[EffeDB Mod]: Customize the game with your PreLoad Logo

This Mod allows you to customize the first image of the game: the  PreLoad Logo. 

Use one of mine or create yours with the insegna of your virtual squadron.

Download here of from my YouTube channel

https://mega.nz/file/WyRDhKhA#QdbgfR-UasaFZgW8hu1vIfRYMJ6tQ67InD7eHTuAu2A

Updated to 4.005 version

Enjoy and let me a like if you like.  

896272530_PushUpEmolittle.jpg.a293a26ba2cdffd4d4085af25ca446f6.jpg

Edited by EffeDB
Updated to 4.005 version
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 months later...
46 minutes ago, ROTER_BART said:

The folder structure has changed to ../logo/big/wob.

Could you show full file path please?  I am having trouble finding it in data > swf.

Should I be looking elsewhere?

TIA

29 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Could you show full file path please?

..\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob

...but you won't see that path because the folders/files are packed in swf.gtp.

Presuming you use JSGME or similar, all you need to do is create that path in your MODS directory so that it reads "..\MODS\PreLoader Logo\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob" and place your version of logo.eng.png in that folder and activate.

Once you've done that you should be able to see "..\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob\logo.eng.png" in your normal game install.

Edited by ROTER_BART
spelling
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ROTER_BART said:

..\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob

...but you won't see that path because the folders/files are packed in swf.gtp.

Presuming you use JSGME or similar, all you need to do is create that path in your MODS directory so that it reads "..\MODS\PreLoader Logo\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob" and place your version of logo.eng.png in that folder and activate.

Once you've done that you should be able to see "..\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob\logo.eng.png" in your normal game install.

I created this folder structure and it doesn't work.

Preloader Logo.rar

Edited by too-cool
On 1/28/2020 at 5:46 PM, EffeDB said:

This Mod allows you to customize the first image of the game: the  PreLoad Logo. 

Use one of mine or create yours with the insegna of your virtual squadron.

Download here of from my YouTube channel

https://mega.nz/file/mrQQACgb#fOB9_UfVgSaNjXHv5XMdcn16FpVYvB7ExElKqeZTnfY

Updated to 4.005 version

Enjoy and let me a like if you like.  

896272530_PushUpEmolittle.jpg.a293a26ba2cdffd4d4085af25ca446f6.jpg

I had to remove all the logos to br able to send this, but it still isn't working even with the update ver,

PreLoader Logo.rar

New version worked for me.  I just put my selected image in the new downloaded folder and replaced the old one in my MODS folder.

I assume you disabled the old folder in JSGME, removed/deleted it before you installed the new one?

I now have a load screen as shown in my previous post.

Another 'Like' to you EffeDB.  💙

Edited by Beebop

Might works too and all I did was disable the mod in JSGME, add the new path to the mod folder, moved the *png file to the new folder, deleted the old folder path and reactivated...  Works just fine.

48 minutes ago, Beebop said:

New version worked for me.  I just put my selected image in the new downloaded folder and replaced the old one in my MODS folder.

I assume you disabled the old folder in JSGME, removed/deleted it before you installed the new one?

I now have a load screen as shown in my previous post.

Another 'Like' to you EffeDB.  💙

Done all that, and still not working. It seems like its just jumping over my logo and goes directly to the default even if I change the number in the name.  TC

5 hours ago, too-cool said:

Done all that, and still not working. It seems like its just jumping over my logo and goes directly to the default even if I change the number in the name

I know it might seem too obvious, but do you have "Mods On" enabled in game?

11 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

I know it might seem too obvious, but do you have "Mods On" enabled in game?

I checked again and mods are enabled. Here's a short video of what I'm getting, it seems like for some reason the opening logo is completely jumping past my personal logo and continuing on to the default. Wondering if I'm missing something. I set the file structure up per your instructions and added my logo to the wob folder and still no go, I will try a different logo when I get home and see if that works, if not then it's has to be something with my game. Thanks TC

Desktop 2020-04-10 09-26-39.rar

10 hours ago, too-cool said:

I checked again and mods are enabled. Here's a short video of what I'm getting, it seems like for some reason the opening logo is completely jumping past my personal logo and continuing on to the default. Wondering if I'm missing something. I set the file structure up per your instructions and added my logo to the wob folder and still no go, I will try a different logo when I get home and see if that works, if not then it's has to be something with my game. Thanks TC

Desktop 2020-04-10 09-26-39.rar 543.33 kB · 3 downloads

Strange. I downloaded your version of the mod you posted above and it worked fine for me, displaying your custom logo.

All I can think of is maybe there's a conflict with another mod or there are some conflicting files left over somewhere in your install. Maybe try disabling all mods, then delete the assets folder from your game install and then re-enable the mod.

There's something strange, actually.  I've just disabled all the mods and restarted the game: no default logo appears in this case.

Then I've reenabled all my mods and they're working well.

Probably something wrong happened during the last update.... but I don't want to reinstall all the game. Too much gigabytes and time !!!

13 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

Strange. I downloaded your version of the mod you posted above and it worked fine for me, displaying your custom logo.

All I can think of is maybe there's a conflict with another mod or there are some conflicting files left over somewhere in your install. Maybe try disabling all mods, then delete the assets folder from your game install and then re-enable the mod.

It was the assets Folder causing the problems, deleted/re-install and all fine.  Thanks TC

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

It works if used with JSGME but the folder structure is wrong in the file in the first post! ( That's why it doesn't work! )

The correct folder structure is:

MODS\PreLoader Logo\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob 

Place the image in the wob folder.

• Thanks 1

They've modified the position in one of the last update ( ...many gigabytes).

I'll change the mod in the future.

Bye.

Edited by EffeDB
  • Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I have an old Steam version (3.201c) and it works.  Create the following folder and put all the image files inside it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob\

It works even in the 1CG folder (4.005 version):  \....\data\swf\il2\assets\logo\big\wob\