• Upvote 4

Great skinning here,

the zimmerit on this cat is awesome!

Any news on this, is it forthcoming?

Can't wait for another fur on my favorite cat🤩

kind regards

Kato

p.s.

here's another zimmerit allover pattern, note the mg34  mounted on commander's cupola.

8633cdd5230d00d66b8e15e373893599.jpg

Edited by Katowiz
  • Like 1

Thanks for the picture ! ... :good:

but at the moment I'm looking for tanks from the region

of Kursk (Zimmerit)
like this one!

Kursk.jpg

PS:   Psst! ..I still have to find my line! :russian_ru:

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I've searched the net and the archives very intensiv,

couldn't find one photo of a Panther D with Zimmerit coating related to Kursk/Citadel.

Also (almost all) drawings of camouflage patterns and tank profiles are showing the early Panther D model at Kursk without Zimmerit coating. 

Nevertheless,  here is the only one related to Citadel with Zimmerit covering the hull and the turret, but not the skirts.

regards

Kato

Kursk_PantherD1_zim.jpg

Edited by Katowiz

I have found this one but not sure if it was at Kursk

Panther D November 43 Russia.jpg

:umnik2:

Battle of Kursk:

5 July 1943 – 12 July 1943 (Northern side: 1 week)
12 July 1943 – 17 July 1943 (Southern side: 1 week and 5 days)

regards

Kato

On 2/15/2020 at 11:06 PM, Katowiz said:

I've searched the net and the archives very intensiv,

couldn't find one photo of a Panther D with Zimmerit coating related to Kursk/Citadel.

Also (almost all) drawings of camouflage patterns and tank profiles are showing the early Panther D model at Kursk without Zimmerit coating. 

Nevertheless,  here is the only one related to Citadel with Zimmerit covering the hull and the turret, but not the skirts.

regards

Kato

Kursk_PantherD1_zim.jpg

I'd beware the accuracy of this caption.  None of the Panthers at Kursk had Zimmerit.  The German army did not begin coating vehicles in Zimmerit until around November 1943, ceasing in September 1944.  The Panthers at Kursk were assigned to Panzer-Regiment 39 in two battalions: Panzer-Abteilung 51 and Panzer-Abteilung 52.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

@treverett

Hallo,

you are right.

The  2. SS Panzergrenadier Division had no Panthers at Kursk. 

And there are no photographs of any german tank type at Kursk with Zimmerit.

There are different infos about the use of Zimmerit, the earliest date is late September '43 .

That's two months after Operation Citadel.

thanks for your respond. 

On 2/18/2020 at 7:42 AM, Katowiz said:

thanks for your respond. 

Well, anyway, ...... enemy at the gates ! :russian_ru:

Panther_Zimmerit 2.jpg

Coming soon !

Panther_Zimmerit 3.jpg

Good thing the Normandy card is coming ....:yahoo: !!

K.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Another beautiful skin, great job on the Zimmerit coating. I like the detailed small damages and the weathering.

tanx a lot in advance! 

Tomi_099 said: "Good thing the Normandy card is coming ....:yahoo: !!"

That's right but the bocage landscape of the Normandy isn't a good one for (german) tanks, causing short distance action and ambush tactics.

I hope the devs will give us the Tiger II, Panther A + G, Jagdpanther, Jagdtiger, Hetzer, Firefly, M10 ... just to name a few.

Supporting Infantry Units and playable AA-vehicles for both sides are essential to bring real tactical aspects into this great sim.

Edited by Katowiz
  • Upvote 1

I hope your dream comes true!
Fat Ferdinand is still on the plan.
For me, the defs are holding back ... which is not a good sign ... either there is a complete change or ... I do not want to pronounce it. :cray:

Edited by Tomi_099

I'm patient, optimistic and willing to pay for any new extension that will come in the future.

There is a real big potential in this game to become a true battlefield sim. 

31 minutes ago, Tomi_099 said:

Fat Ferdinand is still on the plan.
For me, the defs are holding back ... which is not a good sign ... either there is a complete change or ... I do not want to pronounce it. 

The SU-152 is still missing, too. So I would not read too much into it. On a sidenote, I would take the StuG III and a M3 Lee for the Ferdinand and the SU-152 at once.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Befehlspanzer V ausf D ,
Pz.Rgt. Stab, SS-Pz.Rgt.1,
Normandie - Juli - 1944

SS-Pz.Rgt.1 a.jpg

Mein First Tank Commander test

Spoiler

Comm1.jpg

Spoiler

Commander.jpg

SS-Pz.Rgt.1 c.jpg

SS-Pz.Rgt.1 b.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Contains 3 variants / Packed for JSGME

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a2sv400fcfrs6vz/SS-Pz.Rgt.1_Panther.zip/file

Mein Tank Commander  :good:

Spoiler

Comm2.jpg

Enjoy the ... DetCord12B mod ..a nice project

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Almost forgot ... my new challenge

Winter camouflage ... the first pictures ... still in progress!

