Sign in to follow this  
J3Hetzer

Deficiency of information?

Possibly I'm missing something but H brings up the HUD, I switches crew-station info on and off, M does mini-map size/on/off. The driver HUD gives a lot of info, the gunner HUD gives zero info on what ammo and quantity remaining etc. Is there a key to increase the amount of info or is it a WIP?

The method of switching ammo is a proper CF. I think a bunch of stuff is broken too. My gun switches to HE by itself, leading me to think the AP has run out, then dialling in range on the optic seems to make it switch back to a different type of AP. Unlike a real crew I don't have a clue what ammo is onboard (regardless of what was there at setup) or a coherent way to select and load the type I want.

Hopefully this stuff is going to improve (or even better, I'm being an idiot and missing something). 

I have no problems whatsoever with loadout and changing ammo type.

Select the ammo and how much you want like you would normally do for planes in the Loadout selection menue.

Then, when you change ammo type, you usually see it indicated at the bottom bar as well as the loader telling you, which type of ammo is in your gun.

Switching ammo type is also straight forward. By pressing RAlt+G, you go simply go one step down in the list. APHE is on top, then (maybe) HE, APCR and HEAT. (Check the list to see which one comes after)

Edited by VSN_Razor

HE is the last in line. BTW, the loader should tell for each round, when it is loaded and what he did load, not only when you change the ammunition type.

1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

My gun switches to HE by itself, leading me to think the AP has run out, then dialling in range on the optic seems to make it switch back to a different type of AP.

Did you activate Autopilot, so your AI gunner acts on his own?

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

HE is the last in line. BTW, the loader should tell for each round, when it is loaded and what he did load, not only when you change the ammunition type.

Did you activate Autopilot, so your AI gunner acts on his own?

I have no idea, stuff happens randomly at the moment, I suspect due to me having too little time on it. But stuff is definitely broken, like the Enter key bringing up that schematic box that shows all the tank's components. Usually hitting Enter again makes it go away but sometimes it doesn't. Other times it goes away but then I can't stop the tank moving forward unless I turn off the engine.

It's not broken. Might be difficult but not broken.

Make sure the mouse is off the schematics when pressing "Enter"

If you bring anything up, map, stats, Enter while pressing a key, it will lock the key UNTIL you press it again. Then it will be unlocked and everything is fine. This way, you can also get a "cruise" control.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, J3Hetzer said:

. . . . . , like the Enter key bringing up that schematic box that shows all the tank's components. Usually hitting Enter again makes it go away but sometimes it doesn't. Other times it goes away but then I can't stop the tank moving forward unless I turn off the engine.

I'm experiencing these same issues. The "o" map command can also get you stuck in forward.

I chalk it up to early access and trust in the devs to make it right eventually.

1 minute ago, VSN_Razor said:

If you bring anything up, map, stats, Enter while pressing a key, it will lock the key UNTIL you press it again. Then it will be unlocked and everything is fine. This way, you can also get a "cruise" control.

That is definitely not true. For me, when it's stuck, it's perma-stuck. Nothing short of exit and restart mission will make it go away.

11 minutes ago, VSN_Razor said:

It has never been perma-stuck for me, and I use it all the time to drive long distances.

Yeh, I gather there is inconsistent behavior as I have brought this up before. I will also add that it doesn't always stick on. I can't plan to leave "cruise-control" on by holding forward then hitting "o" because it only happens 1% of the time.

But when it does happen, perma-stuck :(

I've now noticed that in MP servers I see shells in the HUD (type and quantity) but in SP I don't. What am I missing guys?

22 minutes ago, J3Hetzer said:

I've now noticed that in MP servers I see shells in the HUD (type and quantity) but in SP I don't. What am I missing guys?

Enable instrument panel in realism settings. Pressing H or I button will toggle it on/off.

1 hour ago, LLv24_Sukka24 said:

Enable instrument panel in realism settings. Pressing H or I button will toggle it on/off.

It is enabled. On the Finnish server just now I'm not seeing shells in the HUD. Offline I don't see them. On the E Server I do see them (but not sure if it was on all maps). I guess something's broken then.

This is what I get as driver. When the shells are showing I see them (approx.) somewhere between the fuel gauge and gearbox shifter pattern. In any other station I see only as far as the speed readout followed by the position name (gunner, commander or bowgunner).

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2020.02.12 - 15.06.45.08.png

Edited by J3Hetzer

17 hours ago, pfrances said:

Yeh, I gather there is inconsistent behavior as I have brought this up before.

