screamingdemon

Where to find the torrent version for game update file?

Hi Guys

I am in desperate need of assistance.

I live in an area with frequent power failures and slow internet (ADSL). That means that each time the power goes out it seems that the download starts from the very beginning. The current update is almost 19GB so this method is proving quite useless 😭.

I can see some discussion in the forums about using torrent option but I cannot locate such an option available in the launcher. I had the same problem with DCS, however I found that with their launcher, if you cancel the initial download it automatically goes to torrent option. I cannot find the same happening with IL2.

I would highly appreciate some assistance on how to find the torrent version of IL2 latest update🙏

Guys,

No proposals yet on a solution. I must be the only person in he world with this download problem?  Maybe I am seeking the wrong solution. The method I am using to download does not appear to support resume after a broken connection. 

From your experience, is resume supported. If so then I must be doing something wrong.

The default launcher Supports Resume as i done it alll the time for last 3 years living on aus on limited connection. 

When you downloading from laucnher and it say 1GB of 3GB then you close and reopen it it will say 0 of 2GB so it Resumed it obviously 

TBAS=Sschatten. Thanks for that confirmation. I suspect that when my PC shuts down due to the power failure it somehow loses the resume point. As the power failures are scheduled I will shut down PC prior to try to maintain the resume point.

Just made a small test. Resume seems to work if the internet connect is interrupted, however it does not seem to work if one restarts the PC?

Glad you got it sorted! 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

On 2/9/2020 at 9:18 AM, screamingdemon said:

Just made a small test. Resume seems to work if the internet connect is interrupted, however it does not seem to work if one restarts the PC?

Might be worth an investment in a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)? If the power failure is brief the PC could stay on, or if its longer have time to shut down properly and possibly avoid the issue.

17 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Might be worth an investment in a Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS)? If the power failure is brief the PC could stay on, or if its longer have time to shut down properly and possibly avoid the issue.

If you are intersted, I'd recommend the Online UPS, it's more expensive but it's the only one that works as it should be.
The PWM and Offline are cheaper but can damage your PC because it use a electromechanical relay.

Edited by SCG_ErwinP

Update: So after many trial and error I discovered that indeed the game does continue to load very close from where the interruption occurred. As the file was so large and I was a little bit impatient I did not notice that when I restart the download, that the system took some time to check the already downloaded files. When I lost connecting during DCS download there are reassuring messages alerting you that it is checking the "delta data", whereas IL2 remains mute on this point:negative::russian_ru::crazy: