This may be a bit of a stretch, but would there be the ability to add blood on the internal and external views of the cockpit when injured. I know that you can see "blood" on your goggles, but I think it might be a nice immersive piece to add blood to the cockpit such as oil when your plane is damaged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Q_Walker said:

I think it might be a nice immersive piece to add blood to the cockpit 

Really?

It used to be a MOD in 1946, I'm not a fan but if someone could develop a MOD it could be used or not used depending on preference.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Really?

Yes, really, that's why I posted this.

50 minutes ago, keeno said:

It used to be a MOD in 1946, I'm not a fan but if someone could develop a MOD it could be used or not used depending on preference.

Cheers

That's probably the best way to handle a request like this. I just don't ever see it becoming an official feature of the game.

12 minutes ago, Q_Walker said:

Yes, really, that's why I posted this.

Oh boy

This is a sim, so yes, this should be included, but there are a bunch of other features that should be higher priority IMHO.

I've never understood why so many people oppose so fanatically against this idea .....

3 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

I've never understood why so many people oppose so fanatically against this idea .....

Don't know if I'm fanatically opposed but I'm in this sim because it gives me the chance to learn about and 'fly' historic warbirds. Something that I'm never going to do in real life. However, I can cut myself and get blood everywhere in real life if I want; the novelty value is far less. So blood in the cockpit - I don't need it.

Cheers.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

In Flaying Circus (up close and personal) it would be good visual feedback to switch to another target in furball, I often see how others do try to shoot enemies to pieces because they don't realize that enemy pilot is heavily injured , unconscious or dead. When you are wounded , you just want  to disengage and save life not the plane. Now when we hit flesh there is no effect just standard puf of dust with wooden chips , small red cloud instead of dust would be enough information for me to disengage as this person is no longer a real danger anymore. 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

Thanks both for your opinions. Let me process the ideas a bit ...

Ok, I am back.

Let me see. The idea behind the Blood in internal and external views is not macabre or sadistic at all but just to add realism.

Now we have the fire in cockpit effects and they are very realistic and immersive .... I wonder what's the difference with blood? Fire, flames and be burning alive is ok but blood splashing in the cockpit is not? What's the difference?

However, IMHO I would add an optional ALL GORE and include all these effects (fire, blood, etc). Every user would have the option of using that option or not.

So far, I haven't read a single comment against the implementation of fire and flames inside the cockpit.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

Just a thought... where does all this blood come from? Our pilot doesn't haven't a body in first person view.

Now blood on the other visible crew members might be more immersive. Certainly a lot better than them disappearing completely when dead.

1 minute ago, 216th_Cat said:

Just a thought... where does all this blood come from? Our pilot doesn't haven't a body in first person view.

Now blood on the other visible crew members might be more immersive. Certainly a lot better than them disappearing completely when dead.

I would certainly include the pilot body as well. I know there is a MOD on that, but I would improve it and make it official (optional with the simple press of a key). 

The problem with the pilot body thing is that its going to get in the way of seeing instruments, levers, etc. IRL you can move your arm a bit to see a gauge, in game you can't. Animating it properly would also be tricky.

You could do some blood splatter in the same way as you show shattered instruments, etc.when you get hits in the cockpit. I wouldn't be for or against this, just kinda meh for me.

But I don't think I want to see the more grisly aspects of this. Lets be real, most of the weapons we are shooting at each other would have truly gnarly effects on the human body. I'm all for realism but lets not try to animate what happens when a pilot gets hit by a 30mm shell.

• Upvote 1

I don't think it would be a good idea to show blood in this way.  I hope the developers don't do this.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Blood would push the games rating to R18+ in about 80 countries or more severely cutting down on sales not to mention about 1/5 of the current player base if not much more would have to uninstall and quit the game as under 18 and while you can buy them in many places its actually illegal to play them like drinking under 18 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Q_Walker said:

This may be a bit of a stretch, but would there be the ability to add blood on the internal and external views of the cockpit when injured. I know that you can see "blood" on your goggles, but I think it might be a nice immersive piece to add blood to the cockpit such as oil when your plane is damaged.

I don't want to judge anybody loving some gore - I simply don't care and don't need it to have an immersive experience. And I absolutely agree with @=TBAS=Sschatten14,

very good point.

Still, if someone really needs this feature for the sake of "realism" or immersion, there are so many really talented modders here in our community, I'm sure this feature

will be covered by someone sooner or later.

2 hours ago, =TBAS=Sschatten14 said:

Blood would push the games rating to R18+ in about 80 countries or more severely cutting down on sales not to mention about 1/5 of the current player base if not much more would have to uninstall and quit the game as under 18 and while you can buy them in many places its actually illegal to play them like drinking under 18 

Do you homework

"Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 13 years and older; they can contain content such as moderate amounts of violence (including small amounts of blood), mild to moderate use of language or suggestive themes, sexual content, and crude humor."

Statistical evidence showing that  this genre is playing by the kids ? And blood will cut the  sells ? This is CFS you are killing anyways and do see own blood... Besides games sell much better when do they have realistic  body behavior to used weapons, most industry  games do have it , selling great, nobody complains. 

I don't want to see gore in il2 as most games offer it for granted but I want feedback from my actions . I think this could add to my SA in furballs when be able to judge in what state is my adversary, simple as to see blood particle or decal on body model ,especially in  FC - up close and personal  , that's it. Just to prioritize and switch to another target because this one have enough .

I do see often what i see as cruelty , shooting crippled enemy as bad as possible , to pointless degree as mad man would do.

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

I'm not really pushing to see gore, I don't think that is really necessary for this. I just think blood would an option you could select in the graphics menu, but it was just a suggestion. As others said, maybe this will be something that is added through mods. Thanks for the feedback though.

19 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Do you homework

"Games with this rating contain content which the ESRB believes is generally suitable for those aged 13 years and older; they can contain content such as moderate amounts of violence (including small amounts of blood), mild to moderate use of language or suggestive themes, sexual content, and crude humor."

Statistical evidence showing that  this genre is playing by the kids ? And blood will cut the  sells ? This is CFS you are killing anyways and do see own blood... Besides games sell much better when do they have realistic  body behavior to used weapons, most industry  games do have it , selling great, nobody complains. 

I don't want to see gore in il2 as most games offer it for granted but I want feedback from my actions . I think this could add to my SA in furballs when be able to judge in what state is my adversary, simple as to see blood particle or decal on body model ,especially in  FC - up close and personal  , that's it. Just to prioritize and switch to another target because this one have enough .

I do see often what i see as cruelty , shooting crippled enemy as bad as possible , to pointless degree as mad man would do.

That is only for some countries. 

There are over 190 countries in the world. 
and im sure well over 75 different laws regarding gaming violence 

If you had blood in cockpit after being shot and you could see blood on the fuselage of plane 
rating would be R18+ in AUS, NZ, Most of SEA, 

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14

What about in Rome Total War? You have a DLC for that for just a couple of euros. It's optional.

I'd rather see more damage detail in the cockpit than blood TBH.  Sure, gauges get smashed and gun sights get shot away, but mangled metal and bullet holes inside the cockpit is non-existent.  Things like gaping holes blown out of cockpit side panels and floorboards and bullet holes similar to what classic '46 showed would be more exciting for me than a bloody cockpit.  Currently, I've never even seen any damage to the under-nose glass of a Pe-2 for that matter...

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Upvote 1

I don't want in cockpit blood, for me to know that I'm wounded , which I know from my vision already, just outside view feedback for Flying Circus SA.