It is consistent. If you press „forward“ snd keep it pressed, then both „Enter“ and „o“ will make the throttle stuck. You can take the finger of the „uparrow“ key and the tank will drive on as „uparrow“ would be depressed. By toggling off command line/status by clicking as well as leaving map view by clicking „o“ again, the tank will keep on going until you hit „uparrow“ again.

This works with „down arrow“ (reverse) or „side arrow“ (turn) as well. Toggling status or map while maneuvering the tank will thus have some effect.

It is consistent snd it works. It would be a pain if one couldn‘t set the „speed control“.

Looks like it's a server-side setting that you don't see your shells, and those grey icons are rearm, refuel and repair icons and you need to have specific trucks in mission to use those, i've never used the RRR function in this game yet.

1 minute ago, LLv24_Sukka24 said:

Looks like it's a server-side setting that you don't see your shells, and those grey icons are rearm, refuel and repair icons and you need to have specific trucks in mission to use those, i've never used the RRR function in this game yet.

Shouldn't the shells be visible offline in that case?

1 hour ago, ZachariasX said:

It is consistent. If you press „forward“ snd keep it pressed, then both „Enter“ and „o“ will make the throttle stuck. You can take the finger of the „uparrow“ key and the tank will drive on as „uparrow“ would be depressed. By toggling off command line/status by clicking as well as leaving map view by clicking „o“ again, the tank will keep on going until you hit „uparrow“ again.

This works with „down arrow“ (reverse) or „side arrow“ (turn) as well. Toggling status or map while maneuvering the tank will thus have some effect.

It is consistent snd it works. It would be a pain if one couldn‘t set the „speed control“.

You can, I can't.

If you read my post, I specifically state that what others are reporting is not happening on my computer. At best 1% of the time it gets stuck in forward, reverse, left, right . . . . then it is permanently stuck.

Again. Not saying yours is doing that, but mine is.

1 hour ago, pfrances said:

You can, I can't.

If you read my post, I specifically state that what others are reporting is not happening on my computer. At best 1% of the time it gets stuck in forward, reverse, left, right . . . . then it is permanently stuck.

Again. Not saying yours is doing that, but mine is.

I did read your post. Still, as you put it it still didn‘t rule out the obvious, which accounts to what feels like 90% of problems voiced in the fora. But like this, it is obvious that there is something wrong in one way or the other on your end.

Does it happen with different keyboards as well? Or when plugged in different USB plugs?

20 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

I did read your post. Still, as you put it it still didn‘t rule out the obvious, which accounts to what feels like 90% of problems voiced in the fora. But like this, it is obvious that there is something wrong in one way or the other on your end.

Does it happen with different keyboards as well? Or when plugged in different USB plugs?

Yup, multiple keyboards, multiple ports, I've been trying to solve this for a while, always assuming it was on my end...... Regardless, it feels a bit pedantic to be discussing the finicky details when this is clearly a bug in the game. Who designs a UI where you set input-lock based on opening a map or a chat window? It is extremely hard to accept that this was an intentional design decision and I expect it will be rectified before final release.

• Like 1

I got stuck in reverse after using the enter key to lock forward; after five minutes of messing around trying to clear it I found turning in reverse untangled the gearbox and forward worked again.

Edited by J3Hetzer

This was on the E-server last night. I cannot understand why this would be a server-setting, but if it is why does the ammo info not appear offline? As I understand it, all stuff appears as default offline but can be restricted online for realism purposes etc.

ammo.jpg

1 hour ago, J3Hetzer said:

but if it is why does the ammo info not appear offline?

For me it appears offline, when I activate the Instrument panel in the Realism settings and activate the Instrument panel in the HUD with the key 'I'.

1 hour ago, Yogiflight said:

For me it appears offline, when I activate the Instrument panel in the Realism settings and activate the Instrument panel in the HUD with the key 'I'.

That works for me for all the bits except shells and MG.

I tried 'jiggling the code' by switching off instruments in settings, exiting and restarting the game. No instruments. Back to settings, re-enabled instruments, still no shells. I've also noticed that M no longer cycles the minimap, it doesn't show at all any more (it's set to "compact" in the settings). 

Edited by J3Hetzer

I've never NOT seen my load-out info in game. This is a curious behavior......realism settings maybe?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pfrances said:

I've never NOT seen my load-out info in game. This is a curious behavior......realism settings maybe?

I played with those, currently all I have enabled there are warmed engines and nav markers. I went to steam to verify files until I remembered I bought all my packs direct. Lol.

Edited by J3Hetzer