BlackSix

Developer Diary, Part 62

Wow !!!

Nice to read about a possible gun camera in the future !!! You guys rock !!!  

I am having fun with my 6 o`clock magic gun camera  :ph34r:

I myself hope they don't add a non-cockpit view, it's totally unrealistic unless you can control a plane sitting on the gun.

I myself hope they don't add a non-cockpit view, it's totally unrealistic unless you can control a plane sitting on the gun.

the magic word is "optional"......

the magic word is "optional"......

Even with that magic word it's nonsense in a sim.

I am totally disappointed by the news on skins. Very bad news. :rtfm:

• Upvote 2

@arjisme:

If you have or plan on building a 1:1 replica pit with canopy and all like this link you need the no cockpit view.

http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=121928

I understand how a no-cockpit view would be useful to someone willing to build a fully enclosed, 1:1 cockpit like you show in that link.  Most people that talk about sim pits don't take it to that ultimate extreme though.  So, I agree it would be helpful in that very narrow case of the few who actually do build such pits.

Totally agree with you there Bando, I'm sure there will be more than enough skins at launch, and as for identifying squad members why not just fly in designated positions like they do IRL e.g. Red 1 in the center, Red 2 on his Left, Red 3 on his Right and so on. This tactic works well in ROF multiplayer and is simple to use.

... .

That's all and well.. those designations are a way to ID a particular Position in a e.g finger four formation... what we are promoting is the possibility to choose a particular Id letter/number. To know who is flying what position in a formation is easy to discern via teamspeak.. but we need to Id mates when Not in formation but rather in combat situation. with no lables/icons.. this is a must feature. sorry for beeng so ademant about this, but for squads flying ..what we in Old IL 2 terms call "full switch", this is really high priority... if want to...and we do...fight as a team effectively

I am sure Zak and the team understand our concerns about this and look forward to what more they have to say about this before final release.. as he just said in one of these later posts

Edited by F19_Klunk
  • Upvote 4

Why bother at all what other ppl get their rocks off on?
Servers will have the choice to neuter it and it certainly will not be available in expert maybe even not in normal settings...
If it attracts ppl it will bring extra cash flow, founding further development so it actually may be a good thing.
In the end business is business so if it helps peddling the product ...
It certainly does not mean fly by mouse LOL
Edited by West

Even with that magic word it's nonsense in a sim.

for movie makere this feature is very much looked forward to.. nonsense or not.

Will we finally have Yak1 in the official MP servers to "match" the G2? Sounds logical.

Why?  109 F-4 should be overall better plane then Yak-1.

They said they'd release the fighters 'in pairs' so the yak have been waiting for the G2

Why bother at all what other ppl get their rocks off on?
Servers will have the choice to neuter it and it certainly will not be available in expert maybe even not in normal settings...
If it attracts ppl it will bring extra cash flow, founding further development so it actually may be a good thing.
In the end business is business so if it helps peddling the product ...
It certainly does not mean fly by mouse LOL

I see what you are saying, but I just hope there aren't to many severs that have mixed mode.

No custom skins for multiplayer really is a BIG disappointment to me and my squadron.   :(

I don't get the argument about transparent planes, since people who haven' t downloaded the skins will se the default skin like in ROF?

Furthermore the custom skins first have to be voted into the game by this community like in ROF. That eliminates offensive and transparent skins.

It is so well made in ROF so I see no reason not to do it similar in BOS.

• Upvote 3

Is the new installer up ? I downloaded and installed it a few minutes ago but i get the "failed to update" message when i try to update the game...

That would be great. Where did you read that? I must have missed it.

2) Will there be a no-cockpit view?

It would be good to have it. I hope we'll find time to make it. Or we might add it after release, if the project deserves its right to live on.

I think we can make a better gun cam from here  :salute: 

• Upvote 1

They said they'd release the fighters 'in pairs' so the yak have been waiting for the G2

If you didn't see Yak-1 was relased some time ago :P

besides, you could always add a check, when skin is applied, if there is a certain ammount of transparency.

• Upvote 1

No custom skins for multiplayer really is a BIG disappointment to me and my squadron.   :(

I don't get the argument about transparent planes, since people who haven' t downloaded the skins will se the default skin like in ROF?

Furthermore the custom skins first have to be voted into the game by this community like in ROF. That eliminates offensive and transparent skins.

It is so well made in ROF so I see no reason not to do it similar in BOS.

That's a good point actually. Users would never see a transparent or offensive skin unless they downloaded it, and if someone was offended all they have to do is delete that skin and they will see a default skin for that aircraft.

Is the new installer up ? I downloaded and installed it a few minutes ago but i get the "failed to update" message when i try to update the game...

Zak said he's about to inform us...

If you didn't see Yak-1 was relased some time ago :P

In pairs in MP that was ;)

Overall yes. Ofcourse. This is why I have quotes in my text. But dont you think you will have better chance in Yak than in LaGG against G2? Currently we dont have Yak in official servers...

Edited by tikvic

No custom skins? Wooow, this is a backstep which makes me really sad... :( If I would have the choise to found again... I wouldn't pay the mony now..

Very disapointed about skins although expected in an light evolution of RoF engine.

Any word about He111 or the bombing sight implementation? Also it will be like in RoF?

Edited by Siegfried

Ithink you are misunderstanding. The "approved custom skins" will be selectable in MP but just random made skins that arent in the approved list wont be allowed. Its just like RoF. Community votes in skins. The best thing for a skinner to do is add in ALL of the varients in tail number. Though this might lead to a very large skins folder as basically every skin would need its alphabetic or numerical version. And there is no way to quickly add your custom tail. IE: a spit with YO-A as oppEsed to YO-B. these would be two entirly different skins in BoS. Which is not a very effiecint way to do it.

But as far as custom skins in MP. They just need to be on the approved list. Take a look at the rof approved list. Its quite extensive. And includes many prominent squads.

It doesn't sound so crystal clear to me.  See Zak's post here:  http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/5826-developer-diary-part-62/?p=109086

ATTENTION! 
Please download the latest version of the game installer in your profile. Time of downloading  20:30 UTC
Apologize for any inconvenience!

I wonder why the complete re-install, it seems a bit drastic, or is it just a "clean" build ?  Good news about the clouds, I liked last weeks but they tended to stutter for me.

You can download (http://il2bos1.s3.am...m/IL2_setup.exe) and install the new version. Installer downloaded earlier is obsolete.

ATTENTION! 
Please download the latest version of the game installer in your profile. Time of downloading  20:30 UTC

Apologize for any inconvenience!

Which one is the correct installer??

You see more than one installer available for download in your profile?  I just see one.

Which one is the correct installer??

Both are pointing to the same url... I then guess they're identical! ;)

Edited by PA-Sniv

The installer Sneaksie linked certainly works...thanks guys, I'm gonna need that welder...  :salute:

You can download (http://il2bos1.s3.am...m/IL2_setup.exe) and install the new version. Installer downloaded earlier is obsolete.

Oh great... so the setup.exe i downlaoded 2 hours ago in not legit anymore and i have to donwlaod everything again???

Would have been really nice to provide the FINAL DOWNLAOD LINKS BEFORE announcing the part #62 developers diary to avoid confusion among the folks.

Thanks anyways.

Edited by Zak
  • Upvote 1

aaaah new hangar animations./ lighting / effects. I like!!! D

There is a welder at work in the hangar!

Edited by Pierre64