Sign in to follow this  
Babayega

Question on Zooming with axis on Thrustmaster Throttle

Question for those gurus in here!! There is a hand axis that is on the throttle when you grab it, pictured below. It stays centered and you can pull it right or left. I assume this was meant for quick snap views around if you dont have trackir. But, it also works well as a quick zoom with one issue. 

I have my zoom set in cockpit and saved via F10.  When I use this axis to zoom, it works great but then it re-centers back on the original zoom of the aircraft and not the saved one. I have to remap "reset zoom" to get it back to normal. 

Is there a way I can  make the centered part of this control axis the "modified default zoom" so when I release it, it re-centers but re-centers on my modified zoom that I saved?? 

thrust.jpg

Edited by Babayega

I think that's intended for rudder pedals.

I know, not an answer to your main question 🤪

Edited by pfrances

18 minutes ago, Babayega said:

Is there a way I can  make the centered part of this control axis the "modified default zoom" so when I release it, it re-centers but re-centers on my modified zoom that I saved?? 

I've tried with something similar, and I could not figure a way to do it and still keep the hat functional.

14 minutes ago, cardboard_killer said:

I've tried with something similar, and I could not figure a way to do it and still keep the hat functional.

yeah I like the axis for quick zooming. It works fantastic. But the rest back to default zoom and then clicking a button to "reset" to my modified zoom is a pain. I wish there was a way to modify the center of this axis to be "back" from center so when its released, on the axis panel, its centered to the "left" instead of dead center. 

57 minutes ago, pfrances said:

I think that's intended for rudder pedals.

I know, not an answer to your main question 🤪

I thought it could be that as well. Works great for takeoff rudder trim. I guess I will just have to map the reset zoom to the button right behind it. I wish I could calibrate it in game and pull it back slightly to call that center.