Sign in to follow this  
Lemsip

The Big Show standalone videos

So I have decided to use Pierre Clostermann's book and create separate short stories based on content from various chapters. Here are the first of those, please let me know if I should continue. When I get my hands on some books from Germany's perspective I will probably do the same thing.

Lemsip

• Like 20

Nice video.

In RL that kind of landing probably best made in the grass alongside the runway.

I flew for awhile a 1956 Super Cub with bad brakes.

I'd just land alongside the runway to let the grass drag me to a stop.

I also, decades ago, witnessed the test flight of the  F-16 in Texas, in which the gear didn't come down.

In a cool bit of piloting, the pilot put it on the grass next to the runway. Almost no damage.

Grass is good.

• Like 2

Brings the book to life, well done. Do some more please. Salute

I just stumbled across this - fantastic stuff! Please keep them coming! :salute:

Hedge

On 2/1/2020 at 2:33 AM, J5_Spyboy said:

Brings the book to life, well done. Do some more please. Salute

Thanks!

On 2/1/2020 at 7:13 AM, Flying_Colander said:

I tuned in to see the next episode. Keep up the good work. Maybe next week...

I plan to make another one within the next week or so. They take a bit of effort to make so I took a break for a while.

15 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

I appreciate a fellow filmmaker with an original idea, keep 'em coming!

Thankyou, I will continue without a doubt.

Well done Lemsip, keep them coming. They were two of my favourite Chapters in the Pierre Closterman's  book 'The Big Show'. "We shoot up Saint-Andre" was a classic mission with a decision made by two wild French RAF pilots to visit one of their original home bases now occupied by the Luftwaffe - they got more than they bargained for!

"Flames in the Dusk" was another great chapter which you have really nailed, the weather at the time was appalling.

I am currently trying very hard to learn how to use the Mission builder and re-create some of 'The Big Show' missions. Just a couple of questions - 1. Do you have to recreate the exact mission to successfully video it? 2. I noticed you had another Spitfire skin representing Jacques Spitfire, plus extra Tempest skins. Did you make these, if so I would like to get some copies with your permission.

DFLion

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, DFLion said:

Well done Lemsip, keep them coming. They were two of my favourite Chapters in the Pierre Closterman's  book 'The Big Show'. "We shoot up Saint-Andre" was a classic mission with a decision made by two wild French RAF pilots to visit one of their original home bases now occupied by the Luftwaffe - they got more than they bargained for!

"Flames in the Dusk" was another great chapter which you have really nailed, the weather at the time was appalling.

I am currently trying very hard to learn how to use the Mission builder and re-create some of 'The Big Show' missions. Just a couple of questions - 1. Do you have to recreate the exact mission to successfully video it? 2. I noticed you had another Spitfire skin representing Jacques Spitfire, plus extra Tempest skins. Did you make these, if so I would like to get some copies with your permission.

DFLion

Firstly, thanks very much Im glad you enjoy my work.

1. My videos usually consist of 4 or 5 missions that centre around each section of the video. For example, the takeoff is created in ME then I disable the takeoff commands and just create the dogfight scene in another part of the map and so on. It is therefore easier to have multiple 'retrys' of a scene if it isnt to my liking cause I dont have to refly an entire mission.

2. The squadron markings I have have downloaded from the forum and Ill link them here within the next day or so as Im not home at the moment.