Sign in to follow this  
photog95661

Tank Command Missions

For your use and enjoyment are Tank Crew single player missions that I've created.  I will post new missions as they become available.  These take some time to create so posting will not happen every day.

1.  Long Range Interdiction:

Long Range Interdiction.zip

2. River Crossing Bridgehead:

River Crossing Bridgehead.zip

3. Village Defense:

Village DefenseV2.zip

4. March to Battle:

March to Battle.zip

5. Hold the High Ground

Hold the High Ground.zip

Edited by photog95661
add new mission
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4

Thank you for your hard work on this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia said:

Merci beaucoup pour ce partage vraiment gentil de votre part.

( Thank you very much for this really nice sharing on your part.)

And some mission with me on the Finnish server??? 😉

Yesterday night a great fight against  PzIII & Pz IV.....................👍

Salut Pips,

Ne t'ayant pas croisé sur le TS des CCG, je suis parti avec les LAL sur PS vendredi soir.... Tu as joué hier soir en char Russe sur serveur finlandais ! Dommage d'avoir raté cela ^^...

Hi Pips,

Not having met you on the GCC TS, I left with the LALs on PS Friday night.... You played last night in Russian tank on Finnish server! Too bad I missed that ...

Thanks for making this mission.  I applaud your effort with this as I find using the mission editor especially daunting.

I started to play it and noticed that my tank had Ai features I don't care for.

I would like to eliminate the Ai gunner moving and shooting my gun when I'm in the Commanders cupola.  I opened the editor but did not see anything in advanced properties for the Player's Tank that addresses this issue.  

I would appreciate it if you could please explain how I can eliminate this automatic Ai feature in your mission using my own IL2 Mission Editor. 

Thank you  

5 hours ago, klunker said:

Thanks for making this mission.  I applaud your effort with this as I find using the mission editor especially daunting.

I would like to eliminate the Ai gunner moving and shooting my gun when I'm in the Commanders cupola.  I opened the editor but did not see anything in advanced properties for the Player's Tank that addresses this issue.  

I would appreciate it if you could please explain how I can eliminate this automatic Ai feature in your mission using my own IL2 Mission Editor. 

Thank you  

With a recent release, the developers provided players with increased control of their vehicle.  As a tank commander you can instruct the other members/positions of what to perform.  While in the tank commander position depress the tilde key.  This will launch a screen full of available orders to be issued to the other crew members.  Some of the options also drill-down to other commands.  There are commands therein which address targeting and firing of the main gun.

I haven't had much success using the tilde key and the associated time consuming order menus.  I'd rather just handle everything myself and would like to make your mission suitable for my style of play.  Therefore I ask again..please tell me how I may turn off that feature in the mission editor.

Thank you

13 hours ago, klunker said:

I haven't had much success using the tilde key and the associated time consuming order menus.  I'd rather just handle everything myself and would like to make your mission suitable for my style of play.  Therefore I ask again..please tell me how I may turn off that feature in the mission editor.

Thank you

You cannot not turn it off in the mission editor.  The performance is hard coded by the developers.

Edited by photog95661
typo correction

New mission added, "River Crossing Bridgehead."  Can be downloaded from first post.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I thought it could be changed via the Mission Editor because it's not in all missions.  It's not in Multiplayer either.  So, what gives?

Does anyone know if there are game settings that are responsible for having Ai crew members performing unwanted functions in a mission?

tanx for sharing!

:drinks:

• Thanks 1

Would  anyone know the pathway to adjusting the Ai ability in the mission editor ? I wish to change it from its default number to zero or even changing its file name if it doesn't interfere with other actions ! I want to stop or limit  the Ai taking control of the turret or Ai TC actions if at all possible when moving to a different position 

New mission added, "Village Defense."  Can be downloaded from the post which started this topic.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks..action packed and a lot of fun!

Just a note of preference:  I like to see the carnage after the battle and find the disappearing killed tanks somewhat disconcerting, especially when it's happening during the battle.  In a stationary battle such as this one, I think it would enhance the immersion if the dead hulks remained on the battlefield.

Edited by klunker

20 hours ago, klunker said:

Thanks..action packed and a lot of fun!

Just a note of preference:  I like to see the carnage after the battle and find the disappearing killed tanks somewhat disconcerting, especially when it's happening during the battle.  In a stationary battle such as this one, I think it would enhance the immersion if the dead hulks remained on the battlefield.

Great observation.  I have modified the mission to leave the dead tanks in place.  Thanks for your input.

Great..I'll grab your update.  The mission is fun!  Thank you

Yep. In addition to that, is it possible in a script to have some planes over our tanks ? 

I fully agree with Klunker: leaving destroyed armor on the battlefield is much more immersive, besides I don't understand why this is not done systematically, unless it is for a technical constraint in order to lighten the servers or artificial intelligence!
Moreover the destroyed vehicles can be used as a shield temporarily...

225801200_champsdebatailleavecvhiculesdtruits.thumb.jpg.c8a482f20f49e2a9d8f8f4d4d0e06d56.jpg

• Upvote 1

New mission added.  Available at the beginning of this topic.  Enjoy!

On 2/16/2020 at 5:37 PM, klunker said:

Thank you  

Don't activate the AI on the mission.
I don't, I use the gunner's position or the commander's.

:salute:

New mission added; "Hold the High Ground."  The mission is available to download at the beginning of this topic.  Be aware that this  mission contains a few twists.  Mission success requires the destruction of the Soviet commander.  The commander can be killed by yourself or other members of your command.  You may even need to venture onto the battlefield to destroy him.  This all depends on how the mission evolves as there are several random events in it.  Second, keep a wary eye on the circling IL-2s.  They are armed with bombs, rockets and guns  They quite capable of destroying you.  If you suspect you are being targeted, engage in evasive maneuvers.  Above all, enjoy!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

😮 OH... MY... (FUCKING) GOD...  it's so an amazing mission... the mission's atmosphere with enemy plane who fly around us and shoot us is incredible... congratulation for your work!!! very thanks

• Thanks 1