Utopioneer

Flight School Campaigns (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish)

Great..! Very nice idea with this file! Thanks
It will be much easier .. like this

28 minutes ago, Utopioneer said:

@Serdalf @=gRiJ=Roman- @6FG_Big_Al

I'm sending you three a google sheets link to compile translations. I'll credit you at the top post and I can add "Translated by: " at the end of your descriptions. 

If you want, I can also create an Italian version

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

If you want, I can also create an Italian version

Grazie mille!

Does the game support an Italian localization? When I save missions it doesn't seem to generate (blank) files for Italian. I get English, German, Spanish, French, Polish, and Russian files only.

2 minutes ago, ITAF_Airone1989 said:

Yeah, you are right... There is not the Italian version of the game 😖

As a workaround, if you would like to edit the files I post and replace the English with Italian to share elsewhere, you have my full support. Macchi C. 202 Folgore in it's native language would be beautiful to see.

1 hour ago, Utopioneer said:

As a workaround, if you would like to edit the files I post and replace the English with Italian to share elsewhere, you have my full support. Macchi C. 202 Folgore in it's native language would be beautiful to see.

Great!!

I will do it..

• Upvote 1

P-51D Added

Translations started!

New Versions uploaded with some minor description fixes

We have at least 1 plane from all WW2 sets, possibly heading to Flying Circus next.

Edited by Utopioneer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

You should get around to at least one Yak. 

Got around to it!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

The Fw 190 is another aircraft. It is a little different flying compared to the 109. 

Right, also for the tail wheel management

• 109 F-2 and Fw190 A-8 Uploaded
  • All planes now have German language mission translations!
Edited by Utopioneer
  • Upvote 1

I'm getting a malware warning about a website called "deloplen.com" when I download these training missions.

It tells me the download is directing my PC to a malware site for injection of a highjack payload  The files themselves scan clean, but they are still compressed.

Any thoughts on this, Utopioneer?

Edited by mpdugas

59 minutes ago, mpdugas said:

I'm getting a malware warning about a website called "deloplen.com" when I download these training missions.

It tells me the download is directing my PC to a malware site for injection of a highjack payload  The files themselves scan clean, but they are still compressed.

Any thoughts on this, Utopioneer?

A quick Google of deloplen makes it sound like you have adware/malware installed on your computer causing the ads to be intercepted and redirect you. You should look for steps to remove that, as you'll likely continue seeing that redirect on other websites. MediaFire is a common site for hosting files on this forum, and the files themselves are just ASCII and .msnbin files.

4 hours ago, Utopioneer said:
  • 109 G-2 and Fw190 A-8 Uploaded
  • All planes now have German language mission translations!

I think you meant the F-2 was uploaded mate...

1 minute ago, Trooper117 said:

I think you meant the F-2 was uploaded mate...

Yes! Thank you

Thank you!

I will give it a try.

Finnish translation would be amazing but unfortunately my english is not good enough to make one.

I think it`s a great that you have taken time to help new pilots. Well done! :salute:

20 hours ago, Utopioneer said:

A quick Google of deloplen makes it sound like you have adware/malware installed on your computer causing the ads to be intercepted and redirect you. You should look for steps to remove that, as you'll likely continue seeing that redirect on other websites. MediaFire is a common site for hosting files on this forum, and the files themselves are just ASCII and .msnbin files.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply; I appreciate your analysis.  Here are a few more facts to aid your analysis process:

Malwarebytes stopped the redirect, but it was the download that triggered the attempted connection to deloplen.  That's why I raise this concern here.  No connection to deloplen was actually made.

If something were already on my PC, would I not have seen this attempted redirect before now?  Which, of course, I have not.  Nothing before, nothing since, and I expect that I would have seen that if my PC were already infected.  I presently have none of these symptoms of a deloplen infection:

• popups and newtab pages are loaded without your request
  • when you go to a webpage, you’re often redirected to another web-site that you do not intend to visit
  • your personal computer starts automatically installing unexpected software
  • unwanted icons on your desktop
  • your browser home page has modified and you are unable to modify it back
  • you cannot update your antivirus software
  • slow Internet browsing speeds
  • your web-browser crashes

A full scan, by both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender shows nothing amiss.

7 minutes ago, mpdugas said:

Thanks for your thoughtful reply; I appreciate your analysis.  Here are a few more facts to aid your analysis process:

Malwarebytes stopped the redirect, but it was the download that triggered the attempted connection to deloplen.  That's why I raise this concern here.  No connection to deloplen was actually made.

