Sign in to follow this  
raaaid

so seems flies are taking the place of bees in polinization

the plants of my windows bloomed since the 21st of december

rarely seen visiting bees the flowers but plenty of flies have sex with the plants

oddly enough i noticed this kind of flies is gaining a yellowish color

tomorrow ill try to record a video of the starlings who are by my window, i wonder where the litle fellows come from, brittain or north europe

its just impressive when they leave all together the tree they sleep in

i wake up early to see the show and then go back to sleep :)

Edited by raaaid
  • Upvote 1

Nice raaaid that you take notice of the things around you ,    We had starlings imported from europe when australia was invaded by england Unlike your starlings ours are a pest  But yours are fascinating to watch doing their aerial ballet in their natural environment !    As for you flies pollinating flowers ! Possible !  But given the tonnage of flies per square kilometer down here things should be blooming constantly But alas it's only the bees doing it here with the odd insect and animal chipping in 

• Upvote 1

so here a video of the starlings by my house waking up in the morning:) :

• Thanks 1

edit:

i hope not to get in trouble the nice fellows, everyboyd hates them for the sith thing, didnt tag the location

the thing i couldnt be luckier my plants bloomed in full winter and still last and these litle fellows come every year from god knows how far north to sit right by my window

not to mention i only sleep when im tired and eat when im hungry

maybe karma is true

Maybe. But why does it take so long. I've been good. Mostly. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, raaaid said:

so here a video of the starlings by my house waking up in the morning:) :

Thats friggin awesome. Amazing creatures birds are.

Here in Minnesota we’ve got the Canadian Geese, or as we like to call them the “Canadian Honkers”. It never ceases to amaze me how they have a set routine and like all birds seem to know exactly where they are going - amd always while flying their remarkable V formations (well, more or less but that’s what they strive for). In the mornings you’ll see huge flocks headed out to the cornfields. At the end of the day, they’re headed back to the lakes. Whether feeding in the fields or sleeping on the water they always have designated sentries who stand guard to sound their warning out from the main group. I never realized this until I saw it over and over again after moving here. And yes, they actually take turns.

To add to that every year now we’ve had this female robin who shows up in the spring and builds here nest in the same area to raise two clutches of young ones. How the hell she knows from migration to come back each year let alone the same exact house to build is amazing.

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by BornToBattle
  • Like 1

here the starlings about going to sleep:

On 2/5/2020 at 8:02 PM, BornToBattle said:

Here in Minnesota we’ve got the Canadian Geese, or as we like to call them the “Canadian Honkers”. 

I call them “sky rats” Messy vile critters.

I love birds, and enjoy watching the activity at our feeders - but Canada Geese are pests. Anyone who thinks differently should forced to live with them in their yard for a few months.

I found out the hard way - ended up solving matters in a somewhat “permanent” fashion.

42 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

I love birds, and enjoy watching the activity at our feeders - but Canada Geese are pests. Anyone who thinks differently should forced to live with them in their yard for a few months.

I found out the hard way - ended up solving matters in a somewhat “permanent” fashion.

When I walk along the boardwalk to get to work, from spring to fall there are always a ton of Canada geese. They hiss at me, I hiss back, I like to think we've developed a rapport...based on mutual hate and mistrust.

They gorge themselves on the grass near the boardwalk all summer . Once I startled some of them and one was quite, shall we say, rotund. He must not have calculated his take-off weight properly and just didn't get enough altitude, smacked into the handrail, somersaulted over it and fell about 7 feet into a heap of indignant feathers and hate. He wasn't amused when I almost fell over laughing at him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

They are definitely NIMBY material. Was a real problem here with people feeding them at the lake until the city clamped down on it. Their feces is the size of cat poop as you know. Crows now are the biggest nuisance in areas downtown and always have been. I hear they are decent eating though - the geese - not the crows lol.

I took down our three feeding stations for the winter. On the far side of the deck we have 1 finch seed sock. Any bird, small or large in my book is disgusting when it comes to having a feeding station to attract them. Seed husk everywhere along with all the bird crap. Seems like birds are like cockroaches and rodents. They have no bowel control at all. Bird crap on the deck railings, bird crap on the deck, bird crap on top of the feeder stations, bird crap sometimes even on the perches at the stations. Disgustingly dirty creatures - but amazing nonetheless at what they do besides pooping all the time.

Edited by BornToBattle

3 hours ago, BornToBattle said:

They are definitely NIMBY material. Was a real problem here with people feeding them at the lake until the city clamped down on it. Their feces is the size of cat poop as you know. Crows now are the biggest nuisance in areas downtown and always have been. I hear they are decent eating though - the geese - not the crows lol.

I took down our three feeding stations for the winter. On the far side of the deck we have 1 finch seed sock. Any bird, small or large in my book is disgusting when it comes to having a feeding station to attract them. Seed husk everywhere along with all the bird crap. Seems like birds are like cockroaches and rodents. They have no bowel control at all. Bird crap on the deck railings, bird crap on the deck, bird crap on top of the feeder stations, bird crap sometimes even on the perches at the stations. Disgustingly dirty creatures - but amazing nonetheless at what they do besides pooping all the time.

Yep, but entertaining aside from the pooping.

We get a bunch of different birds in the winter, so feeding stations stay up year round.

We get the Snow Geese up here in the winter...formations from horizon to horizon...it's absolutely stunning. I've taken photos but just doesn't translate.

My favorite birds right now are the Winter Wrens...they're about the size of a golf ball...little poof balls flitting around in 8-12 bird flocks...seem to like suet feeder.

• Upvote 1

On 2/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, CanadaOne said:

Karma is true indeed.

Hello just dropping by, simple question about your post. 

Did I cross your mind at any point during the writing of that message.

Regards,

-nobody 

3 hours ago, Krisu said:

Hello just dropping by, simple question about your post. 

Did I cross your mind at any point during the writing of that message.

Regards,

-nobody 

You did when I read your post.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:15 AM, CanadaOne said:

You did when I read your post.

Fantastic. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:59 PM, CanadaOne said:

Karma is true indeed.

There's no such thing as Karma, there's only choices. I made some poor choices, I'm still making them even though they may well lead to permanent psychosis aka schizophrenia, that's why I thought this was somehow related to me at the time.

More than one psychotic episode later and I still choose to do it.   

I also choose to write messages like these to avoid taking responsibility and to feel like something was accomplished.  

i hardly do any more the stuff that drives you crazy

instead i do yoga to get high

try it you wont be able to tell the difference:

while standing take one or two deepth breaths, then hold your breath for 5 seconds and youll have a legal healthy high

if you feel you black out just lower your head

i specially love this pranayama in the morning just as i recently woke up :)

6 hours ago, Krisu said:

Fantastic. 

There's no such thing as Karma, there's only choices. I made some poor choices, I'm still making them even though they may well lead to permanent psychosis aka schizophrenia, that's why I thought this was somehow related to me at the time.

More than one psychotic episode later and I still choose to do it.   

I also choose to write messages like these to avoid taking responsibility and to feel like something was accomplished.  

Of course there is such a thing as Karma. Karma is misrepresented as the universe coming back to spank you. But Karma is action, including the action of making choices. And yes, actions have consequences.

Karma Yoga, for example - one of many forms of yoga - is reaching for enlightenment through positive and selfless action.

• Upvote 1

karma concept is a double edge sword

if you behave well for a reward arent you being selfish doing something in order to get a reward? so your real intend is not to realize a good act for the satisfaction of it but for the reward you expect?

i think in the end its a question of beauty everybody wants to be beautifull inside and outside