Sign in to follow this  
MidnightLightnin

Wired Headset for use with Track IR

Hi, 

Spent a few evenings reading headset reviews and came up with a shortlist of:

HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Virtual Surround

HyperX Cloud Revolver S Dolby 7.1

SteelSeries Arctis 5

All had relatively good website reviews and I was all set to get the Revolver but when I looked at Amazon reviews there were a lot of bad reviews. Similarly with the others on my list.

Just wondered if anyone could help with choosing one of these or recommend something else - I'm trying to stay within a £100 budget if possible.

I have only used £20 headsets in the past so don't have much experience in selecting.

Main tick list items are :

Must be Wired

Can attach a Track IR Pro Clip

Discord friendly - good Mic

PC Compatible - I have separate 3.5mm for speaker and Mic and also USB

It would also be nice to be able to adjust Game and Voice volumes via the headset  which I think the Arctis 7 does but not sure if the 5 also does this - but this isn't vital?

Thanks in advance.

Mid

Edited by MidnightLightnin

Hello.

I'm using one of this brand Sennheiser, wired, with no Mic, and a microphone on my desktop for the last 4-5 years. VERY HAPPY WITH IT.

You can ofcourse choose one with a microphone inclouded.

• Like 1

I use a Sennheiser as well, with mic.  Sorry, at work and can't remember the model number.  Great sound, good mic, very reliable, and comfortable to wear, and I am using the Track Clip Pro which clamps to my headset without issue.

• Like 1

I use a plantronics 3210 usb headset. It is a single side ear with a good mic. normally used for soft phones on a laptop. I run il2 out of my computer speakers and then the voice channel for discord or TS into the single ear speaker. Its very lightweight and trackir clip fits on it nicely. 

blackwire-3210-usb-a.png

• Like 1

I would be interested to know the Sennheiser models.

Using the speakers and a separate headset for voice is interesting, I have tried this in the past but team mates could hear the speakers through the mic.