c6_lefuneste

how to add rotation angle to check your six in VR

I just checked that option in advanced settings, and start to play. And my playspace center is 1.5m away, in the middle of the room. I have no problems with snap views, when in multiplayer, as my head stays always in cockpit.

I think playspace center recalibration is needed only for single player, or Berloga, as there you can go out of cockpit.

Edited by Brzi_Joe

Posted (edited)
29.09.2020 в 01:30, c6_lefuneste сказал:

And how do you check/fix your position vs the steam center ?

I usually look down when in steamVR environment (that is when you see circular grid on the floor centered under you and night horizon). But, usually (which happened maybe twice so far) as soon as I notice snap turns act weirdly, I open room setup, and hit recenter button while having hmd on my head in sitting position, then calibrate floor. After calibration snap turns work same as in your old mod, but with 45 degree turn. 

29.09.2020 в 09:58, Brzi_Joe сказал:

I just checked that option in advanced settings, and start to play. And my playspace center is 1.5m away, in the middle of the room. I have no problems with snap views, when in multiplayer, as my head stays always in cockpit.

I think playspace center recalibration is needed only for single player, or Berloga, as there you can go out of cockpit.

I think it depends on hmd you are using. On index I think I did not have to calibrate center, but on Vive pro that I am currently using I have to calibrate, otherwise when I snap turn, position while in turn shifts forward or back within cockpit depending on where universe center is. 

Edited by WB_Balapan

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WB_Balapan said:

I usually look down when in steamVR environment (that is when you see circular grid on the floor centered under you and night horizon). But, usually (which happened maybe twice so far) as soon as I notice snap turns act weirdly, I open room setup, and hit recenter button while having hmd on my head in sitting position, then calibrate floor. After calibration snap turns work same as in your old mod, but with 45 degree turn. 

I think it depends on hmd you are using. On index I think I did not have to calibrate center, but on Vive pro that I am currently using I have to calibrate, otherwise when I snap turn, position while in turn shifts forward or back within cockpit depending on where universe center is. 

I am on the fence between Vive Pro and Index, could you tell me about them with IL-2?

Edited by messsucher

Posted (edited)
8 часов назад, messsucher сказал:

I am on the fence between Vive Pro and Index, could you tell me about them with IL-2?

Vive pro got oled screens which gives best colors and black contacts way easier to spot than grey. Also I am using lens mod on Vive pro, which gives me bigger sweet spot and eliminates fresnel light glares. I think screen door effect on index is worse sometimes because of the vertical colons issues. I love Index’s sound and microphone quality, so I have a great hope for Reverb G2, will see in November. 

Edited by WB_Balapan
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2020 at 2:23 AM, WB_Balapan said:

Important step, when you turn on universe centered rotation is to go through room setup and make sure your sitting position is the same as steam universe center. Otherwise snap turns do not work correctly. 

I was playing with it last several days. It is great, but for the best results I set in steam vr that I do not have play room, just standing/sitting position. And that must be at my regular chair position. As I have chaperone grid (safety vr grid) disabled, that does not interfere with my other games.

Otherwise your snap turns will turn and shift your head in strange positions, what is excellent for bubble canopy planes, but really bad for the rest.

Curious why people want "check your six" macros with VR? What's the point, if you finally got gear where your head movements are realistic?

• Haha 1

Well I look more back that forward when play. That is more important in slower (allies) planes. Also I have rudder pedals, and can not use swivel chair advantage any more.

After 2-3 hours playing like that neck hurts a lot. That is why I use it. And besides I think that track-ir gives unfair advantage of super easy back snap views, and this mod gives to vr something similar.