If something were already on my PC, would I not have seen this attempted redirect before now?  Which, of course, I have not.  Nothing before, nothing since, and I expect that I would have seen that if my PC were already infected.  I presently have none of these symptoms of a deloplen infection:

• popups and newtab pages are loaded without your request
  • when you go to a webpage, you’re often redirected to another web-site that you do not intend to visit
  • your personal computer starts automatically installing unexpected software
  • unwanted icons on your desktop
  • your browser home page has modified and you are unable to modify it back
  • you cannot update your antivirus software
  • slow Internet browsing speeds
  • your web-browser crashes

A full scan, by both Malwarebytes and Windows Defender shows nothing amiss.

Thanks mpdugas, if anybody else experience this issues I'll consider changing the website I host on, but it sounds like you're the only one. My suspicion is that malicious ads triggered a connection (not these campaign files) that attempted to connect to deloplen. Once again the zipped files are .png, ASCII, and .msnbin, there are no hyperlinks in the files, and no executable code.

Edited by Utopioneer

• Yak-7b Series 36 Uploaded
  • French and Italian translations for all current planes!

Hey thanks!

I Used to have a bunch of these I built for the original for my Squad I ran back then.

Gave out ribbons etc. I wanted everyone to be able to take off and land first and foremost.

all the stuff in the middle was the gravy and the icing of the cake came once home alive.

• Thanks 2

Yeah, when I first started playing MP, the commander of the unit told me the most important thing in a mission is to survive the mission. 

----

I do wonder if it is possible to "train" flying in formation. 

A way for training basic flight maneuvers. (This may be something for the developers to create though). 

Another thing is to start a pilot in the air with the plane in a "certain" emergency state, and as a pilot you have to properly diagnose the problem and resolve it. 

2 hours ago, T_O_A_D said:

Hey thanks!

I Used to have a bunch of these I built for the original for my Squad I ran back then.

Gave out ribbons etc. I wanted everyone to be able to take off and land first and foremost.

all the stuff in the middle was the gravy and the icing of the cake came once home alive.

I flew many of your missions! Your missions and the "straight from the farm" campaign were how I learned WW2 flight sim.

1 hour ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I do wonder if it is possible to "train" flying in formation. 

A way for training basic flight maneuvers. (This may be something for the developers to create though). 

Another thing is to start a pilot in the air with the plane in a "certain" emergency state, and as a pilot you have to properly diagnose the problem and resolve it. 

On the first point this is something I'm considering. I don't know of an easy way to evaluate a players performance in formation, but at the very least a mission to practice formation flying with an explanation of trim. The idea being each mission requires finer control of inputs than the one before it.

To the second point, I don't think I can start the plane with damage, but maybe I can start the player high up in a stall/spin. I'm not sure but I'll look into it.

Edited by Utopioneer

9 minutes ago, Blasterlasvideo said:

Heres another vote for the P-38 if thats doable.  :)

I will get to it!

3 hours ago, Utopioneer said:

To the second point, I don't think I can start the plane with damage, but maybe I can start the player high up in a stall/spin. I'm not sure but I'll look into it.

Oh,  I didn't mean to suggest the engine or plane was damaged. I suggesting having the plane in a state where if the pilot takes doesn't take a specific course of action, then the plane will be damaged. The beauty of the system is even in failure, you can always practice ditching. 

15 hours ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

Oh,  I didn't mean to suggest the engine or plane was damaged. I suggesting having the plane in a state where if the pilot takes doesn't take a specific course of action, then the plane will be damaged. The beauty of the system is even in failure, you can always practice ditching. 

I think could be possible add 0 gasoline and create a "learn to ditch" mission

What about some gunnery practice against balloons?

Working on the Spanish translation ..... slowly but steady ...

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

v1.3:

• Added new mission 08 - Formations
    •  Learn to stay in formation with your squadron. Plan to add trim settings per plane.
  • Added 3 new planes: Bf 109 E-7, Fokker D.VII, and RAF S.E.5a
  • Upvote 1

Wow. Your productivity is impressive.

Is the P-38 more problematic then the rest or am I just being impatient  ;)

2 hours ago, Blasterlasvideo said:

Wow. Your productivity is impressive.

Is the P-38 more problematic then the rest or am I just being impatient  ;)

I wanted to get all the packs covered, but now that I have a couple planes for flying circus I can start on collectors planes. I'll probably have it up by the end of this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful. It will be an effective way for me to start learning the P-38. I look forward to it!

If appropriate, you might want to consider setting up a Patreon account. Im sure there might be some beginners that may want to show their appreciation for your efforts.

Edited by Blasterlasvideo

7 hours ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

How would I change the order?

The easiest way to play these in any order is to install them to data\Missions instead of data\Campaigns. To play, go to the "Missions" section on the main menu instead of scripted campaigns, and each plane you've installed will have it's own Flight School folder.

I manage to change the order if and only if I change the name of the file. (e.g. Bf 109 G-2 Flight School to Flight School Bf 109 G-2). To be honest, I like word order batter. I like things to go from general to specific plus it puts them all together.