A1A.jpg

B1.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

KAMPF GRUPPE KÄTHER 1945 / BERLIN

Updated on : 21.03.20

Panther ausf.G Kampf Gruppe Kather, Berlin Area, last days of war

In progress

If you want to support this work. Please send me pictures or sketches of this group because there is
hardly any material available..

Thanks in advance! :thank_you:

Spoiler

20200321053538_1.jpg

Spoiler

20200321053754_1.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 1

A decent Zimmerit look you achieve with editing the Bump Map of a skin, I did some custom waffle type Skins for FH2 Mod.

The Bumpmap if added properly Zimmerit look will then add the needed depth and highlights according ingame Lightmap.

The skin remains flat, not necessary to draw shadows on it, that's the job of the Bump Map then.

I looked up the Root Folder and found none, except for Planes.

big.jpg

Anyway, Bump or not, nice work on these

Best wishes

Knoch

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Knochenlutscher said:

A decent Zimmerit look you achieve with editing the Bump Map of a skin, I did some custom waffle type Skins for FH2 Mod.

The Bumpmap if added properly Zimmerit look will then add the needed depth and highlights according ingame Lightmap.

The skin remains flat, not necessary to draw shadows on it, that's the job of the Bump Map then.

I looked up the Root Folder and found none, except for Planes.

Anyway, Bump or not, nice work on these

Best wishes

Knoch

...Thanks for your info ...:good:

I am trying to project the bump map onto the skin without creating a bump map/normal map  separately.

Because I think that users do not want to bother with each new plane or tank,

separately the bump map want to put in right folder. :russian_ru:

Of course you go through the original bump map, which lost 8o% of the effect because it prioritized.

Edited by Tomi_099

Posted (edited)

Panters crew !

The discipline leaves.. the guys with long hair after today.  :crazy:

And in the cold, a winter jacket should protect the crew!  :russian_ru:

And finally two new faces! :tease:

Spoiler

WC5.jpg

WC.jpg

WC2.jpg

WC3.jpg

WC4.jpg

PS:  Work in progress ! .. some seams from the jacket should be improved

Spoiler

WC1.jpg

PS:  Do we have a chance to get winter clothing or will we freeze to death like in Stalingrad!  :russian_ru:

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

You do amazing work Tomi. Much appreciated as it adds so much to this game!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, HylaHyla said:

You do amazing work Tomi. Much appreciated as it adds so much to this game!

My friend .. Corona is a virus ...:crazy:

but this game .. here is much worse than a virus ...

and if I show you now that I only dealt with the tank chains today

you will say that is crazy.

But the authenticity of the chains disturbed me so much ... that I made it today .. so I think I made a breakthrough ..:russian_ru:

20200508034531_1.jpg

20200508034711_1.jpg

20200508040235_1.jpg

20200508040310_1.jpg

20200508041020_1.jpg

20200508041037_1.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

AMAZING!  That is beautiful work.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Winter uniform!

My best result to date .. The winter uniform is really demanding.
because the polegons are missing!

B1.jpg

B3.jpg

B4.jpg

B5.jpg

B7.jpg

Love the Tank from DetCord 12B .. Nice work! :good:

B9.jpg

B1A.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I am thrilled with RO2 (I believe it was commanded by the famous Max Wunsche).  Thank you.

Hi everyone,

just a question, maybe i' stupid, but, where can we download this skin?

Kursk.jpg

and this too?

A1A.jpg

Posted (edited)

LAST PANTHER

Pz.Kpfw V,     Berlin Defense,  April 1945

Unit unknown

A1.jpg

B3.jpg

Update; 08.10.2020

DOWNLOAD

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywm86wcpxxqpxg4/%23_Pz.Kpfw_V%2C_Berlin_Defense%2C__April_1945_.zip/file

A3.jpg

... ART ....

Pz.Kpfw.V ART.jpg

B1.jpg

Pz.Kpfw.V -.jpg

B5.jpg

B4.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I love your artwork which is outstanding.:yahoo:

Not so sure about your monitor calibration though... :blush:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I must say agree with Flowbee here. They are a work of art really, but I've usually at least de-saturated / de-glossified the colors before putting them to use. At least in my setup.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hanu said:

I must say agree with Flowbee here. They are a work of art really, but I've usually at least de-saturated / de-glossified the colors before putting them to use. At least in my setup.

This is my Setup for BOS

The colors come out stronger and the reflections with my GTX 1070 :russian_ru:

Actuell

Setup_Neu.thumb.jpg.e775e3b7b049b61cb4539a4c1c373373.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099

The il2 settings, apart from Gamma, have no part to play in colour reproduction.

Try calibrating your monitor. There are online free to use calibrator wizards available. Also I find it is helpful to use an ipad which has really good colour reproduction to check how things look outside of what it looks like on your pc display. The windows supplied wallpapers can help you tune your display as they are designed and adjusted to look good across millions of pc's around the world. Many factors are also in play such as personal preference and even your own eyes.

