Jump to content
Utopioneer

Flight School Campaigns (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I manage to change the order if and only if I change the name of the file. (e.g. Bf 109 G-2 Flight School to Flight School Bf 109 G-2). To be honest, I like word order batter. I like things to go from general to specific plus it puts them all together. 

Apologies I thought you meant the order of the missions. There is a setting in the campaign files that dictate order on the scripted campaigns page, currently all the campaigns use the same number so I'm not sure what logic dictates order in the software. I can rethink and order alphabetically or by some other logic.

Edited by Utopioneer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, originally, I change the numbering for each of the files, but I also change the number in Info Locale files. There was a number the corresponded the order. I loaded the game up and nothing changed. So, I made a copy of the file, renamed it and then rename it in the info file. Viola! it worked. 

 

My order is

1 - Basic Flight

2 - Take off

3 - Landing

4 - Taxi

5 - Formation

6 - Bomber Attack

7 - Ground Attack

8 - Dogfight

 

I also made a G6 and K4 versions as well. I will share, but the naming convention and the order is different. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh I see, yes the game itself seems to cache mission information somewhere, so that's why you initially saw no change to order. Renaming the folder caused the game to see it as a new campaign, and re-read file information. As far as order goes, I intentionally left taxi and formation flying to the end, as this requires the finest and smallest inputs. Frequently even experienced players can have difficulty with taxiing, and I didn't want a new player to be discouraged and not be able to continue from that point.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 New Planes:
    • Fw 190 A-5
    • P-39L-1
    • P-38J-25
    • MiG-3 Series 24
  • Spanish Translations! (thanks =gRiJ=Roman-)
  • Still to do for all planes:
    • Add better engine limit descriptions
    • Add detailed startup procedures
    • Add trim settings to formation mission
Edited by Utopioneer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Minus8isGreat said:

Is the A-5 close enough to the A-3 that I can use that instead?

I think they're fairly close, but I'll make the A-3 for you next.

  • Fw 190 A-3 added
Edited by Utopioneer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Utopioneer said:

Oh I see, yes the game itself seems to cache mission information somewhere, so that's why you initially saw no change to order. Renaming the folder caused the game to see it as a new campaign, and re-read file information. As far as order goes, I intentionally left taxi and formation flying to the end, as this requires the finest and smallest inputs. Frequently even experienced players can have difficulty with taxiing, and I didn't want a new player to be discouraged and not be able to continue from that point.

Yeah, I get why you did it that way, but the order I am using is consistent with our flight school set up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 2:40 PM, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

Well, originally, I change the numbering for each of the files, but I also change the number in Info Locale files. There was a number the corresponded the order. I loaded the game up and nothing changed. So, I made a copy of the file, renamed it and then rename it in the info file. Viola! it worked. 

 

My order is

1 - Basic Flight

2 - Take off

3 - Landing

4 - Taxi

5 - Formation

6 - Bomber Attack

7 - Ground Attack

8 - Dogfight

 

I also made a G6 and K4 versions as well. I will share, but the naming convention and the order is different. 

 

 

Shouldn't the real order start on the ground? Taxiing would be the first, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

 

Shouldn't the real order start on the ground? Taxiing would be the first, right?

 

I supposed so. In "our flight school, Taxi, take off and and landing is all on the same level. Basic Flight is just turning the aircraft. We do not have anything of that sort. It is not worth removing or moving. If you can''t pass one, then you are still on level one. Generally, when I first fly a plane, I start with it in the air to get a general feel for how it moves. It is after this, that I might either take off and land or I might taxi around the airfield. I personally find taxiing to give you a better since of how to control the plane with the rudder, so when you take off you get a much better feel for how much input. 

The next step and Formation, engine management and navigation. 

The Bomber is also basic gunnery skills. 

Finally we have BFM or BCM. whatever you want to call it. The ground attack is a bonus. Successfully fighting a dogfight would suggest at least basic knowledge and skill. 

 

In the end, it is to each hos own. Thanks to @Utopioneer we have a great scheme and as a Modder of Total War games (a a little of Paradox) he piqued my interest in playing with the Mission Editor. 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • U-2VS Added
  • Missions are different for this one:
    • Basic Flight
    • Takeoff
    • Landing
    • Ground Attack
    • Night Bombing
    • Taxi
    • Formations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Utopioneer said:
  • U-2VS Added
  • Missions are different for this one:
    • Basic Flight
    • Takeoff
    • Landing
    • Ground Attack
    • Night Bombing
    • Taxi
    • Formations

 

Wow! Utopioneer, you're as fast as McQueen :lol:

Love it! I'll try to catch up. 

The reason I volunteered for the Spanish translation is that this sim REALLY NEEDS this kind of tutorials.

The ones in ROF were a masterpiece .... so good that I missed many more.

Let me think a bit about more missions ... :popcorm:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Wow! Utopioneer, you're as fast as McQueen 

Love it! I'll try to catch up. 

The reason I volunteered for the Spanish translation is that this sim REALLY NEEDS this kind of tutorials.

The ones in ROF were a masterpiece .... so good that I missed many more.

Let me think a bit about more missions

Hey guys ... I'm the one who's late !!😀
You have a superb rhythm ... I'm getting old surely ... come on I'm back:help:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tired downloading one of the campaigns but when I tried to open the Mediafire link got a popup asking me to "Authenticate yadda-yadda-yadda" by signing into a totally unrelated website, , obvious a bad actor.  I don't have this problem with other Mediafire links from the forum.

Is there something different about thees links?  (I tried both the P-39 and P-51).

