Han

Developer Diary 240 - Discussion

23 hours ago, Bies said:

Most definitely. Image in Reverb is so sharp and crisp, i can tell the difference at the first glance.

I think its better with Pimax 5K as well...but so hard to quantify without a side by side & now its too late to do so...Oh well if its only Placebo effect ,I'll take it!

aagiphy.gif

• Haha 1

Excellent job. Hope this painting improvement will on a regular basis allow all planes to be retrofit.

It is an excellent strategy to have new implementations/improvements applicable to all theaters. 

This is a very strong incentive to have people buying any game they wish as they will get an up to date version. No game is old, all are brand new.

Improving the previous maps like Stalingrad, Kuban and Moscow that is maybe too time consuming. 

Speaking of textures, why are the planes so weathered and worn looking. Wouldn't they all be pretty new.. not antiques as they are now.

5 minutes ago, driftaholic said:

Speaking of textures, why are the planes so weathered and worn looking. Wouldn't they all be pretty new.. not antiques as they are now.

(1) Cheap paint. They didn't expect aircraft to be in service long,  so a durable finish wasn't needed.

(2) Tough conditions. Grit, fuel/oil spills, and a cleaning regime that probably consisted of nothing beyond a wipe down with an oily rag, except where it mattered most.

Photos of front-line aircraft often show a lot of weathering, chipped paint, exhaust stains etc. It didn't take them long to get to look like that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Nice to see the reworked skins.

Just one suggestion - now that Normandy will be next, could you please add additonal western front versions of the default skins for the German aircraft from BoM, BoS and BoK. At the moment all these skins have the yellow eastern front fuselage band that wasn't used in the west.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Is there any difference between this Mig3 4k version, made by the same designer @ICDP

1 hour ago, Dutch2 said:

Is there any difference between this Mig3 4k version, made by the same designer @ICDP

Yes, the new one has improved details and some changes to panel and rivet layout.  When I originally started doing the 4K templates I was focused on making them fit the original 2K skins.

Edited by ICDP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, driftaholic said:

Because the fellas put in charge of looking after it are not the ones who paid for it

• Haha 3