Waffen84

Is there a way to fight from the start to end of ww2.

Well I would like to do this if it can be done as I came from rise of flight and enjoyed playing the start of the war to the end.  Is there a way to do this and will there ever be if there isnt.  Oh and VR in this is killer sick [edited] I love it.  First time trying it today and wow.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
language

If you start your career with Moscow and survive, you can continue with this pilot in Stalingrad etc. So yes it is theoretically possible.

On 2/3/2020 at 9:19 PM, Waffen84 said:

this is killer sick [bleep] I love it.  First time trying it today and wow.

Try not to be sick or [bleep] on or around your pc... you may need to go to the doctors for further advice if it persists!

Edited by LukeFF
Language
  • Haha 2

killer sick [bleep]

Ah yes, cholera. Very dangerous stuff.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Haha 2

Yes you can...here on forum by being Luftwhiner or Redwhiner...just pick your side 😂😜

Well, it depends on how you define the start of WWII. 1935? 1937? 1939? 1941? Hopefully some day the sim will reach back into some early war scenarios on the west and eastern front. It would be cool to have the ability to fly all the way from the start to the end of air operations.

I think that with the way the career mode works, you can theoretically work through the career for each module all the way from Moscow to Bodenplatte if you are on the German side. I don't think you can be a Soviet pilot and transfer to the West after Kuban though. 

• Like 1

PWCG lets you go varying lengths depending on who you are fighting for. 

German: from Moscow (Oct 1941)  to January 1944 on the Eastern Front.  You can then move to the west in September of 1944 and fight the Americans and British.

Russian: Moscow through Kuban,  so October 1941 to January 1944.  No end of war scenario (lacking planes and map)

British American: Currently limited to late war: Sept 1944 to end.  Hoping to expand that from 1942 (maybe even mid 1941) to end of war after Normandy is released.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can you continue a Luftwaffe Moscow-Kuban career on to Bodenplatte?

Yep, you can, you'll just have to select a new squadron since none transfer over IIRC. As I recall, if yous start a Bf-109 career with 2. staffel JG-52 in Moscow, you can take that one all the way to the end of Kuban. 

5 minutes ago, migmadmarine said:

Yep, you can, you'll just have to select a new squadron since none transfer over IIRC.

There absolutely are units that transfer over from the East to Rhineland (and Normandy, for that matter) - most notably, KG 51 and JG 3. 

Oh, guess I overlooked them. Are they in the Rhineland area from the start of the BOBP career period? 

12 hours ago, Waffen84 said:

Well I would like to do this if it can be done as I came from rise of flight and enjoyed playing the start of the war to the end.  

Technically there is no Battle of France so the beginning of the war is out.

No Battle of Britain, so the 2nd big event is also not there.

You can get the ball rolling on the Eastern Front after Operation Barbarossa, so mid 1941ish. That's about 9 months after the German Invasion of Poland.

You could go to the ending date in Europe as Allied or Luftwaffe on the Western Front. 

Also the conflict continued in the Pacific for an additional 4 months after VE Day, so you can't actually go to the end of WWII.

You may not have meant your question literally, if not just ignore my post

Edited by Jaegermeister

So BoX Career and PWCG pretty much offer the same thing: 1941 to 1945 with a significant gap in 1944.  Nothing in the east after the end of 1943.  Nothing in the west before late 1944.  More coming with Normandy.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

Technically there is no Battle of France so the beginning of the war is out.

No Battle of Britain, so the 2nd big event is also not there.

You can get the ball rolling on the Eastern Front after Operation Barbarossa, so mid 1941ish. That's about 9 months after the German Invasion of Poland.

You could go to the ending date in Europe as Allied or Luftwaffe on the Western Front. 

Also the conflict continued in the Pacific for an additional 4 months after VE Day, so you can't actually go to the end of WWII.

You may not have meant your question literally, if not just ignore my post

I would just like to remind you that there is also no Polish defensive war of September 1939. So now we can say that "you can't really play FROM THE BEGINNING OF WAR" :) 

No offensive. I just remind history ;)

Well I would like to do this if it can be done as I came from rise of flight and enjoyed playing the start of the war to the end.  Is there a way to do this and will there ever be if there isnt.  Oh and VR in this is killer sick [bleep] I love it.  First time trying it today and wow.

If you liked RoF, don't forget to grab Flying Circus while it is on sale.  Breathtaking VR.  No in-built career yet, but PWCG works with it.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:26 AM, RavN_Alienzo said:

I would just like to remind you that there is also no Polish defensive war of September 1939. So now we can say that "you can't really play FROM THE BEGINNING OF WAR" :) 

No offensive. I just remind history ;)

Well we're completely missing the Japanese actions in China too, if we want to really get down to it.

Edited by LukeFF
language

The truth probably is that we will never see a whole war in one game, from now on. The old il2 came close, but in those days, the standard of excellence was much, much lower. Now, it takes a whole year, years even, to create a dozen planes, a single map and FMs and DMs within the standards that we got used to - to have the frame for a "mere" 3 to 6 months operation, well simulated.

An all-encompassing sim, Poland to 

France to BoB to 42/43 west, going then to the strategic bombing to Normandy to the endgame in 45, passing through defense of the reich, nightjaegers.... battle of the atlantic.....all that in one game seems to have become impossible. I haven't even mentioned the Med, the Eastern Front, the Pacific....

Edited by danielprates

3 hours ago, migmadmarine said:

Oh, guess I overlooked them. Are they in the Rhineland area from the start of the BOBP career period? 

Yes, they are. KG 51 is one of the units that flies jets on the Rhineland map.