PS: Also monitor shows same quality picture in all parts, but VR shows clear just in sweet spots (near center). Count that too

Edited by Brzi_Joe
  • Upvote 1

Hello! I have been with this for several months without problems on the IL-2 but I can't get it to work with DCS. I have activated the function "motion Features when in Seated mode (experimental)" but nothing, in DCS it does not work. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I am using it with driver4vr

Edit: I think I fixed it.  :)

Edited by 19te.Deafbee

On 4/9/2020 at 10:48 PM, ECV56_Lubermatz said:

Hello @c6_lefuneste. I've been trying making this work and I faced two problems.

I have Oculus Rift S with Touch controllers. Hydra driver installed but nothing shows up neither on steam vr home or the controllers settings.

In freePie, when running the script it shows the following error. -line 15 . expected an indented block-.

Do I need physical hydras for going that way?

Thank you.

Hi Lubermatz,

It happened to me too. I had to update the program (I was using the old one recommended in the pdf) and then I had to force the keyboard in one of the options (sorry do not remember now and I am not in front of my pc) to let you choose the controllers. So, in the end, it worked.

By the way, my problem now is that it was working quite nicely but now it stopped working again. The problem now is that doesn't start (the program open but doesn't do the start sequence) as it says that the driver is not there. In the same notification gives you a couple of possible solutions but neither of them worked for me. I have just sent a message to the dev to see if he can help.

Quite annoying everything but now I can't play without the 6 oclock check possibility. I may need to change to the other option.

Thank you for your response @HR_Zunzun I've never managed to make it work, even with all the parts "apparently" working. So I've bought Driver4VR which works well. Anyway, due to the enormous performance gain, I'm actually using OpenComposite and thus, no rotation aid (my neck is not happy with that XD).

S! 

On 11/9/2020 at 1:29 AM, HR_BarbaRoja said:

Hello! I have been with this for several months without problems on the IL-2 but I can't get it to work with DCS. I have activated the function "motion Features when in Seated mode (experimental)" but nothing, in DCS it does not work. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

I am using it with driver4vr

It's working for me with the last DCS beta and HP reverb.

18 hours ago, HR_Zunzun said:

Hi Lubermatz,

It happened to me too. I had to update the program (I was using the old one recommended in the pdf) and then I had to force the keyboard in one of the options (sorry do not remember now and I am not in front of my pc) to let you choose the controllers. So, in the end, it worked.

By the way, my problem now is that it was working quite nicely but now it stopped working again. The problem now is that doesn't start (the program open but doesn't do the start sequence) as it says that the driver is not there. In the same notification gives you a couple of possible solutions but neither of them worked for me. I have just sent a message to the dev to see if he can help.

Quite annoying everything but now I can't play without the 6 oclock check possibility. I may need to change to the other option.

Dis you check in steam that Rizer Hydra driver are still there ?

Anyone know why OVR still see my WMR controllers even thought they're powered off.   I had everything setup and working for my Reverb with DriverVR, but then had to reinstall and now I can't get OVR to start with the Vive controllers with the profile setup in the OP, it always defaults to the WMR controller.   Did miss something to keep Vive as the default for OVR?

@71st_AH_statuskuo

I was experiencing the same problem last night. Found you need to sync the controller in both OVR and Drive4VR. In Drive4VR you misidentify the controller as a Vive.

Go to the SteamVR settings, Controllers and Show Old Binding UI. Click Show more settings and select Drive4VR. There you click on the controller window and a pop-up will appear. Designate the controller as Vive and then assign a property to the grip button to function as a left (or right whichever you chose in OVR) grip. Save the profile and close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, QB.Gordon200 said:

@71st_AH_statuskuo

I was experiencing the same problem last night. Found you need to sync the controller in both OVR and Drive4VR. In Drive4VR you misidentify the controller as a Vive.

Go to the SteamVR settings, Controllers and Show Old Binding UI. Click Show more settings and select Drive4VR. There you click on the controller window and a pop-up will appear. Designate the controller as Vive and then assign a property to the grip button to function as a left (or right whichever you chose in OVR) grip. Save the profile and close.

Thanks, I'll go try this.   Glad I'm not the only one, must be due to a new version of OVR (or Drive4VR).

