Schmity

Removing red recording icon?

Hey all, I wanted to start posting some of my game play to YouTube but I have a gripe. Is there anyway to remove the red recording symbol in IL-2? I want to record from inside the cockpit with Nvidia's recorder so as  to keep what i am looking at with track IR but also inter splice with out side views of the same mission. Meaning my cockpit videos will have that recording symbol and the outside views wont.

Have you tried pressing “H” to remove the HUD?

43 minutes ago, Tipsi said:

Have you tried pressing “H” to remove the HUD?

Does not work. There is no way to get rid of teh recording sign. At least i dont know of one.

2 hours ago, Schmity said:

Hey all, I wanted to start posting some of my game play to YouTube but I have a gripe. Is there anyway to remove the red recording symbol in IL-2?

Just capture your recorded track on playback.

• Upvote 2

I believe you can just use the recorded track, the cockpit view will still follow your track-IR data as far as I recall, though I haven't used this feature for a while.

In the track recording you can press

LEFT CTRL + F1 
(this will give the same view and places you looked ingame with track IR.) 
F1 
(Is the same View as above but at DEFALT FOV not zoomed in or out)
Left Alt + F1 
(is Free Camera and you can look around with mouse freely in cockpit and create new views). 

So you can record the cockpit Views without the Red Record symbol just by watching the track.
However if you want to record with Live comms then some programs over an Image overlay
Then on Recording you can place like your Player avatar or Squad icon over the Recording Symbol. 

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Upvote 3