Sign in to follow this  
SCG_Neun

Indestructible objects

We ran our mission the other day on the Rhineland Fall map and I had some American AT and machine gunners setup within the town of Heerlen.  When we fired on them they were just indestructible.  I went back in the the ME and made sure nothing had been unchecked in the vulnerability etc....

Is this a bug or is anyone else having similar issues?

Hi,

That's strange.

All I can say about indestructible units is that some Flying Circus units are indestructible and some WW2 units do not count as killed but they do explode when they are hit.

You can check this post (my last two posts do give a summery of them) you also can check them in the mission file i've added.

Back to your case,

did you checked the unitis one by one or all together?

Because the only thing i can imagine is that maybe for some units no "Linked entity" was created. 

If all the linked entitys are created and some WW2 units are still indestuctible, can you please add the mission file here?

• Like 1

There are some objects that have no destroyed model. So it can be that it is visually not destroyed but that it is damaged or killed.

To check for this you can create to event links from the object (it must be a linked object, vehicle or else) to mission subtitles. Use the OnDamaged for one link and the onKilled for the other one. Link each one to a subtitle with a text mentioning damaged and for the other killed. To make thing easier reduce the vulnerability value to 5000.

Run the mission and check if you get a message. If not and you can see that the object gets hit multiple and heavily, then there is a bug lurking.

• Like 1

Thank you for the responses guys.  I will be aware of this in the future.