Sign in to follow this  
J99_Sizzlorr

I need a new Headset

As the title says I am currently looking for a new headset. This time it should be wireless but without bluetooth. And it should be possible to use the TrackIR clip with it. Does anyone have a recommendation? Which headsets do you use?

Any, just make sure they’ve got goggles attached (VR) 😁.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Be sure to get surround sound. 

Well Jason said somewhere that all game sounds are in stereo, but for other games this might be useful. Do you have a suggestion?

I use the Logitech G430, but its wired, they do have the G533 wireless that's probable close to mine , I know it worked in ROF but unfortunately I can't find my dongle for the head set to try it in FC,  Surround is awesome but expensive. The mic is really good in Logitech, nice and clear.

I have an ASTRO A50 wireless Surround Sound Headset and it is very nice, I use it only for PS4. But you can use it for PC aswell of course. For PC I use some great In Ear pods with my HP Reverb.

Check out the A50

6 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

I have an ASTRO A50 wireless Surround Sound Headset and it is very nice, I use it only for PS4. But you can use it for PC aswell of course. For PC I use some great In Ear pods with my HP Reverb.

Check out the A50

Can you mount the Track IR clip on it?

I don´t know, I never had a Trck IR, I use VR only. the A50 is a normal style Headset as any other.

I bought Razer's Nari Ultimate headset and love it. Though I use a cap for TrackIR and not the clip.

I had an Astro A50...It was pretty cool during its first 18 months but then slowly started to fall apart.  An expensive piece of plastic garbage! (At least in my experience....)

I'm currently using Bayer Dynamic MX300 headset (Its not wireless) .

The sound quality is excellent and the build/sound quality puts the Wireless Astro headset to shame (In hindsight I really don't know was i thinking buying that plastic piece of Astro rubbish...).

I would advise on Seinnheiser or a Bayer Dynamic headset if you want quality sound/build.

Stay away from the gaming brands Corsair/Astro etc... they are selling on name/style rather than sound or build quality. (although Logitech have good customer services and are reasonably priced, build quality can be questionable on some products).

Astro customer service was a nightmare to deal with. They don't carry spare parts either (whereas Seinnheiser and Bayer Dynamic do) so if something small gets damaged or breaks, your Astro headset is ready for landfill.

I have my head tracking clip attached fine to the side of the MX300 with two small cable ties and it works fine.

Like internet, you are better avoiding wireless when you can, fidelity should be better with cable. Anyway, i found i had the Astro Headset charging cable attached more often than not to prevent the battery running out over long sessions.

Good luck with your choice.

EDIT - Tracking clip can be mounted on Astro A50 to answer your question - But i really cant recommend the headset given my experience. 

Edited by itsbillyfrazier

11 hours ago, WallysWorld said:

I bought Razer's Nari Ultimate headset and love it. Though I use a cap for TrackIR and not the clip.

9 hours ago, itsbillyfrazier said:

I had an Astro A50...It was pretty cool during its first 18 months but then slowly started to fall apart.  An expensive piece of plastic garbage! (At least in my experience....)

I'm currently using Bayer Dynamic MX300 headset (Its not wireless) .

The sound quality is excellent and the build/sound quality puts the Wireless Astro headset to shame (In hindsight I really don't know was i thinking buying that plastic piece of Astro rubbish...).

I would advise on Seinnheiser or a Bayer Dynamic headset if you want quality sound/build.

Stay away from the gaming brands Corsair/Astro etc... they are selling on name/style rather than sound or build quality. (although Logitech have good customer services and are reasonably priced, build quality can be questionable on some products).

Astro customer service was a nightmare to deal with. They don't carry spare parts either (whereas Seinnheiser and Bayer Dynamic do) so if something small gets damaged or breaks, your Astro headset is ready for landfill.

I have my head tracking clip attached fine to the side of the MX300 with two small cable ties and it works fine.

Like internet, you are better avoiding wireless when you can, fidelity should be better with cable. Anyway, i found i had the Astro Headset charging cable attached more often than not to prevent the battery running out over long sessions.

Good luck with your choice.

EDIT - Tracking clip can be mounted on Astro A50 to answer your question - But i really cant recommend the headset given my experience. 

Thanks for your suggestions guys it helps a lot!

A non-gamer friend of mine gave me a used pair of Flighcom 4DLX aviation headset, not understanding that they aren't for flight simulators. However, there is a $50 converter. Does anyone have an opinion on using them? They seem very comfortable, but I have no idea of the sound or mic quality.

30760166.jpg

Buy a good stereo headset ..and a separate microphone..no “gamer” headset ...I have now for years a Bayer dynamic dtr990 pro 

Edited by Dex*GD*Dexter
  • Thanks 1

Ask 1 Question and you get 100 different answers and suggestions. Best would be to go to a shop and test many Headsets by yourself…..but that is the problem nowadays with Internet Shopping Where to find good Shops with a great choice of products to test.. Many people buy products with Amazon to test and send it back right away, what does Amazon mostly, put it into the shredder, that is no soultion.

Buy whatever you like and prefer, I did the mistake 2 days ago to buy a pair of in ear headphones, after watching a YouTube review by a guy who praised those Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd in Ears. After I tried them I was shocked about the bad sound they produce. Listening only to other people´s opinion and advise leads often to bad decisions.

13 hours ago, spitfirejoe said:

Ask 1 Question and you get 100 different answers and suggestions. Best would be to go to a shop and test many Headsets by yourself…..but that is the problem nowadays with Internet Shopping Where to find good Shops with a great choice of products to test.. Many people buy products with Amazon to test and send it back right away, what does Amazon mostly, put it into the shredder, that is no soultion.

Buy whatever you like and prefer, I did the mistake 2 days ago to buy a pair of in ear headphones, after watching a YouTube review by a guy who praised those Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd in Ears. After I tried them I was shocked about the bad sound they produce. Listening only to other people´s opinion and advise leads often to bad decisions.

Yes but this is what I am after, to get many opinions from diffrent people, as all our priorities differ I have to seperate the chaff from the wheat. I do indeed plan to get the headset from an online shop, that is why I am curious about your experiences with diffrent products. So I am greatful for every advice I get here from you guys.

If you are using TIR Clip, it has a wire, so I'm not sure why there is talk about wireless headsets.  I have a set of Sennheiser Game Zero Gaming Headphones.  I've had them for about six years now and they are great.  The TIR clip goes on them very nicely and I zip stripped TIR wire and Headset wires together so there is no messy tangled wires to get in the way. 

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/game-zero

product_detail_x2_desktop_GameZero_black.thumb.png.90f6f91d97a334ab63104df6936295d5.png

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 361st_Hoss said:

If you are using TIR Clip, it has a wire, so I'm not sure why there is talk about wireless headsets.  I have a set of Sennheiser Game Zero Gaming Headphones.  I've had them for about six years now and they are great.  The TIR clip goes on them very nicely and I zip stripped TIR wire and Headset wires together so there is no messy tangled wires to get in the way. 

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/game-zero

product_detail_x2_desktop_GameZero_black.thumb.png.90f6f91d97a334ab63104df6936295d5.png

Thanks for your zip strip tip ;) 

Both cables come from diffrent directions with my setup because my TIR is plugged in my screen, they always tangle together, and sometimes i like to hear a podcast or watch a video, when i decide it is time for a smoke outside my room. I would like to be able to carry the sound with me then.

Edited by J99_Sizzlorr

I have the MMX 300

Great sound and great microphone  

Track clip mounted with sticky Velcro, one to clip and other to headphones, removes quickly and easily. 

I prefer wired all the time, no input lag.

which one did you buy now?