Flight School Campaigns (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish)

Utopioneer

• 4 weeks later...

This is insanely useful for those of us starting out.  I did a Career, died on mission 7 (awoke from unconsciousness with 2 seconds, just enough time to scream before slamming into ground at 450kph haha) .  But that amazing experience of taking off and landing 6 times in "combat"  conditions got me HOOKED.  I had bookmarked these and now ready to branch out, do more diverse careers than a yak-7, scripted campaigns, and maybe even drop a bomb!  I cant thank you enough, and shout-out to Requiem for his vids, discord, and patreon. 

IL-2 community rules, cannot wait to slam into the ground at450kph screaming in terror in a 109 G-4!  haha

Screng

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi,

thanks to utopioneer for this great work 👍

yesterday i wanted to start my first lesson on a G-6. It seemed to work. Also flying was no problem. But i couldn´t receive anny messages, instruction or a description before flight. Could just read who the german translater was. I guess this isn´t right?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for these campaigns!! 
One thing that would be helpful is more "per plane" tips in the mission briefing. E.g. for Yak, stay below 3k for dogfight... Chucks guide recommended settings... etc.

Also would love some more detailed explanation of landing approach and formation flying with tips on adjusting speed, e.g. side slipping, micro adjust throttle (stating that effect on speed will be on a delay), etc.

I am a newbie so wouldn't be the best at this, but if someone could write this content it would be great! Condense some forum wisdom into the campaign itself.

derrick263

Really appreciated. Great work. The briefing write-ups are very helpful!

@Utopioneer Potential bug for you. When I try to load the Yak-9T campaign it wants me to buy the standard Yak-9 s.1. (I only have the 9T purchased and not the Yak-9.)

Thanks for this great resource!

Any idea why i can not start any of these?

Not as campaign and not as missions.

When i click on "start mission" it simply jumps back to mission selection.

Same when i want to start the Flight School as a campaign.

• 2 months later...
pabletesoy

Hello,

I can,t find the targets in the Bomber Attack mission of the La-5 Series 8.....any idea? thanks!!!

Sorry, I was wrong...I found it!!

First post in this forum 🙂

I´m VERY new to IL-2 and i want to thank Utopioneer for these missions. Great help for beginners like me.

And i want to thank Beebop for his guide how to resave the missions cause since the last update the Me 109-F4 did not work any longer.

Now it´s fine again and i can continue with my first little steps in this game.

Uhh i nearly forgot. Have to thank the guy´s who did the localization, too. 

AlexJacobs

Hello, 

That looks fantastic and I'm dying to use this tutorial, but the problem is that whenever I select a mission it gets stuck on loading the description. Can you tell me how I can fix that?

EDIT: deleted the .msbin files, works great. No need to answer my post, thanks

However, I deleted the .msbin for the Campaign and nothing appears at all. Can you help me? Thanks!

EDIT: found the solution too:-) Nevermind me

image.png

Edited by AlexJacobs
Found the solution

animalmother919
On 4/25/2021 at 4:01 AM, AlexJacobs said:

Hello, 

That looks fantastic and I'm dying to use this tutorial, but the problem is that whenever I select a mission it gets stuck on loading the description. Can you tell me how I can fix that?

EDIT: deleted the .msbin files, works great. No need to answer my post, thanks

However, I deleted the .msbin for the Campaign and nothing appears at all. Can you help me? Thanks!

EDIT: found the solution too:-) Nevermind me

image.png

Hey can you explain what you did to get the campaigns to work? I am having the exact same problem lol

arvigna

this is because of the last update, you have to use resaver.

I can't find the link that explains ... sorry.

Edited by arvigna

AlexJacobs
On 4/26/2021 at 9:23 PM, animalmother919 said:

Hey can you explain what you did to get the campaigns to work? I am having the exact same problem lol

Hello Animal Mother:

-Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\editor\STEditor

-When there, go to Tools\Convert Missions to Binary in Folder\ and select the campaign folder.

Worked fine for me

• Thanks 1

King_Franky

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your explanation.

Do I need to select just the "Campaigns" folder, or needs this to be done to every single campaign extra?

image.png.cd37ab61ded8e652c9c7486536c9e99e.png

Edited by King_Franky

Johnny_Dioxin

I found that when I do the campaign or missions folder as a whole, although it takes a long time to finish (about 45 minutes for me) the campaign missions still didn't work. So I'm currently doing each Campaign folder at a time. For flight school ones it goes pretty quick for each folder - but doing the lot takes quite a while in total.

I wanted to ask @Utopioneer if there's any chance of a Hurricane II flight school campaign, please?

Edited by Johnny_Dioxin
  • Upvote 1

AlexJacobs
On 4/30/2021 at 9:25 AM, King_Franky said:

Hello Alex,

Thank you for your explanation.

Do I need to select just the "Campaigns" folder, or needs this to be done to every single campaign extra?

image.png.cd37ab61ded8e652c9c7486536c9e99e.png

Just the campaign will do after you displaced all your mission files into it

Utopioneer

Hey all sorry for the slow response to this, I've been without my PC for the past 4 months and thankfully just got back set up. As you've discovered, after a recent update the files need to be rebuilt and reuploaded. I'm going to try to get to that by the end of the weekend, and I'll update you all here when I've done so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

MisloadedRatchet3Stix

how do i load the key bindings for the specific planes???

Beebop

You can't set up different keybinds for different planes.  You can only set up once for all planes.

You would have to go in and reset everytime you changed planes if you wanted specific setups.

MisloadedRatchet3Stix

cant wait for the new versions to get done. i found you campaigns only last night and am so happy for the help. was so releived to read you were redoing them this weekend, thank you

• Like 1

Utopioneer

All campaigns were rebuilt and reuploaded, including the full pack. Note that I changed slightly how these are being zipped up, so there's no longer a subfolder within the zip. I updated instructions for installation so if you've already installed some and built a habit of installing a certain way you may need to revisit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

MisloadedRatchet3Stix

YEAH THEY WORK! Too Cool! Thank You

Thirith

Thanks - I'm new to the game (though I played a bit of IL1946 back in the day - though always just relatively casually), so this is perfect for me.

One thing I was wondering: where does the game take the campaign titles from? I was thinking of changing them for myself so that they all start with Flight School rather than the name of the plane and therefore are all in one block in the campaign list. Would it already be enough to change the folder names, or would I have to edit a certain file?

Utopioneer
3 hours ago, Thirith said:

Thanks - I'm new to the game (though I played a bit of IL1946 back in the day - though always just relatively casually), so this is perfect for me.

One thing I was wondering: where does the game take the campaign titles from? I was thinking of changing them for myself so that they all start with Flight School rather than the name of the plane and therefore are all in one block in the campaign list. Would it already be enough to change the folder names, or would I have to edit a certain file?

There's a file in the campaign folder called info.locale=eng.txt (or one of the other language codes if you're in those). You can edit the &name field to be whatever you want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

RasterOp98
On 5/9/2021 at 1:16 AM, Beebop said:

You can't set up different keybinds for different planes.  You can only set up once for all planes.

You would have to go in and reset everytime you changed planes if you wanted specific setups.

@Ratchet3Stixwhile keybinds are common you can specify the pilot head snap positions on a per-plane basis (these get saved in ...\data\LuaScripts\snapviews\).  There may be other types of keybinds that also have a plane-specific aspects (but I don't know of any at this time)?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I./ZG15_German_QL

Cool, Super veri nice, Thank you!!!!

Could you please add the Ju88? Many Thanks.
  • Like 1

kestrel79

@UtopioneerAny chance these get added officially to the main game? Just like how 4k skins get added by 3rd party, and now 4k cockpit textures too. Would be awesome to have official training missions added for each and every plane to help out our new pilots.

• Upvote 4

Utopioneer

Added:

Bf 109 G-6 Late
Fw 190 A-6
Hurricane Mk.II
Spitfire Mk.XIV

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...
SeaEagleSeaEagle

G'day All, noob here.

I just joined IL2 with the purchase of all of the current series. I'd like to download and install Flight School files but can't find where to download them to. My Campaigns folder only contains media and audio files, see attached. Any help would be appreciated.Capture.thumb.JPG.4ee060ff35c0d2896b993c05efdc96d9.JPG

Nadelbaum

@SeaEagleSeaEagle Welcome onboard. That is indeed the proper location. At the end you should have multiple folders underneath e.g. 

image.png.961277890a9c44075cc9c3cba19eed6c.png 

And so forth. Then inside the sim you'll find the Flight School stuff in "Scripted Campaign".

• Thanks 2

SeaEagleSeaEagle

Thanks Nadelbaum for the welcome an for the information.

I was trying to put the flight school files in it's own folder (called flight School). All's well now and I have all the files in "Scripted Campaign"

• Like 1

Millais

Hi there,

I downloaded the flight school material for Battle of Stalingrad and Flying Circus. I did enjoy my Yak-1 series 69 flight school day a lot. It is an easy first step that makes this whole thing more approachable for newcomers. However, some of the mission packs do not work. 

As you'll see in the following pic, the mission description does not load at all:

image.thumb.png.c56ec03c82df4b8486a4ab51226f0f75.png

When clicking start the screen flickers to black and goes back to the very same list of missions. I do have the Fokker D.VII Flight School folder in the same location as the one for the Yak-1 series 69. 

List of aircraft with this problem: 

Fokker D.VII
RAF S.E.5a

LaGG-3 ser. 29

IL-2 AM-38 (model 1942)

Is there a way of fixing these?

Thanks a lot!

Dauntless
Posted (edited)

BOSE Editor> Tools >resave all missions in folder> choose each folder and let the editor do it's magic. :ph34r:

Edited by Dauntless
  • Thanks 2

The mission editor is here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\editor

then click on steditor, this will load the mission editor

• Thanks 1