Sign in to follow this  
LLv34_Flanker

MFG Crosswind V2 pedals

S!

Got them today via DHL courier. Unpacking was a bit of a fight against 3 curious cats wanting the box! 😄 Assembly straightforward per instructions.  Adjusted the pedal angles to my liking and connected to the computer. Calibration done easily with the program that I downloaded from MFG website. Used the supplied CAM 5. CAM 6 was also included, but prefer to have no center notch. Brake axis spring was good so did not adjust, tightened the yaw axis spring a bit. Very nice feel and smooth movement, totally different from previous CH ProPedals.

Then to IL-2 and DCS. Re-mapped just in case the toe brakes and yaw axis, slight curvature too. Precision of the pedals really make a difference, so much easier to control the yaw and brakes. Legs are more spread out than on CH pedals, which gives a more relaxed position and room for the Baur stick. Also adjusted foot rests to point a bit outward and now I can sit as I prefer. Helped to get a lot smoother input.

In both sims these pedals worked like a charm. I like a lot! Can recommend easily to anyone looking for a quality upgrade in pedals. Price is not too high either and delivery fast.

Rating: 5/5

IMG-20200211-WA0018.jpeg

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Great you are happy with MFG, I'm waiting for my CH propedals repelent  but instated of risk free desision on Milan's I went with Slaw Devices - RX Viper v2. I hope to gain more gunnery accuracy in rotary driven airplanes ;)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

...Used the supplied CAM 5. CAM 6 was also included, but prefer to have no center notch. ...

I was using CAM 6 but I found the center detent too jarring so I changed to CAM 4. My pedals have a much smoother transition now.

Welcome to rudder pedal heaven.

• Thanks 1

I've had mine for Years  ( SN 0067) and never had any issue with them, still just as precise as when they were new!

I would probably trade off the wife before my MFG pedals 😃

• Haha 1

Same here, had mine for a few years(SN 0150), no issues at all, very smooth and precise.

Wouldn't trade my wife off as she's the one who keeps buying me flight sim gear😁

• Haha 1

I've been using the CH pedals for the last couple years and recently started looking to replace them - they are not as smooth as I'd like and the hard detente in the middle makes it tricky to make precise movements. I've been looking at these for awhile, trying to decide between them and the VKB T-rudders. For me with the exchange rates I deal with and shipping costs, they both end up being roughly the same price, within say about $50.00.

It's all a bit moot as the money I had set aside for them had to go somewhere else. C'est la vie. At least I can dream! Glad they are working for you!

S!

@RedKestrel They are worth every penny, believe me. Precision is amazing and I haven´t even gone deeper into adjusting things. Just calibrated and off flying :) Some have opened the CH pedals and sanded the detent to be less clunky.While I got used the center on them what bothered most was that feet were so close to each other. Separation is like 10cm or so? On the MFG pedals it is some 30cm which is a lot better, legs rest more relaxed on the pedals. So if ever pondering to get MFG pedals, I can recommend them. Virpil ain´t bad either. 

5 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

@RedKestrel They are worth every penny, believe me. Precision is amazing and I haven´t even gone deeper into adjusting things. Just calibrated and off flying :) Some have opened the CH pedals and sanded the detent to be less clunky.While I got used the center on them what bothered most was that feet were so close to each other. Separation is like 10cm or so? On the MFG pedals it is some 30cm which is a lot better, legs rest more relaxed on the pedals. So if ever pondering to get MFG pedals, I can recommend them. Virpil ain´t bad either. 

I have thought of taking the pedals apart and modding them to sand down the detente, but I'm worried that if I were to screw something up I would have no pedals at all. Without some kind of back up cash reserve to buy new ones in case I break them, I'm just better off saving until I can afford the upgrade.

S!

Not much you can break inside them. Easy to disassemble and put back together. At the same time you can check the wiring.