Jump to content
il2crashesnfails

ju-88 more prone to fires then he-111?

Recommended Posts

I have been flying the ju-88 abit lately. I find it tends to catch fire easier then the he111.

It seems less durable then the he-111. Also, it seems less stable then the he-111 when at slower speeds. Particularly landing.  Overall I find it harder to land then the 111.

 

as for pros it seems alot faster and agile at faster speeds. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, il2crashesnfails said:

I have been flying the ju-88 abit lately.

 

You Australian people are gorgeous - absolutely "painless" it seems... ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He-111 is a far superior Wing and Plane (flying wise) 
88 is heavy and stalls like a pig and weak gear. 

Only upside to ju88 is slightly faster and Dive brakes. 
Otherwise its horrible, worse gunners, weaker FM easier to snap a wing. 

For Clarity of context i have more than enough hours in both to compare them properly
800 Hours in HE-111 
400 Hours in JU-88
And done dive bombing and level bombing in both. (well shallow dive bombing in he111 like they did in stalingrad IRL)

He-111 Min landing speed (95-85kph) (empty)
JU-88 min landing speed (165-180kph) (empty)

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess you are looking very much forward to finally be able to fly the C6, once it is released, right?:crazy:

Edited by Yogiflight
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH i have moved onto the BF-110 for most of my ground killing. 

but if i have to by mission design then i do like the ju88. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crash n Fail,

 

Wonderfully horrible video.  A bit like a watching a gruesome nature documentary as the lions pull down and pile onto some poor wildebeest.

You had some nice saves. Groaned when you were almost there and the wing burned through or couldn't quite clear the vertical lumber.

My favourite was skipping the 88 across the river like a stone and parking it perfectly on the beach opposite. Just before you edited the cut, one could hear the bullets thpp, thpping into the sand. I am really impressed by the soundscape. Did you goose of the sound FX or were they all in-game? The rattling metal bits, the engines winding down and the aircraft in distress contributed immensely to the atmospherics. Thanks for sharing. (Make another...)

 

Flying Colander

 

Post Script: The Devs have much bigger fish to fry but I hope one day we'll see the canopies being mashed instead of the crews coasting across snowfields and plowed fields with a cup of cha balanced on their knees. More realism without more gore, of course.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies and Gentlemen. A warning. To climb into a flying machine with this man at the helm is undoubtedly courting near-certain death and even that in a horrible and bloody way!!

:umnik2:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

88 is heavy and stalls like a pig and weak gear. 
 

 I agree especially about the weak gear. The he-111 gear seems way more stout then the 88. 

 

7 hours ago, Flying_Colander said:

. I am really impressed by the soundscape. Did you goose of the sound FX or were they all in-game?

 

No that was all in game. I really like what the devs have done with the sound. I also like hearing the dogs barking when you land in a small village XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, il2crashesnfails said:

I also like hearing the dogs barking when you land in a small village

And YOU would know!! ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He-111 Landing gear is actually stronger than the plane. 

It gets damaged at 550-600kph while the plane is often damaged 530-550. 

If you are diving out of control and trying to recover Drop the gear even at 500 kph it helps roll wings level 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

He-111 Landing gear is actually stronger than the plane. 

It gets damaged at 550-600kph while the plane is often damaged 530-550. 

If you are diving out of control and trying to recover Drop the gear even at 500 kph it helps roll wings level 

 

 

Didn't know you could drop them that fast. Good to know. I have tried dropping the landing gear of a 109 around that speed and they get stuck half way. 

To me its very noticeable how strong the he-111 gear is when landing on dirt strips or bumpy ground. The 88 on the other hand folds like a cheap suit same with the bf110. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet IRL JU88 had very strong gear as it was designed to land anywhere ..

In here they been weak/bugged since release. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/14/2020 at 1:02 AM, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

Yet IRL JU88 had very strong gear as it was designed to land anywhere ..

In here they been weak/bugged since release. 

 

 

I also noticed the time it takes for the wheels to extend seems to me to take ages, when compared to he-111. 

Do you know if this is accurate for the ju-88? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure if the exact time is accurate but yes ju88 wheels took a long time IRL.

AFAIK JU88 gear were Extended with Hydraulic pressure and held there with locks.
Then retracted with same ram.

He-111 were Extended with gravity and gear drive and held there with locks then retracted with hydraulics.
 

BF110 Gear Hold up well over 450-550kph say in you diving on high speed final.

The noise you hear is only the gear doors falling off (clam shells) 
Then many think the gear is gone and land hard braking the intact gear :D 

BF110 (1200-1500 hours) 

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 6:08 AM, il2crashesnfails said:

I have been flying the ju-88 abit lately. I find it tends to catch fire easier then the he111

 

In your video I noticed that you're getting shot at by P-40E's...who's .50" cal ammo are the best firelighters in the game at this point, so that might be a factor.

