Sign in to follow this  
Saedriss

Tank shells vs structures

Static weapons and one fortification that I know of (the one with a big square opening and an AT gun poking out) can be destroyed with one well placed shell.

The weird wooden fortifications are destructible too. (I don't know the name, they have a triangular roof and are found around front-line bases)

But I'm wondering about... Everything else.

Every time I encounter a new structure I try to put one or two shells in it, and it never seem to have any effect. Even on structures that are destructible (with bombs)

So I wonder if :

A) Some structures can be destroyed by tanks, and others only by plane bombs, no matter what.

B) Some structures can be destroyed by any tanks, and others only by plane bombs or high power shells (122 or 152mm)

C) Every structure can be destroyed by anything, but tanks shells do lower damage than bombs hence one or two shots won't take down a bunker or factory but 30 could (depending on shell)

RIght now, based on very anecdotal evidences it feels like option A. But I may be wrong and I hope to be wrong.

So if anyone has a definitive answer on this matter it would be welcome 😃

Edited by Saedriss

I've pumped so many HE shells into the airfield fuel tanks, the ones that can be destroyed by 20mm from the air, with no luck what-so-ever. I've definitely gotten the impression that tanks shell destruction of static ground targets needs some work.

Airfield fuel tanks do explode, usually takes just one HE shell but....it takes about a second to register as destroyed. It seems to just collapse into a heap.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, Saedriss said:

So if anyone has a definitive answer on this matter it would be welcome

In this version of game:

If durability = 1500 and lower - object can be destroyed by tank gun.

If durability = 2000 and higher - object can be destroyed by bombs.

if durability = 1000 or 500 - object can be destroyed by 12.7mm machineguns or long burst from 7mm mg's 

If durability = 0 - object can be destroyed by 7mm mg's with one-two bullet.

• Upvote 1