• Like 1

I have a problem with drive4vr. It stop working. I do not why it happened. It was working fine and, within a dogifight in DCS, it just stop working. The program (drive4vr) said that the driver wasn´t there.

I finally resolved this problem (drive4vr not loading the driver) but, to be honest, I do not how. I was just messing around several times with installing/unstalling.

But now I think I have the problem that statusku and Gordon200 have been discussing.

Drive4vr doesn´t regconize the controllers as vibe. I think I have followed the steps as Gordon200 described. I desgnated vibe as controller in drive4vr (in old  UI). Within the menu, I chose the left grip button as left hard grip (and the same with the right one). In OVR Adv I did the same. I selected Vibe as contrller and then designated snap turn in the hard grips (both left and right).

However, in drive4vr the "virtual vibe controllers" don´t turn up. Everytime I restart the steamvr, the drive4vr controllers got set back to wmr ones. I do not know what I am doing wrong.

Edited by HR_Zunzun

6 hours ago, QB.Gordon200 said:

@71st_AH_statuskuo

Looks like I'm also getting what Zunzun is getting.    I tried it and still doesn't look like SteamVR saved the updated profile in either Driver4VR or OVR.   I updated the profile to Vive  and closed the window, then exited SteamVR, when I started up again both went back to the WMR controller.   The Vive wand icons don't show up in the SteamVR box, and obviously Driver4VR doesn't seem them either.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 71st_AH_statuskuo said:

Looks like I'm also getting what Zunzun is getting.    I tried it and still doesn't look like SteamVR saved the updated profile in either Driver4VR or OVR.   I updated the profile to Vive  and closed the window, then exited SteamVR, when I started up again both went back to the WMR controller.   The Vive wand icons don't show up in the SteamVR box, and obviously Driver4VR doesn't seem them either.

Exactly the same.

Ok, so I gave up Drive4VR as I cannot see how to solve this problem (I tried installing again but no luck).

I tried the hydra way. But I have face the first problem. I copy the "fake" sixsense files from freepie to steam folder. Rename the old ones as "old" and then rename the fake (removing the "fake" part from the name).

When I got to the part of setting the controller in steamvr I cannot find hydra controllers there. If I try to launch Hydra app on steam it gives me this error message.

322315570_Capturadepantalla2020-11-1714_01_08.png.54c23e79b243e41ec6d10eaf9af8b536.png

The only way to fix it is by running a "verify integrity" tool. It recovers the old sixsenses files.

If I do not rename the fake files and leave them as original (with the fake part on  the name) steam showed the same problem and will try to fix it the same way (by bringing back the original sixsense ones).

Seems that I only findings dead ends.

Any ideas?

Update: That´s funny. Looking for a way with the hydra I found the problem with the drive4vr one. And a silly one. I hope that can work for Statusku.

The problem and why I couldn´t select and keep the selection in the drive4vr section of controllers was that in the main menu of drive4vr, I didn´t select hand tracking as "virtual tracking". With all the installing and unstalling I forgot about it. Now everything is working.

Sorry everyone for cluttering the thread.

Edited by HR_Zunzun
  • Like 1

The issue for seems to be SteamVR 's controller binding setting defaulting back to WMR controllers in OVR even after we saved the profile to Vive.  I tried freepie and ran into this problem, I'll have another go at it.

• Upvote 1

Looking back at Zunzun's fix, I had virtual tracking selected already and still had the problem.    I had to go back and select none, then reselect virtual tracker again to recognize the Vice trackers.  Now everything works with Drive4VR. 

So I'd say we learned another fix for  a problem.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/19/2020 at 4:11 AM, messsucher said:

Curious why people want "check your six" macros with VR? What's the point, if you finally got gear where your head movements are realistic?

