5 times killed in his sorties in the mission he was killed by an 8.8.

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/tankman_sortie/319710/?tour=34

Edited by [CPT]Pike*HarryM
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LukeFF said:

You have to expect these sorts of things when you buy a game in the early access phase. If you can't tolerate these sorts of things, then well, wait until the game is officially released and decide then if you want to spend the money on it.

The developers lack of communication on the current state of the game and that fact a solid chunk of players focused only on the positives aspects of TC (that are few and far between right now) weren't conducive to educated buying decisions.

All their previews entries, even in early access, had a solid functional engine as their basis. The part in early access being mostly the map and the planes.

With TC it's the opposite almost, the tanks are mostly done (only 2 left) but everything else is not what you would expect after almost two years of early access.

Once again, a clear roadmap, with what has been completed, what is developed right now, and what will be in the future, would go a long way to ensure that players understand what to expect.

Edited by Saedriss
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Being sniped by a unit on the other side of a forest, completely out of visual contact is really beyond irritating.  Almost as bad as having your Tiger made combat innefectlve by a pair of infantry lmgs.

• Like 1

Right now i am also pessimistic that the devs will fix this problem. They are currently finishing TC but the current AI targeting is based on air war. It does not take obstacles into account. Rebuilding the system and involve obstacles would be a huge change. The AI would have to see contacts as we do. Every tree, brush or small house would have to take into calculation for every single vehicle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

Right now i am also pessimistic that the devs will fix this problem. They are currently finishing TC but the current AI targeting is based on air war. It does not take obstacles into account. Rebuilding the system and involve obstacles would be a huge change. The AI would have to see contacts as we do. Every tree, brush or small house would have to take into calculation for every single vehicle. 

So the air AI can see through/into clouds?

2 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

It does not take obstacles into account.

Even if these obstacles are friendly forces. In Thad's mission for the german tanks, I was destroyed twice by a StuG, when I wanted to cross the river on the bridge and the StuG wanted to shoot at an enemy on the other side of the river. In flight career missions the maybe most destroyed target are searchlights, because the AA guns shoot into the direction of enemy aircrafts, no matter if anything is between the gun and the enemy.