Don't you find that other peoples screenshots look washed out on your display? Are you using the Nvidia control panel to tune your display? What about the software you use for skinning? Are the colour profiles set up correctly? Unfortunately I am no expert in this. At the moment I have to take your colour layer and then adjust brightness up 20% then turn down contrast about the same and then go to work on the alpha layer to set the reflections. Only 3 of us have mentioned this so I have no idea what others are seeing. Maybe HDR, which I don't have on my 3D display, also plays a part so that others aren't affected.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful. Maybe I could add some screenshots for you to compare. GL!

• Upvote 1

...Very interesting topic .. I have unfortunately never disagreed with that.
I think the monitors are also very important.
Hm .. maybe an online assessment would be interesting .. so you could see how the others see it!
Great ! :good:

That is quite simply an outstanding Panther. I agree the monitor is very important. I always compared by laptop screen picture and with my cellphone picture. I just think my cellphone is much better but made peace with it and stopped fiddling. I just see it as 2 different devices now. I also had to replace my laptop screen recently and suddenly your viewing angle also plays a role. (I just think the standard of the new screen is not the same as previous.)

I also went up from balanced to high and could swear that colours improved.

One can tinker with everything, but I accept now (good but could be better) what I have and focus on other stuff.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, SMARTAZZ said:

Uh, first want to say I am a very big admirer of OPs work, he makes stunning work, including this a bit overtoned camouflage. But this picture here with the words "look good in the snow" makes my eyes bleed blood. If a tank was like that in real the first thing to do was put the whole crew to fix camouflage by all means, even by smearing it with water and snow and let it freeze. The last thing you want as a tanker is that your tank stands clearly out. Can you spot anything else than a tank in that picture if you glance the picture? The picture yells TANK HERE.

Below is authentic quick fix to the tank above. It may look like a mess, but as you can see that even if the tank is on the foreground and a major object, bigger than anything else except trees and almost 1/3 of the picture area, it make a very good job in blending into the surroundings. It does not yell "TANK HERE".

winter1.jpg

Hopefully the OP get some inspiration of that battle scarred veteran tanker's tank camouflage.

Edit: Link to the site where the picture is since a very good site. https://mistertretiakpresents.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/world-war-2-german-camouflage-and-tactical-markings-part-i/

Edited by messsucher
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Thanks!
Yep! this tank is on my work list!   :good:

Spoiler

winter1.jpg

...................................................................................................................

On 10/1/2020 at 10:45 AM, Hanu said:

Yes !
I have to admit that the first picture above ..

would have been slightly sharpened by me .. probably the shiny effect that will be enhanced.

I will take your advice .. and put the seturatio  down a little bit  .

Thanks for yor comment !  :good:

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, messsucher said:

Uh, first want to say I am a very big admirer of OPs work, he makes stunning work, including this a bit overtoned camouflage. But this picture here with the words "look good in the snow" makes my eyes bleed blood. If a tank was like that in real the first thing to do was put the whole crew to fix camouflage by all means, even by smearing it with water and snow and let it freeze. The last thing you want as a tanker is that your tank stands clearly out. Can you spot anything else than a tank in that picture if you glance the picture? The picture yells TANK HERE.

Below is authentic quick fix to the tank above. It may look like a mess, but as you can see that even if the tank is on the foreground and a major object, bigger than anything else except trees and almost 1/3 of the picture area, it make a very good job in blending into the surroundings. It does not yell "TANK HERE".

winter1.jpg

Hopefully the OP get some inspiration of that battle scarred veteran tanker's tank camouflage.

Edit: Link to the site where the picture is since a very good site. https://mistertretiakpresents.wordpress.com/2015/03/09/world-war-2-german-camouflage-and-tactical-markings-part-i/

I just was using it in a quick mission in the snow and thought it was a nice looking tank.  But as this picture shows , not always white washed in snow, I was not trying to hide just checking out the new skin and acknowledging Tomi for his efforts and work.9c7a83ee9c87f0f11b8f63f120ef395d.thumb.jpg.2ed99a1517ef269e3610c3c7210ed06c.jpg

6 minutes ago, SMARTAZZ said:

I just was using it in a quick mission in the snow and thought it was a nice looking tank.  But as this picture shows , not always white washed in snow, I was not trying to hide just checking out the new skin and acknowledging Tomi for his efforts and work.9c7a83ee9c87f0f11b8f63f120ef395d.thumb.jpg.2ed99a1517ef269e3610c3c7210ed06c.jpg

Yeah, you did nothing wrong, I over reacted in that, and realized it too, but could not let it go without giving a small lecture.

• Haha 1

No sweat!  But you gotta love those King Tigers! No wonder they weren't trying to hide eh?😁

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Kampfgruppe  Käther                                           

( Reichsverteidigung )

location

Berlín 22 April 1945

MODERATE VERSION

Obstlt.Ernst Käther

I found one ..  original picture .. and changed an old version of my tank!...    look in Spoiler 

Some things still need to be fixed
but I didn't want to reserve it for you.

KG_Käther b.jpg

KG_Käther f.jpg

KG_Käther e.jpg

KG_Käther c.jpg

HISTORIK VERSION

Spoiler

324_ 1535 × 3436.jpg

Spoiler

KG_Käther 2.jpg

Spoiler

KG_Käther a.jpg

Spoiler