I would have thought this too...  until my G2 got here.  It is completely impossible to see anything that goes behind your 3-9 line.  Complete loss of SA.  You try to spin around and just can't find anything.  Track IR is infinitely superior - a dramatic advantage.  On the verge of sending my G2 back, but my VR buds are encouraging me to relearn how to fly.  Can't spot anything until its already in gun range.  Can't ID what planes are enemy/friendly until I see the color of their tracers.  The 3D gunnery is amazing - hard to miss, but the inability to use all the skills Ive been honing for 18 months is maddening.  Restarting the learning curve and I am just hoping that there is a workable system to help looking behind. 

If someone can post an up to date version of how to do this with current VR apps and Reverb compatible, much appreciate.  Or (if it still works) point me back toward the original post.  Otherwise +$500 down the drain.  Many thanks.   

@messsucher because my 50-year-old neck can't handle even looking at my 5 or 9 o'clock. I'm not some young lass thrown in a Spitfire in '40 and told to go stop veteran Germans dropping out of the sun. Mouse look to scan your environment, or head tracking software that only requires you to move your head a few degrees to scan avoids all of this with minimal effort

@ACG_PanzerV

You are in the correct thread. Go to the first post and download the pdf by lefuneste. If explains what to do. The two options are Driver4VR and a freepie solution. I own D4VR but use freepie. D4VR may very well be working just fine now. I had some problems with a particular build and switched. The freepie version has a few more steps, but it works flawlessly. I prefer it now.

Regarding VR. It is not as competitive as TrackIR or mouse view. Two of the guys on SCG who are leading fighters in TAW both use mouse view. Also, VR is more about immersion that anything. It has limitations on spotting and IDing, although this has gotten immensely better with recent updates. Again, when I fire up 2D, spotting is still superior. VR, at least for me, is far more taxing because of its intensity. Get the snap view working and then you will feel more comfortable being able to scan your environment. And if you have a setup so that you can get steady frames, you will be good. Steady is critical. Any hitching makes trying to line up shots impossible.

Edited by SCG_redcloud111

My 55 year old neck and back need this.    

I think Drive4VR is what you want to try first.   There are a lot of steps and idiosyncrasies but worth it.   

With a G2, VR is definitely worth it. 

• Upvote 1

Hi guys,

I am seriously considering getting a G2. Having been a stuntman for over 20 years, I do have some neck limitations as far as checking 3 or 9 , 5 /8  is yeah...wishful thinking in real time. Nevermind 6 . As of now I have a 70' 4K with a wireless open track grass monkey tracker and it works like a charm.

I am awaiting a Tobii 5 and will see if there is a gain nor ot with this new tracker. no wires, no headset, nothing. it tracks your eyes and your head. it mounts on the bottom of our screen.

As far as going VR with a G2, what are your recommendations ?  Drive VR4 and Freepie are software plugins ? Anything else I should know ?

Can you guys spot contacts in VR 3D or as someone said, yeah.... when you are in gun range.. pretty much .. 

Thanks for the input :help:

Happy Hunting :hunter:

7 hours ago, SkychaserGT said:

Hi guys,

I am seriously considering getting a G2. Having been a stuntman for over 20 years, I do have some neck limitations as far as checking 3 or 9 , 5 /8  is yeah...wishful thinking in real time. Nevermind 6 . As of now I have a 70' 4K with a wireless open track grass monkey tracker and it works like a charm.

I am awaiting a Tobii 5 and will see if there is a gain nor ot with this new tracker. no wires, no headset, nothing. it tracks your eyes and your head. it mounts on the bottom of our screen.

As far as going VR with a G2, what are your recommendations ?  Drive VR4 and Freepie are software plugins ? Anything else I should know ?

Can you guys spot contacts in VR 3D or as someone said, yeah.... when you are in gun range.. pretty much .. 

Thanks for the input :help:

Happy Hunting :hunter:

I have a G1 and spotting is good, and ID with the zoom is decent.   Easily ID 3-4km out depending on type of plane.   Based on the OP, Drive4VR is simpler to set-up, but is $20 after the free trial.