Is there another way to get these campaigns?  I would really like to try one or more of them.

 

TIA (thanks in advance)

 

EDIT:  I see that mpdugas has a similar problem.  Would it be possible to have an alternate d/l site?

TIA

Edited by Beebop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beebop said:

I tired downloading one of the campaigns but when I tried to open the Mediafire link got a popup asking me to "Authenticate yadda-yadda-yadda" by signing into a totally unrelated website, , obvious a bad actor.  I don't have this problem with other Mediafire links from the forum.

Is there something different about thees links?  (I tried both the P-39 and P-51).

Is there another way to get these campaigns?  I would really like to try one or more of them.

 

TIA (thanks in advance)

 

EDIT:  I see that mpdugas has a similar problem.  Would it be possible to have an alternate d/l site?

TIA

I just updated all links to use google drive storage, it looks like mediafire has malicious pop-ups sometimes and that's not cool.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much!

I really look forward to trying this out.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to request versions for the Spitfire (both models if needed) and the Tempest please, when you have the time.  (I know good things take time and I am patient.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Beebop said:

I would like to request versions for the Spitfire (both models if needed) and the Tempest please, when you have the time.  (I know good things take time and I am patient.)

Working on the Macchi 202 next, but I'll do a spit/tempest after that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • MC. 202 Series VIII and Spitfire Mk.VB added
Edited by Utopioneer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I must be doing something wrong; when I start it, first mission was taxiing on airport, taking off, get altitude (2500m), and land. I can do it, but first mark/target on airport stays active all the time, it never switches to second.

In "Hawoc over Kuban" there was always next marker active, after I come close to last one.

 

And one more question; can I have all those learning campaigns under one name? Now I have several of them with my other campaigns, and it is hard to find what I want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Brzi_Joe said:

Ok, I must be doing something wrong; when I start it, first mission was taxiing on airport, taking off, get altitude (2500m), and land. I can do it, but first mark/target on airport stays active all the time, it never switches to second.

In "Hawoc over Kuban" there was always next marker active, after I come close to last one.

I'm not sure what's happening here, the first mission should start you in the air, the taxi mission isn't until the 7th mission, and that doesn't include any takeoff or landing. Can you tell me which plane you saw this in so I can check?

58 minutes ago, Brzi_Joe said:

And one more question; can I have all those learning campaigns under one name? Now I have several of them with my other campaigns, and it is hard to find what I want.

I don't think the scripted campaign section supports sub folders, but I did set a high sort order to my campaigns with the intention they show up on the bottom. If you have a lot downloaded, you may prefer installing them to data\missions. In that folder, they will show as small expandable folders of missions, and they can be played in any order.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Utopioneer said:

If you have a lot downloaded, you may prefer installing them to data\missions. In that folder, they will show as small expandable folders of missions, and they can be played in any order.

That's how I do it.  That way I can practice in the plane type that I am either learning or having difficulty with n a mission or campaign and repeat as often as necessary any particular facet.  For instance I can focus on landing a Spitfire which can be a tricky widget on the ground. over and over and over again until I get it right.  (almost there lol).  Since I am (one of the few?) who is not that much of a Luftwaffe fan I tend to lean toward Allied fighters.  This way I can practice in an "enemy" fighter to learn it's strengths and weaknesses so that I can avoid the former and exploit the latter at any time and in any order.

This is a great addition to the learning curve.  I have introduced this to the the squad I fly with for their personal use and to use as a training tool for any new members, especially those new to flight sims and/or IL-2.

👌👍

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Utopioneer said:

 If you have a lot downloaded, you may prefer installing them to data\missions. In that folder, they will show as small expandable folders of missions, and they can be played in any order.

Yes, that is much better. I made there Folder "Flight lessons", and then all planes as sub-folders.

 

18 hours ago, Utopioneer said:

I'm not sure what's happening here, the first mission should start you in the air, the taxi mission isn't until the 7th mission, and that doesn't include any takeoff or landing. Can you tell me which plane you saw this in so I can check?

I do not know any more, might be Lagg. Or Yak. Sorry. I remember there was start with already turned on engine in that protected "U" shaped thing in airport, and there were 4 markers on map (5th was again 1). But it does not matter any more, I like this flight school, and possibility to jump fast in some situations. Thanks Utopioneer! 

Edited by Brzi_Joe
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great effort Utopioneer for a much needed helper tool!  Any idea what remaining planes will be next - and in what order?  I personally would like to see the P-40 and more WW I planes...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BiggusDickus said:

Great effort Utopioneer for a much needed helper tool!  Any idea what remaining planes will be next - and in what order?  I personally would like to see the P-40 and more WW I planes...

In that case, the P-40 will be next! I'm wrapping up the 109 G-6 and K-4 files and will post tonight, but then I'll get on the P-40. When I had download stats the Flying Circus planes were not downloaded nearly as much as the rest, so I placed them lower on my priority. I'll get to them eventually though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening the gentlemen! I have to postpone the German translations for the next 2 weeks. I'm awfully sorry, but there are some tasks that involve me a lot at the moment. As soon as this is done, I will continue with the translations.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  • Added:
    • La-5 Series 8
    • La-5FN Series 2
Edited by Utopioneer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added:

  • Fw 190 D-9
  • Yak-1b Series 127
  • Me 262 A

With this update, all WW2 light fighter aircraft are covered. Before moving on to heavy fighters (most likely 110 next) and dedicated ground attack planes, I want to take a pass on all the planes I've done to add to and tweak mission descriptions.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...