 

Also no He-111 for comparison, why not? It'd be interesting to see the difference back to back and then try with different fighters, then different ammo belting. A small caliber AP round armed fighter and say a 37mm LaGG-3 or P-39 once with AP then again with HE.

 

I bet it doesn't get the chance to catch fire with a few well placed 37mm HE rounds :biggrin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2020 at 11:22 PM, Pict said:

 

In your video I noticed that you're getting shot at by P-40E's...who's .50" cal ammo are the best firelighters in the game at this point, so that might be a factor.

 

Also no He-111 for comparison, why not? It'd be interesting to see the difference back to back and then try with different fighters, then different ammo belting. A small caliber AP round armed fighter and say a 37mm LaGG-3 or P-39 once with AP then again with HE.

 

I bet it doesn't get the chance to catch fire with a few well placed 37mm HE rounds :biggrin:

 

I actually just got the P-40 and  you are right the 50 cals are fire starters for sure. 

 

On 2/18/2020 at 10:06 PM, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

not sure if the exact time is accurate but yes ju88 wheels took a long time IRL.

AFAIK JU88 gear were Extended with Hydraulic pressure and held there with locks.
Then retracted with same ram.

He-111 were Extended with gravity and gear drive and held there with locks then retracted with hydraulics.
 

BF110 Gear Hold up well over 450-550kph say in you diving on high speed final.

The noise you hear is only the gear doors falling off (clam shells) 
Then many think the gear is gone and land hard braking the intact gear 😄

BF110 (1200-1500 hours) 

 

Usually in a he-111 if there is an emergency I dont worry about gear and lower it at the last second. However, with the ju-88 I always tend to lower them quickly if I want to actually land in a pinch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, il2crashesnfails said:

I actually just got the P-40 and  you are right the 50 cals are fire starters for sure.

... and which strange and wonderfully unusual areas are you going to be trying to land in THIS one then? :popcorm:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even I like more the beauty he 111 I have to deffend the Ju88 a little bit

Yes the plane is weaker and prone to fires but the gunenrs are quite good compare to the 111 (at least the H6. H16 has better gunners)

That is because the plane is faster so the enemy aproach speed is slower so the gunners have more time to aim and to become snipers. That is quite important factor now on the game. On a Ju88 if you are attacked you can start a shallow dive on 500kph and is very difficult for any plane to get close without being hit doing that. Of course if he is a suicidal he will got you at any cost but on the He111 you are a duck if the enemy makes boom and zoom to you.

 

 On the flight caracteristics the weight affects a lot more the Ju88.  Try to fly the plane just with 1000kg bomb load instead of 2000 and you will see how it changes how good it climbs etc. Winter maps also makes a big difference. 

The different bomb configurations it has is also great for Jabo attacks, columns, killing the last remains on a big target with precise singel drops etc. 

Is a very good plane for this role with double the capacity of a 110. And the 50kg load on a column that is on a straight road is deadly. 

On the other hand for level bombing I enjoy more the He111 just because has great visibility is easy and enjoyable to fly and is a beauty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Even I like more the beauty he 111 I have to deffend the Ju88 a little bit

Yes the plane is weaker and prone to fires but the gunenrs are quite good compare to the 111 (at least the H6. H16 has better gunners)

That is because the plane is faster so the enemy aproach speed is slower so the gunners have more time to aim and to become snipers. That is quite important factor now on the game. On a Ju88 if you are attacked you can start a shallow dive on 500kph and is very difficult for any plane to get close without being hit doing that. Of course if he is a suicidal he will got you at any cost but on the He111 you are a duck if the enemy makes boom and zoom to you.

 

 On the flight caracteristics the weight affects a lot more the Ju88.  Try to fly the plane just with 1000kg bomb load instead of 2000 and you will see how it changes how good it climbs etc. Winter maps also makes a big difference. 

The different bomb configurations it has is also great for Jabo attacks, columns, killing the last remains on a big target with precise singel drops etc. 

Is a very good plane for this role with double the capacity of a 110. And the 50kg load on a column that is on a straight road is deadly. 

On the other hand for level bombing I enjoy more the He111 just because has great visibility is easy and enjoyable to fly and is a beauty!

 

The 88 is not only faster, it has better climb rate as well. Also the max. continuous speed (RPM) of the engines is as high as the max. combat speed in the Heinkel (is that a bug?) so you have a lot more power on continuous mode, especially at high altitude. A clean 88 can do ~370 km/h indicated speed at 6 km altitude on continuous engine mode. That doesn't leave a lot of speed margin for the allied fighters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...